SAU Community

GTS/T with GTR Badge Shame File

Nexus9

so you guys think embarrasing a fellow SAU-er on the forum for having something on his car that was in no way his doing is you're idea of self-righteousness? Grow up.

If he does remove the badge, who's gonna fix the layer of clear coat that it damages, who's gonna fill the hole in the boot and pay for a respray? you? maybe its not on his priority list of things to do to his car as its only superficial... you guys seriously need to think outside the square...

mentioning it once and saying how much you hate it is one thing. making examples of people, especially fellow sau-ers is just not on.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another problem with so many "fakers" is that when the genuine article comes along, people who don't know about the guards, eng note ,awd etc write it off as a GTS-T as this has happened to me a couple of times. Esp being an r32 with N1 kit. Probably cos so many GTS-T's have a GTR front bar/kit etc...

In the end I just leave em at the lights anyway! It's all good. I respect these cars and that they are good in their own way (GTS-T) as they kick ass. Just my 2 cents worth

so how many R33 GTSt's with Nismo 400R kits are you gonna go up to and say "NOOOO you don't have a 400R, you're a ricer and I have a brain the size of my balls" to?

I was I must admit quite amused by the sheer number of GTSt's in brissy that had GTR badges on em. But get off it, what right do you have to dictate what other people do with their cars... if you don't like seeing it, close your eyes.

You aren't the Nissan police.

well that is specious reasoning.

having a body kit is one thing, putting a written "sign" on your car saying that it is something that it is not, is a different story.

There are plenty of the GTR style GTS badges available for minimal cost and will cover and the exact same spot where the offending badge is.

26825595.Cartype2.jpg

Yes you are right it is a free world and people can do what ever they like to their cars, but under that same freedom we have a right to an opinion and the right to express it and as you said .... "if you don't like seeing it, close your eyes".

Yeah I dislike the whole GTR badge on a GTSt BUT funky is right, it is their car and they can do whatever they want to it. No one has the right to force their view on someone else, if they like it, even though we might think it is wrong, I dont think anyone has the right to tell them to remove them.

It would be like someone coming up to me and telling me to remove the stripes, I'd tell them to go f**k themselfs. Should I start to expect notes on my car from the fasion police stating that green stripes was sooo 1980's? I dont care what anyone thinks of my car, I like it and that is all that matters to me. I would expect people with GTR badges on GTSt's would have the same thoughts, it's theirs so let them do what they want, even if it is sooooooooooo wrong.

GTR emblem on a lawnmower is funny. GTR emblem on a GTST is sad.

I must disagree with Funkymonkey and Ska say that what other people do with their cars is definitely worth my opinion. If they didnt want the attention to start with they wouldnt have riced up their machine..

And now for a well worn cliche... ' its ponies not chromies, mate '

PS. Ska your green stripes are so ninetys

I must disagree with Funkymonkey and Ska say that what other people do with their cars is definitely worth my opinion. If they didnt want the attention to start with they wouldnt have riced up their machine..

PS. Ska your green stripes are so ninetys

Attention, yeah the main reason for rice.

[sarcasm]

But now I have your opinion I can sleep easy at nights knowing what you think as I was nearly going to kill myself at the thought of not having your explicid opinion oh grand master of all things ricy.

[/sarcasm]

;)

guys this thread is not about the external modifications you make to your cars, no-one gives a shit about what your car looks like.

It is about claiming that your car is a GTR when it is not

Back on topic please

It is about claiming that your car is a GTR when it is not

so am i excused for having a gtr badge on my gtst, since i never tell people that i have a gtr.

besides, i agree with funkeemonkey, the only reason i keep the badge is so i wont have this empty space on the gtr front bar where the badge is meant to be. if i take it off maybe one of you "gtr badge on gtst haters" can pay for the spot to get a pearl silver spray done, or, buy me a gts badge

i think it only gets sad when people go as far as TELLING people they have a gtr when its a gtst, a badge just makes it rice.

Putting a GTR badge on a gtst in some ways is like failing to give respect to a real GTR. What happens when a fake GTR comes up against another competitive car at the lights and loses...(somehow)...? Its such things that give the real GTR's a bad name.

LiNDa.C, as for your situation, getting a GTS badge is an ok idea. I cant tell you what to do to your car but if I were in a situation where my gtst came with a GTR badge, I'd probably try to get the GTS badge.

Please...TAKE PRIDE IN THE GTST!!!

fine think of it this way, my car has a big ass blemish on the front bar and thats why i have a gtr badge on it so it hides it and wont be so ugly

when people wear foundation to hide blemishes are they implying that they have perfect skin?? NO. its just for looks sake

as for my gtr badge, it stays. real skyline lovers can tell the difference b/w a gtr and gtst anyway and people who cant tell obviously arent skyline lovers so who gives a sh!t

buddy club R33. well if i find a gts badge i will get it.

PS: i take a LOT of pride in my gtst. as far as im concerned gtr's are the ultimate racing machine, but i still love my gtst and wouldnt trade it for a gtr

What happens when a fake GTR comes up against another competitive car at the lights and loses

PPS: you shouldnt be dragging on public roads anyway, thats when lives are put on the table

when people wear foundation to hide blemishes are they implying that they have perfect skin?? NO. its just for looks sake

as for my gtr badge, it stays. real skyline lovers can tell the difference b/w a gtr and gtst anyway and people who cant tell obviously arent skyline lovers so who gives a sh!t

havent heard that analogy before!!!

PPS: you shouldnt be dragging on public roads anyway, thats when lives are put on the table

I'm talking more about the quick 0-60 sprint with the car next to you not the dangerous 0-whatever bloody speed you can get up to before your conscience tells you to slow down. I never go over the speed limit and I always let the car next to me speed past up to 100 so he can get dicked by the cops.

LiNDa.C, I wasnt taking a stab at you with that comment "TAKE PRIDE IN THE GTST" I meant it for every gtst owner.