SAU Community

High Flow Cat Converter

Birnie

Hey guys,

Can you have a look a these photos for me?

Looks like it might not be a hig flow cat but i would have no idea.

The rest is 3 inch as in front/dump and cat back.

So if this isn't, i would like to get rid of the bottle neck.

Will i notice much difference?

Should be able to get one off ebay for $160 i hope.

Yibeda yibeda !

Hi Birnie

Doesn't look like it, but very hgard to tell from the outside!! take it off and whild looking through it, hold it up to the light, if you can see the light throgh the mesh, then it may be a high flow. I put a magnaflow in mine and they usually retail for ~ $400, I got it through a mate in the trade for $150.

I'd be careful of the $160 'high flow' cats - if the are the generic type, forget it! save the money and get one that has actual flow figures provided for it.

On the issue of liberating a few ponies, when I imported my car it had a full 3.5 inch system, no cat or mufflers, this is the only way to improve exhaust flow - but not legal :cheers:

noticed a drop in performance when I fitted the legal system - also slower to come onto boost.

Hey guys,

Can you have a look a these photos for me?

Looks like it might not be a hig flow cat but i would have no idea.

The rest is 3 inch as in front/dump and cat back.

So if this isn't, i would like to get rid of the bottle neck.

Will i notice much difference?

Should be able to get one off ebay for $160 i hope.

Yibeda yibeda !

get in contact with BATMBL on the forums here, i got mine off him a while ago, cant remember how much, but was cheaper than anyone else

get in contact with BATMBL on the forums here, i got mine off him a while ago, cant remember how much, but was cheaper than anyone else

i got one (including front/dump) for my 34 from BATMBL. Have fitted or driven the car yet :P but how'd you find the car after fitting the new cat?

cheers.

i got one  (including front/dump) for my 34 from BATMBL. Have fitted or driven the car yet :P but how'd you find the car after fitting the new cat?

cheers.

i fitted his 3" front/dump also,

already had a 3" catback

it does the job, i dont really see the differences in all these cats, they all 3"

some are larger voloume. thats all

why pay $500 for 1kw difference?

Guest two.06l
what about a "magic performance" cat. i'm considering getting one of them! zoom loves them. bout $500-ish from memory

d

these are the go, magic performance are in Brookvale Sydney.$500 for 4" of flow.

Paul...DIRTgarage.

A friend has a ballistic s/charged rodeo ute and has upgraded to some magic cats ( twin exhaust).

They are not fitted yet but the workshop is going to do a before and after with the old high flows first and then whack on the magic cats to see if they are all they are cracked up to be.

I will post results when its done.