SAU Community

R33 Turbo

black_tx5

I purchased some sort of nissan turbo last year for my TX5, and am not entirely sure what it is... It has 45V4 on the comp housing, six single compressor blades, a nut on the compressor side that is about 1.5 cm long (its a big nut compared to my old ihi one).

From what I have gathered on this site it is a series 1 turbo, but im unsure whether it has a ceramic wheel. I plan to run 17psi with this turbo, is it possible? Also I am aiming for 175-185kw atw in a 2.2L sohc engine. I have a fully rebuilt engine, extensive head work, large fmic, microtech, 550cc injectors and a few other goodies. Does this turbo seem up to the task?

Thanks in advance,

Nick.

In regards to the turbine wheel delaminating from the shaft, i thought this was a result of excessive heat, not shaft rpm. I have a 2.5inch o2 housing, meaning less heat/backpressure. also, i was thinking of richening up the mixtures slightly to provide lower egt's. i would have thought 17psi was a safe amount of boost to run. 14psi just seems to low. Oh yeh, the car will be running 7 psi for day to day driving. this higher boost level would be for the drag strip only.

45v4 is DEFFO from a series 2 r33 gtst and is (aparently) the most up to date turbo available on the r33's or so i'm told ..

be careful about running 18 psi - even if it is just for the drag, a number of people have lost their exhaust wheels into the cat just turning it up a little for the one off drag ...

you dont need LOTS of boost of decent power anyway, i'm only running 13psi and get 240rwkw