SAU Community

talism

hey everyone

just wondering if anyone could help us out with some knowlage about a manual conversion for a 4 door r32. could you use a conversion from a 2 door for the 4 door and is it much of a hassle doing this conversion. i would also like know if anyone has a rough price range i would be looking at.

thanks for any help.

You could use all the Coupe parts (Gearbox, Pedal Box, Clutch Master Cylinder & Slave Cylinder, Fluid Lines, Interior Trim Panel around Gear Stick & Stereo, Speedo Cable) The only part(s) from the Coupe you can't use is the tailshaft and maybe the Gearbox Crossmember. The Crossmembers may be the same I am unsure. Thats about all the stuff you will need and for the most part it dosen't really matter if the parts come off a coupe or a sedan.

Chris.

I can't see why you can't use coupe parts for a conversion, we did on our R33 GTS25 sedan. I presume it would be the same for the R32's as the R33's.

Every thing was just a case of swapping things over, every thing bolted up nicely, even the coupe drive shaft, and cross member as there was no difference between the sedan and coupe.

• 2 months later...
I can't see why you can't use coupe parts for a conversion, we did on our R33 GTS25 sedan. I presume it would be the same for the R32's as the R33's.  

Every thing was just a case of swapping things over, every thing bolted up nicely, even the coupe drive shaft, and cross member as there was no difference between the sedan and coupe.

What about the tailshaft?

• 1 month later...

exactly the same

well i bloody hope so

mine is all sitting in the boot of my 4 door ready to drop it of to be fitted on tuesday.

i'll let you know on the tail shaft. but ive been told its exactly the same.

all up ts costing me 2500 with a new 9 puck extreme clutch and 2500 pound pressure plate.

cheers

Adam