SAU Community

Faq: Apexi Powerfc - Frequently Asked Questions

paulr33

very quick question

got mt PFC installed into my R34, ever since then my engine light wont go off the dash :) asked the tuner he said it's running fine etc and has no idea why it wont go away, he said the only time it goes away is when he loads a fresh map onto it but then comes back straight away ?

It's a default setting on the PFC, I think it's to do with the PFC boost controller. You need to go in to the hand controller and turn it off. If you where here I could do it for you, can't remember it off the top of my head. :)

Edited by Wogboy

its under settings then sensors the display for on and off in japanese so make it different to the knock setting obviously it might be on atm so just toggle to the other jap character

It's a default setting on the PFC, I think it's to do with the PFC boost controller. You need to go in to the hand controller and turn it off. If you where here I could do it for you, can't remember it off the top of my head. :)

well it's getting the turbo etc done this week will have a look then :) if not I might pop in one day when im down your way for tafe ?

One thing I am curious about, is whether the PFC has 6 ignition drivers and 6 injector drivers.. or does it run semi sequential? Noticed the VIPEC plug-in board is only 4 drivers and can't find any literature anywhere about the PFC (although one would hope Apexi gave us the full 6).

One thing I am curious about, is whether the PFC has 6 ignition drivers and 6 injector drivers.. or does it run semi sequential? Noticed the VIPEC plug-in board is only 4 drivers and can't find any literature anywhere about the PFC (although one would hope Apexi gave us the full 6).

You will probably find that it is batch injection, i know many ecu's have sequential but from my research when i was looking at getting one years ago the did sequential not many tuners would tune sequential, only batch.

its under settings then sensors the display for on and off in japanese so make it different to the knock setting obviously it might be on atm so just toggle to the other jap character

That's it, like he said /\ /\ /\ :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Like ian_and1' s engine light being on from key on to key off. After mine has been installed i get TCS, SLIP and tne engine light solid on. and to boot the a/c doesnt turn on. Any ideas? I've reset the data and completed the 30min idle process checked nd double checked the Boost control kit. Any ideas?

Cheers

is it in an R34 skyline or stagea?

look at SENSOR SW CHECK, what do you see? any sensor names black highlighted? if so, what ones and what values are they

Hi mate,

Its a ER34, the only sensor that "failing" (backlit) is THR (throttle) value is 0.00. Bosot control kit is disabled and its the standard MAP, just completed the idle process.

Cheers

i like how you say "only"

if TPS isnt working, its a pretty crucial sensor

did the car run OK with the std ecu in? ie did it have the engine check light on with the std ecu?

i cant see why the PFC is pissed off, it cant read the TPS sensor, throttle body sensor

no idea why its not working - the sensor is either shagged or the wiring is mangled or something else is wrong

do you know of any other ER34 PFC users - do they have the same issue?

hmm is THR same as TPS - logic says so, youll probably find the SLIP system expects the TPS signal from the ECU

much like Active LSD does, the PFC wont know/expect this and wont relay the TPS signal to the other computer

so it fails, well at least in my case, thats what was happening

you are best finding another ER34 PFC user and ask what they did at install time

i think Dan666 has used ER34 PFC - ask him

I'm pretty sure that THR relates to a map sensor that only the ER34 has, sounds like yours has failed. This is the same reason we have trouble running the 34 pfc on a stagea because they don't have the sensor at all. If you have a look around the stagea section you can find the exact pin and voltage, its around 4.1v from memory that should be returned at idle.

I'm pretty sure that THR relates to a map sensor that only the ER34 has, sounds like yours has failed. This is the same reason we have trouble running the 34 pfc on a stagea because they don't have the sensor at all. If you have a look around the stagea section you can find the exact pin and voltage, its around 4.1v from memory that should be returned at idle.

Hi duncan thanks for the advice. Had a read through a few posts on the stags and theres alot of useful information there. Though I guess theres no real way to diagnose it until i have a known good TPS i can test out..

Any ideas why the A/c turns on but the compressor doesnt? also a/c turns on an off with the console switch in the sensor check on the PFC.

Cheers :D

updated - (first time in over a year)

added;

How can I translate/check my serial number - What does each part mean?

USB Inline serial port debugger?

updated

corrected - What is the "Power FC Pro" and do I need it?

updated - What does the PowerFC look like inside?

added - What does the "FC Pro" sticker mean? Why is it there?

Mythbusters ahoy!

FC Pro sticker means sweet f**k all

it does NOT mean its an FC Pro unit

Hey peeps, I have a problem with my pfc. I have a 33GTR and had the injectors cleaned recently. Before that, not a problem but since, the car wont start cleanly without accelerator input when warm. When cold it started ok for a week or so. But now its the same warm or cold. When cranking the inj duty is between 0 and 3. Not enough to fire it up. Now none of the settings have changed. I have done an init of the pfc and reloaded the tune and made no difference. Once I get it started then no problem at all. It runs spot on. The sensor sw screen shows nothing wrong. I plug the std ecu in and it starts straight away. Any idea's?