SAU Community

cheap mods

Guest Boxhead

Guest Boxhead

im just curious, but having an non turbo car, and not looking to turbo it, im wanting some ideas on how i can make it better, as in, better performance, and last longer etc.. i would like to know the cheapest way i can get the car going nicely, and looking good.. all those little things you can do to make your car better

Cheapest option is a good cold air feed and good filter not necessarily a pod either!! Then a good exhaust system, proper tuned length extracters to if you can afford them. Then id say a computer, then cams and head work then individual throttle body injection, then crack the motor start reworking things, stoked bored, cross drilled crank, knife edging the list goes on.... Too look good just put on some nice biggest you can get wheels and lower it that should do any car some justice

Originally posted by s13drifter

Cheapest option is a good cold air feed and good filter not necessarily a pod either!

keep in mind a pod is illegal. if you are going to do it make sure you partition it off from hot engine gases. a cheap industrial type insulant can be bought for $5 and if you do a good job of it it can give you a kw per $ return.

check this out. once bonnet is closed, it creates the desired boxed effect. do not forget to provide air feed.

ONARUN where do u cold feed from if your running stock intercooler? I have seen a few such as whatisname's cold air feed using the whole from the factory intercooler piping which looks very effective. so what do you do for factory i/c

Originally posted by JiMb0

Got the pic handy Porgie ?

umm, this is an old one and you can hardly make it out but its next to the intercooler pipe on the front left. will take a better one tomorrow of that and the brake ducts too.