SAU Community

Boost increase

shyr33

gday guyz been doin a lil reading on this site and read about cutting the black wire that connects to your boost solenoid which keeps boost to 4-5psi till about 4500rpm and then to 7psi after, well me and my mate tried this just grounding the wire to ground and i could see a dramatic increase when boost kicks in. If i hit the gas deres 7psi straight away. i was just wondering if anyone else has done this and if so wat dere expeirences are? in particular if anyone has had any problems with doing this? thanx :(

Did this today on an R33 gts25 auto, excellent results. Did the polarity test as suggested by others, the black wire was the earth. Don't know exactly what the increase is but it feels really fast now. I'll take it easy for a few days to get used to it, but I figure the engine + gaskets should hold. I'll let you know how it goes!

no probs with it. I did it 3 months ago. with 3" dump/front pipe the boost has come on lower again. In the higher gears full boost is from about 2000rpm, wheareas before 2500rpm. in 1st and 2nd before 3000rpm. WIth standard dump it was about 3.5k.

Batmbl sells them on forums for 250...

i had this mod on my s2 r33 for about 8 months maybe more (i wrote on the howto)

it was fine, nothing but good results from a free mod

have since removed it because have gone to hks evc