SAU Community

SBC ID III vs AVC-R

Col-GTSX

I am confident 16psi would hold well as the unit can go up to 2.5 bar as its max setting....

Using manual anything is possible... Sorry i cant run 16psi atm as i would do dammage as the front mount is not on the new car yet nor the exhaust... So 16 is out of the question...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the FC add on... its the same olinoid as in the avc-r. However i have seen many setups where they have used an FC and a separate AVC-R....

Because you can change the avc-r and fc at the same time and its monitor function is very handy. With the FC you can only modify one thing at a time and its all in the one unit. So i bit too much messing around. Also i read that the FC is a little slow when using the solinoid... Cant confirm this tho... I have only done a cuple of power fc's in my time... Only one with the solinoid add on.... Never got to tune that one so i dont reallky know... Can only go by what i hear...

Cheers

I am confident 16psi would hold well as the unit can go up to 2.5 bar as its max setting....

Using manual anything is possible... Sorry i cant run 16psi atm as i would do dammage as the front mount is not on the new car yet nor the exhaust... So 16 is out of the question...

I have no doubt it would hold 16psi well but what I need to know is if once learned in the auto mode on a highish 16psi of boost would the new Blitz spike if driving up a hill under load on boost then punched.

My origional Blitz SBC-iD used to. I remember Maxx also said the Greedy E-01 used to do the same.

It may even do it on 10psi.. Drive up a hill on boost, feed in say 5psi with your right foot, then punch it and see if boot spikes past the auto mods 10psi setting. :rofl:

some some extra comments, ive also got the power Id, it gives out all speed and kw readings, you can also do qtr mile times i think there is alot more to them if you have extra harneses.

As for the ID3 spiking, mine has only spiked once and it was from huge wheelspin in the wet it spiked and extra 3-4 psi although happened once since i have had it 3 yrs.

The Power FC boost control unit is the same as the AVC-R...

I have actually finally spoken to a local workshop here that mainly do Honda's yes I know but that is the closest I have been to a modded car in weeks.

This place swears by the Blitz, some of them even make a large display mounted in the dash. But that is too much work!!!

They have had issues with installation, but then again they are American...

So the PowerFC EBC also offers the RPM based boost & other boost features as the AVCR does?

So if you are runnin a PowerFC & buy an AVCR really you are wasting your money. Unless you like the bling bling VFD.

I like bling:)

Im not sure about the Pfc having all the hoo ha that the stand alone AVCR has.

I agree what was said about using long lines to connect the AVCR, ppl also seem to use the wrong diam hose as well. Perhaps the AVCR is a little more sensitive to install, or it just loves my car. Can you remember with the AVCRs you have installed how you wired the purple wire? You can wire the AVCR so that it fundamentally performs differently depending what ECU wire you connect the purple wire to

the power fc kit does not have gear / rpm / injector duty boost control options . its just very basic ebc operations .

if you want the extra tuning options go for the avcr . given the avcr can be purchased at some really good prices due to its bulk popularity its might only be $100 more .

and ofcoarse you get the bling

all good info.. more people need to put up their experiences with different brands, etc on here I think..

Lot's of people go install something and you never hear back what difference it actually made to their cars driving, handling, or performance..

I understand you are a SAU trader (newkon.biz) but you were warned about posting pricing above... This is not a for sale section this is a technical thread discussing the pro's and con's... If someone asks a question we can answer it....

Coupe-this = Have found a supplier for a possible group buy (give me a week or so, discussing units delivered prices, with Australian warranty round the 600 mark...)

Ok fair point...

I will not proceed with group buy on this product as i have mine already anyway...

I would have said its my post so i can do as i please in terms of posting pricing...

I will say that this is a tech thread and i didnt want it to turn into a pricing type thread. So i retract my above post and ask a mod to move tis thread to the FAQ/Tut's area for future reading by those who want a SBC or AVCR..

Thank you too all who found my reading interesting... I will choose to share info more carefully in the future....

Note: I have purchased from NEWKON before and recomend him to everyone... (no hard feelings here)

wasnt attacking or anything just asking . i was actually quite interested in the group buy so I hope it gets resurected .

this has been a great thread and from it ive decided to get the sbc id3 instead of the avcr . although I like a bit of bling in the cabin in the end of the day technical ability is most important.