SAU Community

Faq: Apexi Powerfc - Frequently Asked Questions

paulr33

when you say off the scale, do you mean it drops to load axis 20 on "map watch"?

if so, then yes you can rescale the load axis to move it around a bit

but remember a 3 bar map sensor is only 2 bar positive pressure

map sensors are listed as 3 bar or 2 bar or 4 bar etc but this includes 1 bar of vacuum or negative pressure (aka vacuum)

so if you have a 3 bar map sensor it will only read to 2bar boost

when you say off the scale, do you mean it drops to load axis 20 on "map watch"?

if so, then yes you can rescale the load axis to move it around a bit

but remember a 3 bar map sensor is only 2 bar positive pressure

map sensors are listed as 3 bar or 2 bar or 4 bar etc but this includes 1 bar of vacuum or negative pressure (aka vacuum)

so if you have a 3 bar map sensor it will only read to 2bar boost

Yeh it Goes to load axis 20 and you cant see anymore whats happening...

Ok i will try find 4 bar map sensors.. :bunny: if that is my problem,

But when you say rescale the load axis points is this done via the software? And how would i do this? and once this is done am i able to run my 30pounds and be able to see the load points?

Tony thanks for your reply

yeah so reuse datalogit to rescale the map sensor load points

its covered in the PFC FAQ how to do it

and if you change to a 4 bar map sensor thats also covered in the PFC FAQ how to install and set it up

you need to use a new offset and PIM values when you change the map sensor (its in the FAQ)

Any other recommendations for a unstable and sometimes high idle (1000rpm)

I have leaned the idle right out and it definately helps when rolling to the lights as before it used to rev up and down. Now at idle, sometimes its fine at 700rpm but generally its around 900/1000rpm and sometimes back to 700rpm, but the majority of the time its high, seems to have a mind of its own.

Any recommendations as i dont want to reset it.

Finally fixed it. I switched the o2 sensor off and bingo, idles like a baby. Just ordered a new o2 sensor, hopefully it does the trick

please pardon my ignorance, but i have been dealing with an issue with my car and came here for a possible solution to my problem. ok the car is a 95 S14 with an RB25DET NEO out of an R34. the following mods have been performed. greddy plenum, Q45 90mm T/B, 650cc injectors, T67 turbo,greddy 50mm racegate, turbular manifold..the unit has been tuned and car runs fine until i let my foot off the gas. even while cruising and not in boost, if i let off the gas she will stall. i can catch it with my foot by hitting the gas pedal but if i dont modulate the gas it will still try to stall out on me. is there a correction for this that i am not aware of. i know there is a datalogit software i can get which my car was tuned with here in the states but the tuner had little luck with solving this concern.perhaps its not something he is ccomfortable doing, i dunno. but he had no problem with taking my money to tune my car for a wide open tune which works great....would the datalogit software have the ability to tune the decell which could be my issue.

thanks in advance

Mark

note: if i posted this in a improper location my sincerest apologies

Edited by S14MARKSR

please pardon my ignorance, but i have been dealing with an issue with my car and came here for a possible solution to my problem. ok the car is a 95 S14 with an RB25DET NEO out of an R34. the following mods have been performed. greddy plenum, Q45 90mm T/B, 650cc injectors, T67 turbo,greddy 50mm racegate, turbular manifold..the unit has been tuned and car runs fine until i let my foot off the gas. even while cruising and not in boost, if i let off the gas she will stall. i can catch it with my foot by hitting the gas pedal but if i dont modulate the gas it will still try to stall out on me. is there a correction for this that i am not aware of. i know there is a datalogit software i can get which my car was tuned with here in the states but the tuner had little luck with solving this concern.perhaps its not something he is ccomfortable doing, i dunno. but he had no problem with taking my money to tune my car for a wide open tune which works great....would the datalogit software have the ability to tune the decell which could be my issue.

thanks in advance

Mark

note: if i posted this in a improper location my sincerest apologies

this is usually caused by modifying the intake piping

how is the afm setup and what piping setup do you have to the compressor snout?

when you replace the standard rubber item its a common problem as the rubber std item has fins to basically disrupt the airflow

when you replace it with say steel piping or some form of ducting when you come off the throttle the afm signal gets busted up

so i would first check your afm piping and if you can try running with the afm open mouthed, see if that affects the problem

that is - undo any ducting pipe work to the AFM

this is usually caused by modifying the intake piping

how is the afm setup and what piping setup do you have to the compressor snout?

when you replace the standard rubber item its a common problem as the rubber std item has fins to basically disrupt the airflow

when you replace it with say steel piping or some form of ducting when you come off the throttle the afm signal gets busted up

so i would first check your afm piping and if you can try running with the afm open mouthed, see if that affects the problem

that is - undo any ducting pipe work to the AFM

this is what i am currently using on my car

100_0257.jpg

this is what i am currently using on my car

100_0257.jpg

well as it turns out i wanted to try to add a litle length to the intake like you auggested and to my amazement that did the trick. you sir are one baddass mofo and i thank you so very much for that tasty bit of knowledge. i only hope i dont have to get the car retuned because of it. i did notice a signifigant difference in my wideband readings which are now richer...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yeah there are an old generation and new generation - to date we have no known list of differences or what has been changed.

we do know some of the original old old generation use a slow data protocol so when you use it with datalogit it takes ages to make a big change

it still works the same, just the data communication protocol is different, so big updates are slow

that being said i believe you can work out which "generation" you have from the product code (on the side of the metal case)

older generation were ENGINE code specific

ie: RB26, RB25 etc etc in the product code so like - RB25-003204-4536

newer generation were changed to be the CAR code specific

ie: GTR33L-49039-59440 (the L signifies L Jetro, AFM version)

so GTR 33 djetro looks like;

GTR33D-43905-099529 etc etc (the car model forms the part no#, not the engine code)

the same logic applies with the hand controller vesions

FCC1 and FCC NT are the older style hand controller and must mate to a ENGINE code style PowerFC

that is - if you have FCC1 or FCC NT (sold as PFC hand controller N001 or T001 etc) it will only work on say RB26-3493429-93492 it will NOT work on GTR33-490394-5922

the hand controller will boot and panic at the apexi logo and freeze

i believe this is due to the protocol exchanging a checksum packet to make sure its a valid device

and the newer style use a different byte response, so it fails the checksum and panics at the apexi logo

there is no harm done by it, you just can't use the hand controller

if you have FCC3 (which is sold as hand controller X001) it will only work with CAR style product codes

ie: FCC3 and GTR33-49403-324923 will work

• 2 weeks later...

hi paul,

i'm having trouble using the stock ecu's brackets to install my power fc. how do i install the power fc ? do i drill holes in the power fc so i can still use the stock ecu's brackets or is there another solution ? the car is a r34 gtr by the way .

thanks in advance for your help

mike

Edited by wanted r34gtr

hi paul,

i'm having trouble using the stock ecu's brackets to install my power fc. how do i install the power fc ? do i drill holes in the power fc so i can still use the stock ecu's brackets or is there another solution ? the car is a r34 gtr by the way .

thanks in advance for your help

mike

just use some electrical tape or try and mate it up

or even use cable ties. once the bracket is bolted back in place the ecu cant go anywhere

it will be fine, just as long as the blue loom is securely fastened into the ECU and the ecu is firmly tight in its place

you wont have any issues. i used a few cable ties on mine, but you can use eletrical tape etc as well

hey Paul, nice write up on the PFC..

I was just reading through it, and I couldnt really find out how to set the REV RPM limiter?

I noticed a write up on the PFC Pro - Launch Control, but wasnt too sure if this was the actual REV RPM limiter write up?

Do i just need to go into SETTINGS, REV LIMIT and change the Rev. Limit setting to my desired setting? or is there more to it?

Thanks.

Also I couldnt find anything regarding high/low impedence injectors in the FAQ..

I am in the market to purchase a set of 500cc or + injectors for my R33 GTST, but I read on a website that the PFC does not support Low impedence injectors?

Also, would I need to go and get a re-tune done if i were to install a set of injectors or would the PFC self learn?

Cheers.