SAU Community

ATTN: All SAU-Vic Members

R31Nismoid

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well not very much .......bar the wrath of everyone attending.....

However if you read between the lines of Snowies explaination, if a non invited person follows us around and they have a stack it won't be covered by CAMS or the club. Ie the responsibility will lie with the driver.....

Thats fine.

If I have not paid why would I be expected to to be covered by some CAMS thing? I would think insurance would take care of that as it does with all other clubs if an accident on a cruise was to occur and I know, I was involved in an accident on a cruise with another club and the club was not even mentioned.... thats for the drivers to sort out

Im not trying to cause any arguments here..believe me im not... I just dont think that everyone has been catered for when the membership structure was formed.

Not everyone wants CAMS, there are alot of people like myself who just want to meet new people, chat on a forum, and go for cruises

Maybe another plan could be developed... $30 and you get a lanyard, full forum access and are allowed on cruises?

Well not very much .......bar the wrath of everyone attending.....

However if you read between the lines of Snowies explaination, if a non invited person follows us around and they have a stack it won't be covered by CAMS or the club.  Ie the responsibility will lie with the driver.....

Isnt thats what insurance is for?

No need to snap back Adam

Im asking these questions so that everyone here (both members and non members) know what your (the boards) intentions are if this was to occur.

There is no point in me PM'ing you this as I think its best that this is answered so that everyone knows what the repercussions if any would be.

On a more personally note, having a CAMS affiliation doesnt interest me at all, and Im trying to justify why someone like myself should pay $50 to cruise on the public roads and use this free forum.

Wasn't snapping, just trying to find out what your point is. Your right there is nothing stopping you from using these forums or driving on public roads.

Look I'll make it very simple for you all to understand. SAU Vic is a registered club, we are registered with CAMS, we have a registered business name and we are a registered non profit organization. This is what makes us different to a forum club just cruising as a collective – say the R31 Skyline club or Nissan Silva. When these things happen the rules that govern us change meaning that we as a committee hold a certain degree of responsibility for you as drivers actions. I'm sure you have all heard of duty of care etc and people sued others for stupid things eg. “I was on your cruise and it’s your fault I hit the pole and killed XXXX because you didn’t XXX” Now we all know this sort of stuff happens and you can not deny it regardless if you or any other drive wouldn’t do that. YOUR insurance covers YOU but it doesn't stop us as a committee being sued or taken to court in the event something does happen. Can you understand that? I’m not being snappy just trying to make a point and this guys is the bottom line I’m sorry.

Look to be honest I'm not exactly sure how this CAMS insurance thing works you'd have to check with Snowie or another committee member but I'd rather claim an accident thru CAMS than thru my insurance comp.

I have a list of all cars number plates reg'd to memebrs. If there are cars there that are not members they will be told that they are not permitted to cruise with us, we will be checking this and drivers who are not memebrs will be informed they are not welcome and not part of the cruise.-- This is a VERY serious issue so don't be mistaken :rant:

Adz, cool it man,

is it not a fact that anyone not registered as a member that did tag along would not be covered anyway, so their presence would really make no difference?

If they caused or were a problem there is no way SAUVIC would be responsible for any outcome just the same as if ANY motorist on the GOR did the wrong thing.

After all it is a public road and a free country.

We dont need to turn friends on friends or into fiends.

Wasn't snapping, just trying to find out what your point is. Your right there is nothing stopping you from using these forums or driving on public roads.

Look I'll make it very simple for you all to understand. SAU Vic is a registered club, we are registered with CAMS, we have a registered business name and we are a registered non profit organization. This is what makes us different to a forum club just cruising as a collective – say the R31 Skyline club or Nissan Silva. When these things happen the rules that govern us change meaning that we as a committee hold a certain degree of responsibility for you as drivers actions. I'm sure you have all heard of duty of care etc and people sued others for stupid things eg. “I was on your cruise and it’s your fault I hit the pole and killed XXXX because you didn’t XXX” Now we all know this sort of stuff happens and you can not deny it regardless if you or any other drive wouldn’t do that. YOUR insurance covers YOU but it doesn't stop us as a committee being sued or taken to court in the event something does happen. Can you understand that? I’m not being snappy just trying to make a point and this guys is the bottom line I’m sorry.

Wasn't snapping, just trying to find out what your point is. Your rightm there is nothing stopping you from using these forums or driving on public roads.

Your saying there is nothing stopping me from doing this when clearly there is. I have to pay $50 to do this hence my disapointment.

Is there some way this can be discussed at your next board meeting. Im sure there are several people in my situation

Again, I am of the same understanding of what TurboX has said. What is the difference if a non member or a general member of the public where to be involved in the accident?

Furthermore, I have read comments elsewhere about the lack of cruises and board members saying "Start a cruise" so you are saying that there will be cruises for members only, and cruises for the everyone.. so how is that going to work??!!!

There will be cruises for members, and cruises for both members and the general. That being the case, everything you have said above is pointless and wrong

Adz....just a question out of interest...

An un-invited driver 'tags' along with one of our cruises and stacks it into mr general public. Are you saying that even though he/she was UNINVITED on this cruise, if mr general public finds out that an SAU Vic cruise was running down the same road they could sue the committee?? Surely our duty of care extends only to invited members (hence the list of members regos)?

I have gone through this already Adz

All I want to do is have access to all of the forums and be able to attend any cruise. I am not interested in CAMS so why should I pay for it.

As mentioned earlier why cant there be another offer. Have a $25 offer for people who want to be apart of SAU VIC (Meets, cruises, forums) and then $50 for full members who want CAMS

As mentioned in my last post that stuff about CAMS and people being sued is BS because there are clearly going to be cruises that are open to all to come so you can cruise with anyone.

With cams, it's not just about whether or not you want to race your car.

It's also public liability insurance for events/car shows etc.

I think what SLYWPN is saying, is he wants to be a full member.... for free.

and wtf?

what opinion?

when did i voice an opinion?

SKY031 you are very much entitled to your own opinions and they do count as part of SAU (not the be confused with SAU Vic) but neither of you are SAU Vic members so I can understand if this may be an issue for you?  

Guys - the best example I can give you is a work place accident. If someone hurts themselves at work then the employers/supervisors are liable for that accident. Even if the person that gets hurt just comes into the workplace and aren't even employed. That is why you see signs about authorised personel only.

If something happens on a cruise then the people organising the cruise are liable. If something happens and the person is a member of a CAMS affiliated club then CAMS will cover the insurance. If they are not a member of a club then the orgainisers of the cruise become liable once more. Consequently we have the right to ask people not covered by CAMS to leave.

As Adz said - others can organise open cruises at any stage if they wish. But be aware that anyone doing so will be liable and they will NOT be SAU Vic cruises. They will be the responsibility of whomever does the orgainising.

But events orgainised by the Club - where the club claims liability - will be for people who fall under the protection of the CAMS insurnace. Again - I hope people understand that. Some people don't mind complaining about paying the $50 - but I dont see them offering to put their house / car / etc on the line to orgainise something for people whom they may not even knows benifit.

As stated above, CAMS is not just about racing cars it's about public liability. We are not trying to rip anyone off, we are just members like you guys who put in some extra time and effort. There is a high chance I wont use CAMS again but I'll still pay my $50. We have talked about this all before and there was no way to get around it. One more thing I will point out is that not ALL of your $50 go's towards CAMS, infact under $10 of your membership is put towards it (calculated on 109 members). Is it really worth having say a $39 membership as apposed to a $50. That's $11 difference and in my opinion is not goign to break the bank, hell I'd spend that in beer in one weekend.

Where does the rest of the money go? Some stays in the club account for events the rest is Lanyards, T-Shirts, Government fee's, BBQ's, Drinks, Stickers etc. etc. Our bank ballance and statements are open for all members to view if they wish.

Hey Snowie.....I understand what you are getting at but as said before we can't physically remove someone from a cruise so if they are uninvited and we have asked them to leave AND THEY STILL FOLLOW us around and have a stack surely we can't be held responsible in any way??? To cover our a$$e$ we could always hand the person a pre printed form signed by the committee asking them to leave and we retain a copy??