SAU Community

Cruises/Events: Brainstorm thread

THE CHIEF

lol 1000nm of torque... u nobs

last time i heard ur car wasnt putting out 600kw sly :mad:

btw u guys are more than welcome to organise ur own stuff if u arent members... we pretty much wont be organising them ona regular basis as our priority is paying members.

we will still organise the odd one here and there but most stuff is posted in the members section

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so this whole brainstorming thing about cruises and events isn't really taking off!

There are some great roads around melbourne! All it takes is one person to go I'm going on a cruise on this date and i'm going on these roads and I'll end up here and I'm leaving at this time. And there you go...you have a cruise organised!

excuse me for trying to help!

so let me get this straight you want to go on a cruise, but you don't want to put in the whole 2 minutes it takes to organise one!

so you are quite happy to go on a cruise just as long as someone else organises it!

i don't see why everyone who is not a member is so keen to go on a cruise yet no one wants to organise one! Before SAU became an official club, they didn't have anyone to organise cruises for them so they did it themselves. I don't see how it is that hard to do that now.

i reckin a good cruise would be from melb to healsville across to noojee then across to inverloch to phillip island up south gippy hiway back to dandy not a bad trip and you can meet up and so many different places

just my 2 cents!

excuse me for trying to help!

Whats with the attitude? I simply said "why dont you organise one".

Since starting this thread changes have been made and I dont have the time to at the moment, thats all

so let me get this straight you want to go on a cruise, but you don't want to put in the whole 2 minutes it takes to organise one!

so you are quite happy to go on a cruise just as long as someone else organises it!

You have no idea. I organise cruises all the time for the club I am heavily involved with at the momenth so dont give me your dribble about me not wanting to organise one.

You seem to have all these ideas too but wont organise one yourself but you can sit back and have a go at me :wassup:

Movie drive-in nights are always fun :cheers:  perhaps the non-members can organise one if they are feeling left out.  Personally I'm over the whole 'cruising' thing myself..

matt, Im sure ud go if Vicky "HERRXX" (who u conveniantly keep spotting) went :love:

Deesil, you see the problem is that people want things organised for them and don't want to put the time in to do it themselves (not aimed at you, I can see you are trying to help)

On top of that, they like to complain if enough isn't being done to keep them entertained.

I just took three weeks of my life and spent every spare second organising a Tsunami Show and Shine, spoke to the coppers, spoke to countless other companies and organisations, and generally busted my arse to organise something that I though a lot of Skyline people would want to go to. Show off their cars, put them up against the Commodore Club and generally have a good time.

I advestised it on countless forums, made up flyers, spoke to people in the street and at traffic lights and hoped that people would come along and support a great cause and a great day.

On the day, the Skyline turn out was dismal. I think we had a max of maybe 10 or 12 cars. How embarrasing do you think that was for me? Telling people that the Skyline Club will be there and hardly anybody shows up?

Full respect to those who did show up on the day and donated their money, eat some snags, bought some raffle tickets and pitched in to help with the BBQ and have a look around and came and have a beer with us afterwards. :cheers:

To those who always want something to do but don't want to do anything to organise it, this was the perfect opportunity. You could shine up your ride, talk to people about it and shoot the breeze on what was a magnificent day, there was even a cruise which started after the event to go on. But unfortunatly the Skylines Australia club looked pretty short on.

Apart from the fact that we ran the BBQ, helped out with everything and generally pulled more than our fair share of weight to make the day a sucess.

People need to either put up or shut up. Help out with the events or simply don't expect to have any.

Become a member and go on the events that the membership entitles you to, be covered by the insurance, get your CAMS license, get the discounts and have a ball.

If not, either organise your own or don't. It's up to you.

The committee members bust their arses outside work hours to make the club sucessful and try to keep everyone happy.

I'm about to organise a Dyno day at probably the very best Dyno facility in Victoria which I'm probably going to make a general event which you wont need to be a member to come along to.

I bet that when I ask for deposits for people who want to run their cars on the day, I'll get "maybe I wont be able to come on the day" "What if the weather's crap" and various other excuses.

You may also ask why you need to pay a deposit.... How can you expect a workshop to employ people on a Sunday to open their shop and run their $185p/h dyno if you aren't sure people will turn up?

The only people then who get egg on their faces are the people who bust their arses to put the day on and organise the thing and much as they can. Not the people who said they would be there and then didn't turn up.

I'm having a rant here, because I haven't had one for a while, but something sparked me on.

Sometimes it gets right up me that I spend so much time trying to do stuff for people and then when something doesn't get planned exactly to what one person wants, they get sh1tty and pipe up on the forums!

Anyway, Blah. That's my rant, and wont hear me rant very often about shit like this but today you got it.

BASS OUT

totally agree bass.

i tried to do a dyno day with deposits... everyone whinged about not having one for ages, and when i did organise it.

no-one would committ.

At least with the Club no around, we actually have people who DO wanna do things.

No just a pack of whingers on a forum

Whats with the attitude? I simply said "why dont you organise one".

Since starting this thread changes have been made and I dont have the time to at the moment, thats all

You have no idea. I organise cruises all the time for the club I am heavily involved with at the momenth so dont give me your dribble about me not wanting to organise one.

You seem to have all these ideas too but wont organise one yourself but you can sit back and have a go at me :wassup:

ok well for one thing, i do have an idea ok. My boyfriend is a member of SAU vic and so I know very well what it takes to organise a cruise because I have seen them organise them all! SO DON'T TELL ME I HAVE NO IDEA!

And for another thing, I don't want to go on a cruise...all i was doing is suggesting some ideas! And don't try and tell me it takes so much effort to organise a cruise because it doesn't!