SAU Community

T3 Turbo on a RB25DET

|PRESA|

Does anybody have any knowledge on this issue?

Basically I am thinking about buying the turbo off a VLT ($500 - is that a good price?) High flowing it and throwing it on the Skyline.

Can anyone help me on whether this would be a cheap upgrade and if so is the VL Turbo a direct bolt-on to an RB25DET exhaust manifold and dump pipe?

I was told by high flowing the T3 turbo you could run up to 25psi safely with a decent front mount.. True or False?

Anyway it would be good if I could have peoples suggestions on here and any knowledge.. That would be really helpful.

Thanks All

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They sell kits.

Call up GCG , they will tell you. Then get yourself a PFC and your SET ( youll need a bigger fuel pump) P.M me for one :D

Do you know how much a it would set you back? I just emailed them GCG.

Is it 100% necessary to get a PFC, what about a SAFC? I'm still saving for a Greddy FMIC.

Do you know how much a it would set you back? I just emailed them GCG.

Is it 100% necessary to get a PFC, what about a SAFC? I'm still saving for a Greddy FMIC.

Get a PFC before you get a "greddy FMIC"

Dont waste your money on a " Greddy FMIC", and also dont even bother mentioning SAFC-(2).

Get the turbo hi flowed, then get your PFC and run 12-13psi, your standard intercooler will not overheat the turbo.

Get a FMIC from the forum for around 300$-400$ maximum, then get piping made up 350$.

This is a real budget setup and none of this " greddy fmic " , "safc" crap.

Get a PFC before you get a "greddy FMIC"

Dont waste your money on a " Greddy FMIC", and also dont even bother mentioning SAFC-(2).

Get the turbo hi flowed, then get your PFC and run 12-13psi, your standard intercooler will not overheat the turbo.

Get a FMIC from the forum for around 300$-400$ maximum, then get piping made up 350$.

This is a real budget setup and none of this " greddy fmic " , "safc" crap.

You kidding? Greddy cooler is crap?

doridori32 have you got anything to show that the GReddy coolers or the SAFC are 'crap?'

There's a lot of people on the forums who are using these with no problems..

(That being said, I'm using a PFC :D)

I also can't see how you could say that the cooler would definitively have a no better results against a cheaper intercooler, or vice-versa.

doridori32's right about just hi-flowing the R33 turbo. One of the easier ways to improve your power.

my advice - buy a blown turbo from an r33 then take it to get hi flowed, they dont actually high flow YOUR turbo, then have high flowed units sitting on the whelf ready to go, and you buy one of them ... then sell your working turbo on these forums, or ebay, whatever, and get some of the $ back

doing it this way saved me about 400 all up over the usual price

just my 2c

my advice - buy a blown turbo from an r33 then take it to get hi flowed, they dont actually high flow YOUR turbo, then have high flowed units sitting on the whelf ready to go, and you buy one of them ...  then sell your working turbo on these forums, or ebay, whatever, and get some of the $ back

doing it this way saved me about 400 all up over the usual price

just my 2c

what kind of power can you expect with the hi-flowed unit?

doridori32 have you got anything to show that the GReddy coolers or the SAFC are 'crap?'

There's a lot of people on the forums who are using these with no problems..  

(That being said, I'm using a PFC :))

I also can't see how you could say that the cooler would definitively have a no better results against a cheaper intercooler, or vice-versa.

doridori32's right about just hi-flowing the R33 turbo. One of the easier ways to improve your power.

Hey , your right they are good Intercoolers.. but do NOT forget.. do you know the purpose of an intercooler?

To cool air temperatures from the turbo to the inlet.

The standard intercooler will handle 12-13 psi on the GCG Turbo.

What im trying to say is, you DO NOT NEED TO RUN SUCH AN EXPENSIVE INTERCOOLER ON A STOCKISH SETUP WITH LOW BOOST!!!!

That is why, i am saying.. Get a Hiflow and a Power FC.. what more could you want ???

And if you dont want to run a bigger fuel pump.. then just jack up the voltage on the relay for the fuel pump to around 14v and youll be running 14psi without a worry on stock fuel pump with the hiflow.

Do not give a front mount first priority instead of a power FC.

Get the Intercooler once you start boosting past 1K boost.

These modifications are going to work best. Power FC + Hiflow is all you need. just make sure you raise the Fuel pump voltage to around 14v minimum.

Trust me, youll be happy with the results.

Much better results then a FMIC+SAFC+HIFLOW!....

FMIC is just cooling the turbo/engine.

The VL's ran 12psi with NO intercooler for 300,000KLMS!

:D

I was told hi-flowing a turbo from an R33 can be expensive, you have to replace the ceramic turbine wheel etc... is that true?

So GCG sell a hi-flow kit? Then you can just take it to any turbo place to get fitted?

yes to both your questions.The high flow can still be an expensive turbo when compared to other turbos but it's the bolt straight back into stock location with ease that appeals as well as the power output.

You dont need to weigh in the costs and installment hassel's of additional things like water and oil lines (not that expensive anyway) maybee a new afm pipe and also a dump pipe will need to be fabricated inc labour.

Me ive had no real world experience in a turbo swap but my time will come :(

Was quoted a few months ago $1750 for a new garret GT2535 in the T3 flange internal gated from hosepowerinabox.A high flow's cost after you sell your stockie turbo may be $1500.

I would go for the pfc,hi flow and get it tunned as a budget option.The tunning is arround $500 up depends.:)

Also ask GCG what their customers get modified when purchacing the turbo ie.wastegates sizes,actuators and housing mods etc.And WHY they do it.

When you get more cash get an intercooler

There is a guy on here selling intercoolers for $200 they are the hybrid copys $350 for cooler pipes $100 for silicon hoses,and you will have an intercooler that you will have to install yourself,for $650 what more can i say.There are peeps with over 250rwkw using them and they are rated with more capabilities than a gtr intercooler,and the gtr's are running 270rwkw maybee way more with the stockie cooler.

Dont run overly excessive boost figures without the intercooler for long periods of time though.The stock intercooler will not cool air efficiently or as long as an aftermarket on,making the engine more prone to detonation.

Your tuner will tell you about the do's and dont's when you speak to him.

:Bang:

I was told hi-flowing a turbo from an R33 can be expensive, you have to replace the ceramic turbine wheel etc... is that true?

So GCG sell a hi-flow kit? Then you can just take it to any turbo place to get fitted?

yes to both your questions.The high flow can still be an expensive turbo when compared to other turbos but it's the bolt straight back into stock location with ease that appeals as well as the power output.

You dont need to weigh in the costs and installment hassel's of additional things like water and oil lines (not that expensive anyway) maybee a new afm pipe and also a dump pipe will need to be fabricated inc labour.

Was quoted a few months ago $1750 for a new garret GT2535 in the T3 flange internal gated from hosepowerinabox.A high flow's cost after you sell your stockie turbo may be $1500.

I would go for the pfc,hi flow and get it tunned as a budget option.The tunning is arround $500 up depends.:)

Also ask GCG what their customers get modified when purchacing the turbo ie.wastegates sizes,actuators and housing mods etc.And WHY they do it.

There is a guy on here selling intercoolers for $200 they are the hybrid copys $350 for cooler pipes $100 for silicon hoses,and you will have an intercooler that you will have to install yourself,for $650 what more can i say.There are peeps with over 250rwkw using them and they are rated with more capabilities than a gtr intercooler,and the gtr's are running 270rwkw maybee way more with the stockie cooler.

Dont run overly excessive boost figures without the intercooler for long periods of time though.The stock intercooler will not cool air efficiently or as long as an aftermarket on,making the engine more prone to detonation.

You dont need to weigh in the costs and installment hassel's of additional things like water and oil lines (not that expensive anyway) maybee a new afm pipe and also a dump pipe will need to be fabricated inc labour like yoou do for an aftermarket turbo.