SAU Community

Faq: Apexi Powerfc - Frequently Asked Questions

paulr33

when im loading up the car in 2nd/3rd/4th sometimes the exhaust temp light flashes. so i stop accelerating, now when i press up on my hand controller to bring up "highest" rating during acceleration it shows little knock, like 20-30.

should i ignore the exhaust temp light?

when im loading up the car in 2nd/3rd/4th sometimes the exhaust temp light flashes. so i stop accelerating, now when i press up on my hand controller to bring up "highest" rating during acceleration it shows little knock, like 20-30.

should i ignore the exhaust temp light?

there are 3 things that will cause the exhaust temp light to come on for R32

its covered in the PFC FAQ, its the same as the engine check light

the FAQ is down as the vhost is broken but when it comes back up, youll find what you need in there

Cheers for the FAQ mate.

Have an issue with my PFC on my r32gtr.

Its working fine in every aspect but it has ceased to display my speed. Any idea as to what could be causing this or where it gets it signal from. Have hooked up a mates hand controller but still no speed reading. Bloody frustrating as rely on it at trackdays for info as am usually concentrating too hard to read the speedo. LOL

Be great if someone could solve this for me.

Cheers

does the std cluster speed guage work?

i believe the FC signal and the guage cluster one come from the same source

or it coudl be a case the ECU gets the signal from the cluster

trace the wire to find it ?

R32 GTR gets the speed signal from the instrument cluster for sure. I broke the speedo cable and lost the speed signal. If I spin the input at the back if the speedo I can see the speed on the hand controller.

Edited by Waza_GTR

R32 GTR gets the speed signal from the instrument cluster for sure. I broke the speedo cable and lost the speed signal. If I spin the input at the back if the speedo I can see the speed on the hand controller.

Yes i have changed the instrument cluster (how obvious, this was lost in all the other stuff i was doing ) That and i didnt think the signal came from the cluster but from a tach signal else where. Had to rewire the cluster too as was from a later model.

Many thanks Guys for putting me on the right path.

Cheers :)

You may have the speed sensor wires reversed on the new cluster. The newer model gtr cluster in my 89 bunky needed this (as well as all the rest moved that you already know about). The speed sensor is shown as a set of switch contacts on the wiring diagrams, but if you look on the back of the cluster on the circuit board you will see that there is a marking for a zener diode, that gives the hint, polarity conscious.

Hope that helps.. I can even show you which pins you need to swap if you can't find it as I kept my notes.

James.

there are 3 things that will cause the exhaust temp light to come on for R32

its covered in the PFC FAQ, its the same as the engine check light

the FAQ is down as the vhost is broken but when it comes back up, youll find what you need in there

the FAQ is back online;

http://paulr33.skylinesaustralia.com/docs/...powerfc-faq.htm

i am no longer accepting pm's any more - i've had enough

if you want to know something about the powerfc search in the faq

if its not in there i dont know the answer

ive had too many pm's over the past few years

people dont put in the effort to search

thanks

Hi Paul,

i hope the above doesn't relate to the below as it's not a commonly talked about topic so not sure a search will reveal much? Pm me Paul if your have time to help, i realise i wont be able to reply to your pm

can you help me figure out which wire i need to connect for the TPS on my GTS4 with GTSt pfc

thanks Steve

two questions paul

1. Can a normal Power FC be used with a map sensor and some how converted?

2. i know this is not realy a power FC question but Power FC datalogist software do you have a list of all the features it has and can do? as i tried to contact the distributor as i would like to know what it can and cant do before buying it but all they told me was to buy it due to it being the best.

Hi Paul,

i hope the above doesn't relate to the below as it's not a commonly talked about topic so not sure a search will reveal much? Pm me Paul if your have time to help, i realise i wont be able to reply to your pm

can you help me figure out which wire i need to connect for the TPS on my GTS4 with GTSt pfc

thanks Steve

search on google or my site for pin out diagrams for the rb20 ecu

then you just need to find the TPS signal wire

should take you all of 30 seconds searching in google or the forums for

rb20 pin out diagram

the wire is labelled "TPS" as you would expect

two questions paul

1. Can a normal Power FC be used with a map sensor and some how converted?

2. i know this is not realy a power FC question but Power FC datalogist software do you have a list of all the features it has and can do? as i tried to contact the distributor as i would like to know what it can and cant do before buying it but all they told me was to buy it due to it being the best.

1. no it cant, the normal powerfc expects an afm, the djetro version expects a map sensor, you cant mix and match

2. this is covered in the powerfc faq to death, there is a massive topic on datalogit, i suggest looking in there - the url is on page 1 of this thread or in my signature

sorry about that

but thanks for the help

no need to be sorry its just im kinda over a trillion pms a week about the same stuff over and over

especially given its covered to death and detail in the pfc faq already -thats the point of it

your questions were fine as they arent common and arent listed in the faq

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Paul,

I have read carefully through the faq and i have a issue that was covered for the power fc not the power fc d-jetro.

Basically i have 3 bar map sensors on the gt-r and when i want to run more than 20pounds of boost they go off the scale on the hand controller as we are tuning...

So if we use the software on a laptop etc will we be able to fix this issue?