SAU Community

15yr compliance in SE QLD

kudos.motorsports

I change my view on what I said above.

I might just add a bit of truth to the story,seems you've had trouble with other workshops such as Tokyo Toys, Sub Zero in the past because of your attitude. Seems to me there is a pattern appearing???

I for one am not here to be verbally abused by your father and you seemed so genuine with your apology for his behaviour. I dislike 2 faced people. Yes ADD is a very, very, very busy workshop and yes it took a little longer than you were originally told. We explained that the sign off engineer was on holidays at the time and you didn't seem to have a problem with that at the time. Your exact words were"yeh i'm not in that much of a hurry but the sooner the better."

BY THE WAY YOU FORGOT TO TELL PEOPLE THAT DROVE AN UNREGISTERED VEHICLE FROM BRISBANE TO THE SUNSHINE COAST. NO TRADE PLATE ATTACHED BECAUSE YOUR NOT A LICENSED DEALER., NOR ANY FORM OF INSURANCE OF ANY KIND. YOUR KIND OF STUPIDITY KILLS INOCENT PEOPLE EVERYDAY. ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE FOR MINDLESS INCONSIDERATE ACTIONS, OF THIS KIND are acceptable.

If you've got any kind of justification for your actions please we'd love to hear it.

If you try denying this, don't your on our workshop camera leaving the premises.

ON A PUBLIC ROAD IN AN UNREGISTERED VEHICLE!!!!!!!!!

yeah thought so... wankers like that get me sooooo frustrated.... the hide of him to demand an apology before releasing your papers!   :)  

you should have demanded an apology before releasing his manhood from a vice!   :kick:

There is always 2 sides to every story. Please if you have time ring TOKYO TOYS and SUB-ZERO and ask what kind of conflict went on between them and Josh??? You'll be very surprised when you hear there version of events!!!!

you let him drive the car from the workshop unregistered?

i'm sure it would be your duty of care to NOT let him take the car... and i'm sure that if he did have an accident he could probably successfully sue you for it

i dont know you, or josh

it seems he was stuffed around on paperwork and his address going missing on the few occassions would not cut it for me at all.. Im sure anyone would get annoyed over being stuffed around..

Now... there is no point coming on here and starting a fight, all workshops have their up's and downs here and there... this happens to be a down, the dyno day 2 weeks ago was an up.. just leave things as they are and move on

:)

I don't know Josh at all, so I don't know how difficult he is to deal with, but if what he said is true about ADD/you constantly changing dates (by the sounds of it without so much as a courtesy call) or losing details repeatedly, then ADD/you have no right at all to demand an apology before giving him what he has already paid for - he has every right to be pissed off, and he was obviously getting nowhere without his father stepping in. It's simple customer service. Most clients/customers will understand delays or unexpected difficulties, but communication should be initiated by the business, not the customer.

My comments are based around similar past experiences of others dicking me around, and it's only when you threaten to take your business elsewhere or legal action that progress is miraculously made (if you're lucky), and then YOU are made out to be the bad guy.

My comments are based around similar past experiences of others dicking me around, and it's only when you threaten to take your business elsewhere or legal action that progress is miraculously made (if you're lucky), and then YOU are made out to be the bad guy.

Yeh thats true but from what I see, ADD Racing has 18 other cars in the workshop at the moment and I haven't heard any of them lashing out. And as for him driving away, we have a towing service for unregistered, un drivable vehicles! The fact is he complained about towing his car originally. What more are we suppossed to do. EXACTLY.

There is really no need to threaten anything, if Josh wants to take his business else where its his choice. I really don't think its a big issue.

getting daddy to ring up ...lawyers...legal action...big tanty

nismo boy sounds like a customer any workshop could do without..

I don't think DAN could agree with you more. He is a very patient understanding person. Any other customers of ADD would agree, with me here.

I believe Josh had a problem with Gavin Wood as well.

Trouble is, there is always two sides to every story. Some people just have to realise that the company they are whinging about online may well have eyes watching :D Some may choose to reply (84RBI), or not (various other staff members of workshops I *know* are reading this).

I'm sure this will be deleted (well trimmed) when the various moderators return from chilli :)

getting daddy to ring up ...lawyers...legal action...big tanty

nismo boy sounds like a customer any workshop could do without..

Seems like getting pissed off and actually doing something about it..

Tokyo Toys, Sub Zero

no comment.. didn't tokyo toys CHANGE their name .. for some reason..

I haven't been QLD that long.. but the amount of dodgy stories from workshops way outweighs the good..

There seems to be the perception "if you want to whinge do something about it and talk to the people involved".. well.. sorry, but customer service is foremost keeping the customer happy at all times so it never ever comes to anything else.

Seems like getting pissed off and actually doing something about it..  

no comment.. didn't tokyo toys CHANGE their name .. for some reason..  

I haven't been QLD that long.. but the amount of dodgy stories from workshops way outweighs the good..  

There seems to be the perception "if you want to whinge do something about it and talk to the people involved".. well.. sorry, but customer service is foremost keeping the customer happy at all times so it never ever comes to anything else.

As allready mentioned this guy has a pattern of being upset with workshops...they can`t all be wrong..

maybe nismo boy should start his own shop and show us all how its done

If you've got any kind of justification for your actions please we'd love to hear it.

If you try denying this, don't your on our workshop camera leaving the premises.

ON A PUBLIC ROAD IN AN UNREGISTERED VEHICLE!!!!!!!!!

now this is a little rich, no matter who you are or whatever you work for (which is not hte issue). You work for a *performance shop* .. now you are saying that any car that leaves your premises is fully legal, and whatever large turbo upgrades or whatever else you do is fully legal and FULLY compliant to ADR regulations and ALL AUSTRALIAN ROAD RULES. And every car you take for a test around the block to see whether everything is working fine, is equally legal and/or is insured for those modifications. Every vehicle that leaves your premises into the hands of a customer leaves with a correct mod-plate for the modifications you've undertaken? I don't think you have the call to say what is right and wrong in such a situation, sorry.

Even though neither is the right action.

Put bluntly, if I ran a bussiness I wouldnt be coming on internet sights to defend myself. It looks stupid, and doesnt help the business in any way. Whats a better way of doing things is using legal action of your own if you are that concerned about the comments.

Just my personal thoughts, but its not very professional getting on the net and 'having a go' back at your customer.

BTW, its business, your going to cop abuse from anoyed clients from, time to time, if its not phisical, put up with it. If you raise your voice back, start arguing back etc, they just fire up more. You tell them to calm down and you will call them back in 5mins or so if they dont.

Agravation of the situation doesnt help things along.

I assume Danny uses your account 84rbi, so I’ll address this to yourself and Dan.

As stated I have had trouble with all 3-work shops posted, one I happen to still keep in contact with, as problems have been sorted out. I’m not denying that. But when I have money to spend present time and in the future, one would think any work shop would like to keep the customers coming back, Not making the issue worse, and losing any future work that may have come out of a happy first job.

If you re-read my post 84rbi, I never said a bad word about Danny, your self or ADD. It was of the poor service I had received. And as for not mentioning driving the car with no rego, most people already know this, and it was my choice, even though I was advised by Danny to get a tow truck, so there is really no point in even bringing this into the convo.

As you said your self, there are two sides to every story. My father’s story is he never verbally abused of any kind. I believe there was a “tone” in the voice used. And yes my apology on his behalf was genuine as the issues wasn’t with you, so it should have been left at that, and not continued in this said “tone”.

Seeing as you’ve mentioned twice I drove the car with no rego, I’ll say it again, as I don’t wish to “appear” to deny it. Yes people of SAU, I drove the car at my own will with no rego and or trade plate.

At the end of the day, I was impressed with the workshop, and the work coming out of it. So don’t assume I’m sitting here knocking your work. As I said above it was the slow service with the PAPER WORK! Which I still don’t have what I need, as I was given a photocopy of the mod plate approval. Weather this was made by ADD or the ADR guy I don’t know.

You said your self; you have 18 cars in the shop at the moment. It is no lose to me weather you don’t wish to work on any of my cars. Be it a poxoy R32, or even an $80,000 RUF 911 of my fathers.

Skyrine-Dave, I took the car at my own will. IF something had happened there were enough people around to back what I said up. Which I’m not denying.

jake32, It’s the perks of being me, and being able to make legal threats in which I can afford to back up, if need be. As I said to Danny more then once I didn’t wish to go ahead with it, I just wanted my paper work, and too leave it at that. Seeing you have zero idea of who I am, keep your comments to your self.

There is always 2 sides to every story. Please if you have time ring TOKYO TOYS and SUB-ZERO and ask what kind of conflict went on between them and Josh???  You'll be very surprised when you hear there version of events!!!!

Sub Zero sold me a stolen motor, which the police took off me, and took atleast 2 months, to get back with police issued engine numbers… I think my actions with that were more then fair, don’t you? For your info – They still owe me an air flow meter, which I know I’ll never see.

And as for Mick trying to “bash” myself and my father up at jamboree.. What more do I need to say? Contact Gold coast police if you wish to see the threats we got over email including one stating my car “will be taken care of” If I don’t watch out.

As allready mentioned this guy has a pattern of being upset with workshops...they can`t all be wrong..

maybe nismo boy should start his own shop and show us all how its done

Jake32, Why would I open my own workshop, when I have no desire to compete with an already flooded market of shops. Nor have any back ground in performance parts or motor mechanics. Seems like a bad investment too me, I’ll stick to what I know and keep on making money.

I believe Josh had a problem with Gavin Wood as well.

Trouble is, there is always two sides to every story. Some people just have to realise that the company they are whinging about online may well have eyes watching  Some may choose to reply (84RBI), or not (various other staff members of workshops I *know* are reading this).

I'm sure this will be deleted (well trimmed) when the various moderators return from chilli :P

And once again krawler post’s his very useful opinion. I’m aware, or atleast have an idea of who reads web sites and forums.

I can't see why anything would be trimmed in this thread either. There have been no fake facts posted, no personal attacks ect.

Shutup Bitches...

Any one with any sense at all knows which workshops to go to in SEQ, and which workshops to stay clear of... If you don't, you have a few choices:

a) work on your car yourself...

B) ask around for recommendations...

c) take the trial and error approach...

There are people in this thread who have used each of these approaches succesfully... FWIW, more people than just Josh have had trouble with 2 certain workshops mentioned...

Also, Josh is quite within his rights to come in here and detail his experiences with a workshop, so long as it stays objective, and doesn't turn into a slagfest for that workshop...

Said workshop is quite within their rights to rebutt said experiences, SO LONG AS IT DOESN'T TURN INTO A PERSONAL ATTACK... By all means tell your side of the story ADD, but don't resort to petty mud slinging... It's weak and immature...