SAU Community

oh what have i done...

negitive

I can never understand why people do this!

If the engine bay looks dirty then use a rag and clean it by hand!  

water and electrical connections do not mix!!!!!!!!!

I live on a dirt road. Cleaning with a rag isn't an option.

Besides, other reasons could be oil leaks etc. May have to degrease to find where the oil is really coming from.

There are many reasons to do it. Just gotta do it right so not to harm anything.

High pressure however is a HUGE no-no near engines IMO. If I can get 3 inch of clay of a dirt bike engine that has baked on there, with not more than garden house pressure, I can't see the need for a high pressure hose on a car engine!

thx heaps for the feedback guyz,

yeh im definately not doing that again.

anywayz so ive disconneted all the terminals and ive let them sit

will that be enough to solve the problem?

btw where is the coil pack? and yes i do have a pod but being the dikwad i am i didnt cover it, how do i fix it?

dude, if u have wet the pod filter. STOP running the car...you want to get all the water out of everywhere first. It seems you have been running it a fair bit, so with a bit of luck it is just the coil packs.

My advice would be to not start the car until you have checked out the things mentioned above.

Do a search on coil pack servicing

Pod filter - I'd disconect it, sit in the sun until it is TOTALLY dry. See if water has gone up the pipe between the pod and the engine, if it has, might pay to remove the pipe, make sure it's all gone.

If you have water in the engine it is a VERY bad idea to be turning it over.

I am used to drowning dirt bikes, but not cars, I would assume it's the same idea, any place that water may have got, check it out, clean it out, dry it out.

On bikes after all that, you take the plugs out and turn it upside down and turn the engine over to get it all out....but I am guessing you don't do that with cars! hahaha (how funny would that be tho..*mental image*)

i know what your saying ? i say there is water traped under your coil packs as ive had the same thing happen to me i just pulled all my plugs out clean the packs with CRC and plugs put all back and done problem fixed ? and while your plugs are out turn your motor over blow any water or moist out of the bores if u have any good luck with things

We used to jet wash engine bays in one of my detailing jobs. Cover the fuse box (if under in the engine bay) and the alarm siren box. Quick flick over with a truck wash canister, then three times accross the bay with the jet wash to form not much more than a mist.

We always left the engines running as it would be hopeless trying to start it if something got wet.

Any idea of quantity of water or time spent purely on the engine bay with the jet wash? Seconds or minutes?

Hope it sorts itself out mate

I would get a high pressure airline and pull all of your electrical connectors apart and blast all the moisture out then spray with WD40 or similar product. Pull the coil packs out and do the same to them. dry your fully sick pod filter and put that back on.... You cant have done much in the way of damage. If the car sounds like it is missing its most likely because there is water in the coil packs and its shorting out... Just be carefull next time you wash...

P.S unless you had the hose on the air filter the engine wouldnt suck in enough water to hydrolic lock the engine so dont worry about that dude.

dry her out and then take it for a good run to get everything hot and the remaining water will evaporate and you be sucking the doors of HSV's and WRX's before you know it..

ENJOY!

• 2 months later...