SAU Community

Stereo Probz

Restless 33

just got my car back from compliance and all that and the stereo wont turn on. when i test drove the car the stereo worked...does anyone know why it might have stopped? it's on of the stock head units for the '95 R33 GTS-T. it's got a single DIN with a tape that look like the main unit...then one above it with a cd cartridge that holds 3 cds. it doesn't look like it's getting any power at all...any ideas.

cheers mark,

if you're lucky they could have shorted you and blown a fuse

if you're unlucky they may have managed to disconnect a valable wire such as your main, remote or earth to the head unit:) will be fun to find, when in doubt - get out your multimeter and start at the back of hte head unit, if its recieving full power on the yellow wire, a signal on the red when your key is on ACC etc, and the earth is strong. then i would be asking your compliancers to replace what they blew up

not that i can see how they managed that:)

well i checked the fuse box under the dash on the drivers side...a friend who knows a bit of japanese said he thought it was the one on the right 5 up from the bottom. it was a 10A fuse. looked fine to me, replaced it and nothing different. what should my next move be...?

Did the radio pick up stations when you test drove it? During compliance they fit a fm band expander thing so you can pick up aussie stations. They may have stuffed up the installation of this, take the stereo out and have a look. It will look like a box that is plugged in between the aerial and the head unit.