SAU Community

hi all I have a 33 gts-t with 86000 on the clock and would like to change the gearbox oil not because there is anything wrong but because I like to change all the oils when I get a new car.

I was going to get the synthetic nulon 75w85 ($29.99 per liter) but everyone here recommends vmx80 which is much cheaper. castrol recommend vmx-m 75w85... someone said nissan run vmx80- from the factory is this true? i dont want to run a mineral if there is syn in there already thats all.

also the castrol website says 2.8 liters... is this wrong is it infact 3.8 - 4? can you overfill it?

i did mine last week, took about 3.5L.. cant really overfill it. Same with my diff oil change, just keep pumping until it starts coming out quicker than you can get it in..

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's only going to come out of one hole and the other one is a filler...you can't drain from the wrong hole :)

When filling up, fill through the filler hole until it starts to pour out of the filler hole.

Easy!

I know but I am going to change the diffs and transfer case oils as well and I heard that the transfer case plug is near the gearbox so I don't want to drain and fill the wrong one with the wrong fluid.

Do you guys use a fluid pump thing or just a hose to transfer the fluids into the car?

• 1 month later...