SAU Community

Faq: Apexi Powerfc - Frequently Asked Questions

paulr33

Also I couldnt find anything regarding high/low impedence injectors in the FAQ..

I am in the market to purchase a set of 500cc or + injectors for my R33 GTST, but I read on a website that the PFC does not support Low impedence injectors?

Also, would I need to go and get a re-tune done if i were to install a set of injectors or would the PFC self learn?

Cheers.

whatever injectors the car model came with, is what the PFC will support

ie if you are using ECR33 PFC and the std ECR33 ECU supports low impedance, then the PFC will only support low impedance

there are resistor hacks and kits you can do to change that, but out of the box it will only support natively designed injectors for the same impedance

yes if you change injectors, you will need a full retune - you can do the self idle yourself

to make the car drive able but its likely to the mapping will change significantly

some workshops may do a touch up, some may just wipe and start again - ask before fitting them

dunno if this is the best place to post this question

just wanted to know i have a r33 gtr just got it tuned recently with a standard apexi power fc and hand controller and it seems to jolt sometimes just when driving it normally. i have it for like 2 days and it has jolted like 6 times not when stress or anything like that just when normal driving. apparently this is normal cause there is some software problem with them . i spoke to my mechanic he said its normal.. i think i might call him agian normal cause it keeps doing it and its frustraiting i dunno is this normal. if you could help much appreciated if not sorry for waisting your time

that is not normal, there is something wrong

i would suggest a fault or something is wrong

inspect the ecu, loom and how it is installed

go see another tuner and drive around the block with them in the car

again - that is not normal operation

the strange thing is. is that it was tuned by a well known renowned tuner in victoria and he comes highly recommeded on these forums. so you saying its either the ecu/ loom/ or wiring it only does it like when driving normal not when you open it up. like doin 50 and it jolts .........

were do you recommend in victoria is the best place to get the car tuned

also to add i heard there is some thred about there being this problem with r32 and r33 gtr's(apexi power fc ) somewere in sau

Edited by nxtplz

im looking to get an extension for my powerfc hand controller... in the diagram that is there has the 3 pins on the right and 2 on the left.. my hand controller has 3 on the left and 2 on the right.. does this matter?

The SBO/RxD is not there and the pin that doesnt have a name is there insted

powerfc-plug.gif

im looking to get an extension for my powerfc hand controller... in the diagram that is there has the 3 pins on the right and 2 on the left.. my hand controller has 3 on the left and 2 on the right.. does this matter?

The SBO/RxD is not there and the pin that doesnt have a name is there insted

powerfc-plug.gif

I think you will find that the plug pictured is the one on the power fc not the one on the hand controller, the plug on my pfc is the same as the pic but hand controller is the same as you describe, when you plug the cable in the you turn it 180 and all is good.

you need to read the FAQ properly

Another unofficial mod is instead of buying the official PowerFC hand controller extension cord is to use a normal Ps2 extension cord used for a normal PC computer. Its the same cable you just need to break off one of the pins.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah guys its just a plain as day PS2 extension cord for any computer mouse/keyboard

i brought mine from dick smiths and you just pop the middle thingy out, as the PFC connector on the ECU itself is a slight bit different

but the pins mate up and everything works perfectly. i then leave the extension cord in my car , so when you want to remove the hand controller its two seconds

and you can just leave the extension cord spooled up under the carpet

Hey mate,

I have a bit of a lengthy q here so bare with me.

I am just installed my PFC into my car and have had a few probs.

I am installing a RB25 PFC on an rb25 in an r32 using rb25 loom. I haven't long done the conversion and all seems to running fine with the standard ecu.

I installed the PFC did an initialize to remove any previous tunes stored and went through the self learn process.

Then i went to turn the boost kit plug in thingy off, however, when trying to push next on the boost kit icon it wouldn't go the to next screen to select "the icon that looks like a + sign", i let it go and just started the car.

The car started and idled beautifully, i waited 10 mins and then put the aircon on (which isn't even on the car) but i did it anyway. After about 5 mins of this, so 15 in total, the PFC started to make a really quiet buzzing and then the car just shut off. I'm 90% sure it was buzzing before shutting off, possibly my ears playin tricks, but quite sure it was :S. I then tried turning the car back on but it had nothin, no fuel pump prime....nothin!

I opened the PFC unit looked for any burnt tracks or popped capacitors in fear of having fried it due to wiring for the conversion possibly being wrong, all looked to be ok, then i put the stock ecu back in and the car started fine, then i put PFC in and fuel pump primed and car started..... i turned it off and left it there.....

My question is,

1. Am i doing something wrong to disable the boost control kit or is something wrong there with the unit?

2. I know you mentioned that if self learn is not done correctly the car will stall..... but i was just idling, and didn't so much stall, but car just shut off as if turning off with the key, if that makes sense.... is that odd?

3. Anything i'm missing?

Sorry for the long post, i'm just freaking out a little and about ready to throw the towel in due to issue after issue!

Thanks heaps in advance mate!

Kind regards,

Ryan

Hi All.

Paul, thanks a lot for PFC FAQ. Great work!

I have read whole document and this topic also, but I still have no solution for my problem.

I have '95 R33 with RB25DET and few mods (like 3" exhaust, apexi power intake, larger turbo etc.) and PFC from BCNR33.

My question is: what changes shoud I do in RB25 wiring loom to connect BCNR33 PFC, and of cource to make it work correctly?

ps. Sorry for my English, this is not my native language.

Hey Roman read this

if your not familiar with reading pinouts then find a mate who can read it you will need to strip some small pins off a unused loom take 6 to be sure you have enough

you basically have to strip your original AFM wires and hook them into the empty spaces where they would normally be on the GTR loom and splice the O2 sensor in the same way and there is also a inlet temp sensor that needs to be created (if you cant use datalogit to turn off the corrections)

>>Hybrid Apexi PowerFC models<<

hey paul i just installed nismo 740cc...and the car doesn't idle and runs super rich and sounds like and RX7 the settings i used is on here:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/In...gs-t249191.html

so is this the right settings i got 50.1% is buy 380cc / 740CC = 50% and i got 0.14 is by 0.66-0.582

i wil be getting a tune later on in the week or next but im just wondering is there a setting where i can drive the car to the tuner?

any help would be good :)

Cheers

Chi

hey paul i just installed nismo 740cc...and the car doesn't idle and runs super rich and sounds like and RX7 the settings i used is on here:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/In...gs-t249191.html

so is this the right settings i got 50.1% is buy 380cc / 740CC = 50% and i got 0.14 is by 0.66-0.582

i wil be getting a tune later on in the week or next but im just wondering is there a setting where i can drive the car to the tuner?

any help would be good :D

Cheers

Chi

whatever is in the faq will be correct

if it doesnt idle id say you are doing something wrong

try and find someone else who has used 740cc injectors and check their settings

• 4 weeks later...

OK, need some help here. I bought a power fc DJetro from some one on here and both map sensors did not work, car would not start or idel. I went into the hand controller ad looked at the sensors, one read .01 Volts the other read 5.0 Volts. I went out and got two more map sensors pluged them in and they both read 1.4 Volts when at idel. So that now works.

Now the question I have is, when I go into the monitor sensors and look at the boost pressure it reads nothing, just four lines. Is this correct? I think it is but I cant find the info.

Thanks,

Jamie

yes you need to enable the boost control kit and have the boost control kit installed for it to display boost pressure

BOOST PRESSURE is not the same as the djetro map sensors "PRESSURE"

that is, when you using the Djetro PFC you don't get the "BOOST" signal for free

you still need to buy the kit and have the optional map sensor installed

ok i have a question that im sure has been answered a million bloody times but i keep getting different answers everywhere i look and in everything i read so i thought i would ask in here

is there a difference between a power fc for a series 1 and 2 R33 GTST? can a power fc from out of a series 1 be plugged straight into a series 2?

as i said im sure its been asked and answered a million times but can anyone give me a definate answer or point me in the right direction, thanks in advance for any help

dale

^^ there is no difference i have personally taken a PFC out of a S2 R33 and put it in my S1 R33 the differences are with the turbo on the engine and igniter's on the coil packs for the S2 the actual ECU handles the engine the same way