SAU Community

Honda NSX

SliM

i think personally the car look great and goes very well

in the modify section i dont think you can do as much to an nsx than you can do to a gtr

the cars are very well produced cars but need a turbo :P

just joking

cyas

NSX type R hand built in japan..

goes very damn good for it's lil 3.2 N/a engine

such a great car.

stock to stock

a NSX-R has eaten R34 GTR VSP this was in BMI vids

the NSX-R lost to lambo's in a circuit battle due to straight line speeds of the monster 6L cars.

but managed to kill the lambos in the corners and stayed infront of the 911 TT and the M3 CSL and the 360 Modena with F50 brembos

i personally think it's the greatest japanese sprots car but the price tag is a bit...:P

]']NSX type R hand built in japan..

goes very damn good for it's lil 3.2 N/a engine  

such a great car.

stock to stock  

a NSX-R has eaten R34 GTR VSP this was in BMI vids

the NSX-R lost to lambo's in a circuit battle due to straight line speeds of the monster 6L cars.

but managed to kill the lambos in the corners and stayed infront of the 911 TT and the M3 CSL and the 360 Modena with F50 brembos

i personally think it's the greatest japanese sprots car but the price tag is a bit...:P

Ahhh the great 'Super Battle' :kewl:

The handling of NSX is fine tuned by ex - F1 racer Senna

and the first aluminum chassis of the world back in 90's

how much an audi ask for a car with aluminium chassis, even they are now doing it in mass production with today technology?

not to mention the titaninum con-rod in those late model 3.2L engine...

and the much much better balancing job of the engine

good stuff never equal to value for money

i don't rate GTR as a super car but NSX

but i will take a R34 GTR over a NSX

Ok - I've owned both so I feel some what in a position to talk about this topic (and not for the first time one here! LOL)

One of the biggest problems in this arguement is what we are basing the NSX on. Are we talking about NSX's as available in Japan (such as the Spec R) or just whats available here in Oz. An R34 GTR would seriously whip an Oz NSX in any race you want to have.

The main reason why I sold my NSX to buy an R34 GTR was because the Oz delivered NSX was very difficult to do anything with other than what it came stock as without spending a pointless amount of $$$. Apparently the diff's in the normal NSX were not designed to take any extra power. And upgrading the diffs was a very expensive exersize - not to mention that finding anyone that know's what they are doing on an NSX in Oz is also very limmited.

The GTR with very little spent on it so far out performs the NSX that its not funny. If I had access to an NSX R then the story would be different. But we can't get them here.

One thing about the NSX though is the refinement. Its something the GTR lacks. The GTR really is a race car. The NSX is a Grand Tourer. So it depends on what you are after. And it depends on what you define as a supercar. For me - the R34 is much better than the NSX ever was. But my wife prefered the NSX.

buy both, drive both, decide which one you prefer - then give the other one to me :rant: makes it easy for you!

It is a tough choice, Good NSX is very desirable.... add a supercharger.... I think I'd prefer an R34 though just for the rawness of it...