SAU Community

Faq: Apexi Powerfc - Frequently Asked Questions

paulr33

well you can adjust the idle rpm by going to setting, eng rev

ignoring the map tracer does, is there anything wrong it does it sound like its idling too high or is pegging at a higher RPM for a period then returning to normal

• 2 weeks later...
pegging at a higher RPM for a period then returning to normal

yeah it's doing that. nothing seems wrong as such, it's as though you stab the throttle a tiny bit after clutching in.. just takes a few more seconds to return to idle.

i guess i'll just deal with it, or let the tuners try to sort it out, it's not such a big deal

Hey how are ya Paul, i've had my PFC in my ECR33 series 2 for about 1yr and a half and i've noticed for a while now my car has wierd IDLE's like sometimes it will stall and it will IDLE hunt really badly, like when im in 2nd gear i put in my clutch the car feels like its going to stall but then it comes back up again. cheers bro

• 4 weeks later...

hey dude not sure if anyone could help me but i need a power FC for an r32 skyline GTST, its my drift car and i really want some more power so thought that would b the best option. It doesnt matter if hand controller is not included

Please help as i have looked everywhere

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

I hv been doing my own tuning (on the road) with wideband & datalogit for the past 1 year. Running a T04E turbo which is quite laggy and will come on full boost at 4.5k rpm. Just wondering to bring up the boost faster whether it would be better to reduce timing on the low load and making it leaner on fueling or should it be another way round.

Anybody willing to share map with this kind of setup?

dial in as much IGN timing as you can handle without detonation

the more timing you can run, the more efficient the engine is, the quicker it will ramp on boost

really concentrate on the ramping area - do a map tracer / knock map and find the cells that dont knock enough and advance the timing there

Hi Paul,

You mentioned that the Power FC will emulate all other auxillary functions of the car such as aircon, ABS etc, does the Power FC also operates the airbag system? I presume that it does. If so, then can the Power FC pick up any malfunction on the airbags?

The airbag light flashing was triggered when I disconnected airbag module to re-align the steering wheel. My situation is that my airbag light keeps on flashing on the dash even after everything was plugged back in place properly. I cannot reset it using the well known method of activating the drivers door jam switch 5 times within 7 seconds of turning key to on position, as I suspect this does not work on the Power FC; and I was told that the Nissan consult cannot communicate with the Power FC for diagnostic purposes.

If the Power FC picked up the airbag fault in the first place, wouldn't by reconnecting the airbag module rectify the fault? Or does the Power FC retain memory of the fault until it is erased?

So, what is the solution to stop airbag light flashing:

1, Re-set Power FC and reload tune. Does the Power FC memorize airbag malfunction?

2, Replace Power FC with stock ECU and run diagnostic with nissan consult to make sure everything is OK

3, cut wiring to airbag light on dash; and risk driving with faulty airbags?

Please help as the light is driving me insane!!!!

Thank you

Cheers

Matt

the PFC doesnt touch or run the airbag, its a seperate stand-alone system

there is a way to run and clear the airbad diag, search on the forum by ylwgtr2 or goolge it

its a way via the opening and closing the door a number of times and then turning the car on

BNR34 airbag diagnostic clear procedure;

try this- have your drivers door open, turn the key on to ignition and within 5 seconds press the door light switch 7 times.

this will reset it.

Ok, I read over the entire FAQ, and unfortunately my question wasn't answered. I'm looking at a used R32/R33 GT-R Power FC and I can't tell if it's L-Jetro or D-Jetro.

The serial number is:

PFC GTR33 000-0062

On some others I see either L or D after the "GTR33" but this has nothing.

Can someone please help me to figure out what it is?

hi jason

the newer model includes L or D in the model # as part of the build #'s

the original first batch dont include L or D in the model string so you can't tell

the only sure way will be to plug it in and view ETC, VERSION

there is no loom difference between djetro and ljetro PFC so you won't be able to physically tell the difference

Hi Paul,

I've just attached a GM map sensor to my L-Jetro R34 GTR PFC and have discovered that there is no place to enter the new map sensor calibrations for the scale and offset.

Is this a limitation of the R34 GTR PFC, or just an option that hasnt appeared yet in the datalogit software?

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Ian

you cant run djetro on ljetro PowerFC

the ljetro PFC only works with airflow meters and nothing more

an optional map sensor is available to be connected up as part of the boost control kit

the djetro PFC only works with map sensors and nothing more

you need to sell your PFC ljetro kit and AFMs and anything else

then purchase the djetro PFC to suit BNR34 along with the djetro harness and a pair of map sensors (you must have two)

I wasnt trying to make the ecu tunable by MAP sensor, I was just after logging and perhaps boost control on an L-jetro but using an after market map sensor.

I ended up solving the problem with the calibration of the GM map sensor by coming up with a circuit to fudge the sensor output voltage to make it compatible with the FC. I did a post up on it in the forced induction performance section. I just realised it should have probably been posted here in Modifications/FAQ.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Ad...Po-t313168.html