SAU Community

15yr compliance in SE QLD

kudos.motorsports

Hey guys,

I've been looking around for places to have 15yr vehicles complied. So far this is the list, with prices, that I have been able to come up with. Please note that these quotes where for a 1988 Cefiro and R32 Sedan.

Gold Coast

Al

Dent 1

Cnr Maid & Price Streets

Southport QLD 4215

Phone: 0407 171 915

$1350

Tony Brown

Adrenalin Enterprises

Unit 1B 3-15 Jackman Street

Southport, QLD 4215

Phone: (07) 55 912 444

$1650 - A bit on the high side, but I have used before and their work is of top quality.

R & S Power

2/ 18 Hilldon Crt

Nerang QLD 4211

Phone: (07) 55 272 164

$1500 - Friendly Japanese fellow, talking in more detail with him on Tuesday (8/2). He knows his stuff and is very informative, I'll be talking price with him, should be able to negotiate a better price if there are some other people interested in using him?

Brisbane

isaso

32 Nestor Drive

Meadowbrook, Queensland 4131

Phone: (07) 32 003 98 8

$1350

Please feel free to contribute to the list.

Regards,

Andrew Sullivan

There is another guy in Price St, Southport that can do them. I went in there, but really looked like they were just doing it "on the side" and didn't inspire a whole heap of confidence. Their price was $1300 from what I recall.

Mine is going into Adrenaline tomorrow

They're all pretty busy though.. I expect about 3 weeks if I am lucky :P

Carmen Import Centre...

Got several different quotes ranging $1100 - 1700. Their price is $1400, a little more then some others I spoke to, but very professional and helpful (unlike others) - Certified RAWS and personal 15 year imports. Highly recommended.

http://www.carmenimports.com/

Just picked up my R32 GTST4 today from Carmen. The amount ended up being less than quoted ($1250 + tyres and a few minor RW repairs) which was a nice surprise and was completed in half the time expected! So even more so highly recommended. All work done was high quality and the interior was very nice and tidy. So pleasantly surprised all round. Really nice people to talk to and deal with also. Anyway enough said, just think they deserve a huge thumbs up.

I got quoted for me a R32 skyline GTST to complainced at ADD (Assain Drift & Drag) for $1300

I donno about the cefiros but wen i went there they were working on a few cefrios so yeh........

The Phone number is 33590333

37 KATE ST, KEDRON - Behind WOW Sight & Sound Brisbane btw

Ask for Danny !!

Geez, pretty pricey. I got quoted $1250 from ADD for my silvia and $800/$1000 (2/4 seats) from another contact which is better but still pretty exy for the little that needs doing. Of course mine is only a 2 door, but my friend had his 4 door chaser done for $850.

$1200 is average, and decent.. it'll be more if it's a 4 door.

Mine for R32 gts-t will be around $800-$900 mostly DIY..

When you add up the prices of most of the major things: $400 for new belts, ~$500 for somebody to supply / weld intrusion bars & filler cap. That is $900 just there... Then an engineer to come out and sign off on it all at maybe $100-$200.

And also their time to do it all. You can't expect it to be much less than $1200 these days.. They're not making massive profits that's for sure..

yeh i added it all up for my silvia aswell predator and i cane to the thinking that if i do it myself which im sure i could.... there could be a prob and not pass it which is my problem and alot of hassle to fix it...

if they do it and it doesnt pass they fix it no hassle for me so i rekon thats the go and yeah they cant be making heaps of cash on it eh...

I got my Cefiro complied on the gold coast at MSI Racing, dont think i'll go back there as it took 2 weeks longer than what they told me, and when they did the intrusion bars they dinted 2 of my doors, and it cost me $1450 with no RWC. I just got a 180 and i can get kits for around 600 but i dont know were i can find a engineer to sign it off for me.

White R32,

I had booked my car to ADD, was quoted $1350. I was happy. I was told 10% deposit, and one-week max. I had paid 100% of the fee, as I had trusted this would be the case.

After one week, no phone call. I rang I was told another week, I was then told I owe them another $80 for a high mount stop light. Not happy, thought this was meant to be in my quote. (Turns out this is a shitty $50 item from super cheap) I ring the Friday morning I was told it would be ready for pick it up. Car wasn’t there and I had to wait, not a big deal… I wait. Danny rocks up in my car, and wasn’t aware I would be at the work shop so early, bare in mind it was almost 1pm, and I had to come from Noosa. I also was told I owed him another $65 for towing… Once again I though my quoted covered all of this.

Danny then said I he hadn’t got the RWC, and that I could pick it up from red cliff. As I was driving the car back to Noosa with no rego I said could you post my rwc, my import approval and my invoice of sale, Was told no problem, would be posted first then Monday morning.

Come Tuesday no sign. Come Wednesday Arvo I ring, and was told he had lost my address and it would be posted that day. No show Friday, I ring again I was told his been busy, and it would be posted that day.

No show Monday or Tuesday. I get my father to take over. He rings, and was told the address was lost again, dad gave the address once again, and given a lame apology as he had a dyno day… I wait until the end of the week, no show of my paper work. My father rings again, and spoke with Danny’s wife/girlfriend/partner. She said she would inform Danny. Danny rings me and blow’s up at me over the tone my father used to his partner, and he would not be sending my paper work until he rang up and “said sorry” I had said I’ve been in-contact with my lawyer, and I have legal grounds to sue him for my paper work, and sue for compensation. He said on what grounds, I then rattled off my rights, and informed him for the second time what work shops I’ve taken down in the past, and what people I have… He was fully aware of what I have done in the past, due to a very obvious drag Silvia I had owned that caused its fair share of controversy. He then said when your father “says sorry” I will send them. I told him I’ll be down in the morning too get the paper work, he either gives them up, or I issue him with a notice to appear in court. I got to ADD around 11am waited for Danny and got my paper work. Modification plate paper work was a photocopy, and Queensland transport won’t accept this, so I now have to chase him up once again for the real copy.

I never got a straight reason why it took so long, and never got my RWC. I did get my RWC money back though. All up it took 3 weeks (Just for the paper work, plus another 2 weeks waiting for the car), and a few legal threats to get my paper work back, and is still useless has the mod plate paper work is a photo copy. I’m sure I’ve left out more to this story, but you get the idea.

Josh.

I'm confused Nismo_Boy - that seems like pretty shitty service to me (not to mention the fact that he sounds like a complete dickhead), so why did you originally say "Easy to deal with and good service"? Has all of this happened recently?

yeah thought so... wankers like that get me sooooo frustrated.... the hide of him to demand an apology before releasing your papers! :rofl:

you should have demanded an apology before releasing his manhood from a vice! :kick: