SAU Community

Faq: Apexi Powerfc - Frequently Asked Questions

paulr33

Hi Paul,

Absolutely awesome FAQ!

Just a quick one, have an ECR33 PFC, does anyone know what the "VTC" stands for in the Sensor check? At first I thought it was a miss type of VCT, but now i don't think it is.

I'm running a PFC on my 95 ECR33 series 1 so no A-LSD issue. I took my car to the dyno today and could not correct a a/f issue so I did 6 runs and all sucked hard core. Anyone have good info they can pass to me on how to richen up my fuel or even better does anyone have any maps I can use for cross reference? I have basic mods on my car, large FMIC, intake pipes and filter, down pipe, hks actuator, stock turbo and boost with power fc, 3" exhaust, bov.

All I'm really looking to get is a good picture of what my fuel and timing maps should look like along with where my timing advance and fuel cor needs to be at. I've been doing trial and error but all that seemed to get me was running extremely lean and shit numbers on the dyno.

Any help

I'm running a PFC on my 95 ECR33 series 1 so no A-LSD issue. I took my car to the dyno today and could not correct a a/f issue so I did 6 runs and all sucked hard core. Anyone have good info they can pass to me on how to richen up my fuel or even better does anyone have any maps I can use for cross reference? I have basic mods on my car, large FMIC, intake pipes and filter, down pipe, hks actuator, stock turbo and boost with power fc, 3" exhaust, bov.

All I'm really looking to get is a good picture of what my fuel and timing maps should look like along with where my timing advance and fuel cor needs to be at. I've been doing trial and error but all that seemed to get me was running extremely lean and shit numbers on the dyno.

Any help

hi vandrel,

why dont you get just go and get it tuned properly - then you wont need to guess and trial and error

pay a local tuner a good $500 and have it done properly. lastly read the PFC FAQ under tuning and advanced operation

it covers AFR tuning and IGN timing tuninig as well using the hand controller on the powerfc

added rb20 injectors

fixed 'what are all the menu items' roadmap - just fixed up some text

updated How much does the unit cost?

big clean up of "What other optional parts are available for the PowerFC?"

updated "Is the PowerFC Pro Discontinued?"

updated "What's the Apexi D1 Limited Edition Hand Controller?"

updated "I have the older PowerFC that did not come with a hand controller can I buy a new hand controller separate and use that?"

updated "Does the PowerFC run the whole car or do I need controllers for... (Aircon, Lights, ABS etc...)"

updated "Does the PowerFC have limits?"

hi vandrel,

why dont you get just go and get it tuned properly - then you wont need to guess and trial and error

pay a local tuner a good $500 and have it done properly. lastly read the PFC FAQ under tuning and advanced operation

it covers AFR tuning and IGN timing tuninig as well using the hand controller on the powerfc

i would love to drop it at a local shop and have it tuned but no one locally near me knowns what a power fc is let alone how to tune it. i'm not even sure if there's anything within a reasonable drive from where i am that could tune a power fc

updated "where can i get my powerfc tuned"

updated "how do i install the djetro map sensor kit"

added "advanced datalogit tuning - a how to guide?" - this is excellent

hey mate,

Just wondering with rb20det running a rb26 computer, have you ever had troubles with the knock sensor?? I have rang nissan and a rb20 and rb26 knock sensor are differnt, but they cant tell me whether they are phsyically different or diferent insides? My car is knocking real bad, but its real random, does it sometimes but not others.. i can hold it on limiter and knock to 20, then other times i will rev to 5k and it will knock 70??

any ideas.

Im thinking of using both a Haltech E11v2 and a PFC.

Plan is to keep the PFC for the monitoring of all the sensors (knock,temps ect) with the handcontroller and use the Haltech for the performance side of things.Also enable me to run with no AFM.

I could buy the Haltech dash but at a cost of $1800 its alot of coin plus it does not monitor knock.

I think with this setup im getting the best out of both ECUs.My tuner says he can wire it up no probs.

What do you think?

hey mate,

Just wondering with rb20det running a rb26 computer, have you ever had troubles with the knock sensor?? I have rang nissan and a rb20 and rb26 knock sensor are differnt, but they cant tell me whether they are phsyically different or diferent insides? My car is knocking real bad, but its real random, does it sometimes but not others.. i can hold it on limiter and knock to 20, then other times i will rev to 5k and it will knock 70??

any ideas.

hi,

you should chat with Cubes about this, he has working RB26 PFC on the RB20 and has noticed some difference with the knock sensors

send him a pm and hopefully he can clear it up

Im thinking of using both a Haltech E11v2 and a PFC.

Plan is to keep the PFC for the monitoring of all the sensors (knock,temps ect) with the handcontroller and use the Haltech for the performance side of things.Also enable me to run with no AFM.

I could buy the Haltech dash but at a cost of $1800 its alot of coin plus it does not monitor knock.

I think with this setup im getting the best out of both ECUs.My tuner says he can wire it up no probs.

What do you think?

hi,

do you have money to burn? it sounds like it

you would be mad to run two ecu's at once, what on earth for? to achieve what?

just to get rid of the afm? do you understand all of the differences between afm and map ?

hi,

do you have money to burn? it sounds like it

you would be mad to run two ecu's at once, what on earth for? to achieve what?

just to get rid of the afm? do you understand all of the differences between afm and map ?

I believe i stated why in my first post.

The aim is to use the PFC for monitoring everything and use the Haltech to control the performance side of things.

I have both ECUs(PFC in the car ATM).

again - why would you want two ecu's to perform one job?

why not sell the haltech? or sell the PFC?

both ECU's are capable of running the car and making everything work - the PFC is probably better at it

Hey paul,

EDIT: missed that bit in the guide. think i have the wrong model hand controller.

I have a powerfc serial number: ECR33 010 - 1452

And hand controller number : FCC3 020 - 11909 (I dont have a rotary hand controller do I?)

I couldnt find any numbers similar to 415 - X001 etc and your link to nengun isnt valid anymore (nengun seem to have removed all apexi gear)

Thanks for any help,

Bill

Just tried an install of a PowerFC on my R32 GTR, followed the idle learn process, but I get a real lumpy sounding idle from the start and doesn't get any better, revs don't hunt, and when i attempt to take off in 1st gear, car shudders and goes to stall making it undrivable.

Initially i thought it was caused by incorrectly following the idle learn process, but I've tried reseting the PowerFC to defaults and re-learning the idle process 3 times without success.

-I don't have any sensors highlighted in Black on the hand controller.

-I have set the PowerFC to not use the Boost Controller Kit

-Set BNR32 AFMs

Car starts and idles, just doesnt idle smoothly

Once I plug in the factory ECU, car idles and runs perfect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :blush:

I have a powerfc serial number: ECR33 010 - 1452

And hand controller number : FCC3 020 - 11909 (I dont have a rotary hand controller do I?)

thats the correct PFC and hand controller for your car

FCC3 is generic multi version hand controller - it will work fine on ECR33 PFC