SAU Community

Faq: Apexi Powerfc - Frequently Asked Questions

paulr33

hi,

there is no official english manual. that link pointed to a english version for the integra so some of the features were irrelevant

ive managed to source english manuals for the fc pro software which covers all the main controls in the powerfc so there will be a big update to the power fc faq coming soon with all the legit english instructions

Great work mate, look forward to it.

cheers,

noob question, i got a stockie r33 gtst at the moment, and intened to get a 3" turbo back, fmic, and an ebc in the next few months. I dont intend to go furhter than that for quite some time ... is a PFC really required to retune my car to these not so huge mods or would a safc do the job?

noob question, i got a stockie r33 gtst at the moment, and intened to get a 3" turbo back, fmic, and an ebc in the next few months. I dont intend to go furhter than that for quite some time ... is a PFC really required to retune my car to these not so huge mods or would a safc do the job?

more benefit getting a PCF, lotsssssss

are those benefits quantifiable? As in really noticeable with the PFC just with those mods listed above as compared to with a SAFC? Noob q again :)

You may be able to get by with a SAFC, but in all honesty you're probably better off to save your money and wait to buy a Power FC when you can afford one. With those mods listed you should be able to get close to 200 rwkw with a Power FC, but would struggle to get those numbers with a SAFC, because you cannot adjust the timing. Later down the track when you want to put a larger turbo or injectors in, the Power FC will cope easily - where as, you'd have to chuck the SAFC in the bin.

I find having the hand controller is an invaluable tool also, as it will display peak values on Engine knock, RPM, injector duty, water temp, etc. So at any time you can have a quick glance to make sure the engine in operating within limits.

I realise a Power FC is $1000 more, however the extra tuneability/features are well worth it.

You may be able to get by with a SAFC, but in all honesty you're probably better off to save your money and wait to buy a Power FC when you can afford one. With those mods listed you should be able to get close to 200 rwkw with a Power FC, but would struggle to get those numbers with a SAFC, because you cannot adjust the timing. Later down the track when you want to put a larger turbo or injectors in, the Power FC will cope easily - where as, you'd have to chuck the SAFC in the bin.

I find having the hand controller is an invaluable tool also, as it will display peak values on Engine knock, RPM, injector duty, water temp, etc. So at any time you can have a quick glance to make sure the engine in operating within limits.

I realise a Power FC is $1000 more, however the extra tuneability/features are well worth it.

Thanks for that mate. Sounds like its well worth the wait for a PowerFC then. Cheers.

Hi,

Is there some way to lock in a rpm limit, for when a car is at the exhaust shop, or something like that?

cheers.

Yep, think its under settings>rev/idle

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having the hardest time matching up a handcontroller to an AP Engeenering pwr fc, the pwr fc is for a RB20det (R32) and the model is simply 99i 0029

the handcontroller that is avalible to me is model no FCC3 026 - 12009 any oen help a bloke out? totally stumped with the AP Engeneering model, . the hand controller is up for sale so i need to be quick, cheers Damo

Anybody has tried using RB20 AFMs for RB26?

yes several people have, nismo ones are easier are direct swap with 65mm kit

How do I set the RB20 AFM setting in PowerFC?

its the same as rb25, you choose RB25-80mm in the menu

Are there any difference in the setting with using RB25 AFMS?

Any advice is appreciated. THanks.

rb20 is the same as rb25

yes several people have, nismo ones are easier are direct swap with 65mm kit

its the same as rb25, you choose RB25-80mm in the menu

rb20 is the same as rb25

Thanks for the quick reply Paul.

Just got my PowerFC and still not familiar with all the features.

just needing to confirm that a 415-X001 pfc hand controller will work iwth an ecr33 rb25 pfc yeah?

the faq tells you how to work out which model to get

the faq main site is down dont know how long for you can view the pdf mirror in my signature

you need to find out if its ECR33 PFC or RB25 PFC

the serial # on the side of the case will tell

then from that you can work out what hand controller you need

from memory RB25 is the older one and needs N001

and ECR33 is the newer one and it needs X001

updated

fixed injector correction wording (the numbers & calcs were correct but wording was wrong)

added apexi documentation extracts (they are in blue backgrounds in the doc)

added apexi documentation extracts for boost control notes

added apexi documentation extracts for injector correction notes

added apexi documentation extracts for airflow meter change notes