SAU Community

Faq: Apexi Powerfc - Frequently Asked Questions

paulr33

^^ there is no difference i have personally taken a PFC out of a S2 R33 and put it in my S1 R33 the differences are with the turbo on the engine and igniter's on the coil packs for the S2 the actual ECU handles the engine the same way

hey thanks man for clearing that up for me, good to know that someone has tried it too, so once again thank you, you are a legend :)

Had a search through this thread and cant find an answer, basically i have just had my power fc installed and instead of having to take the kick panel off every time i want to check something through the hand controller i would like to leave it in the glove box, is there anyway to lock the keypad so that buttons dont get pushed by other things in the glove box?

Edited by W0rp3D

Hi

just after some help from anyone

I just got the power fc boost control kit for my car.. its the right one the A001 or whatever.... Now i know the map/pressure sensor plugs straight into the power fc, but where do i plug the actual solinoid into?

From what ive managed to find it seems as though on an RB25 you plug it into the stock wiring loom where the stock boost solinoid went, but i was under the impression that this provided constant power but no earth till the car hit 4500 rpm... Can anyone else help me out with this?

car is 1994 R33 GTS-t With Power FC (standard) and hand controller. PM's welcome :)

Cheers

Callan

W0rp3D - hand controller is fine to go in the glove box

Boostin96 - the plug goes straight into the standard boost solenoid plug its near your power steering reservoir

Cheers mate

so is this pin on The ecu slightly different to what it does on the stock ecu?

cause i thought it just earthed at 4500rpm?

ahh i see

so it basically serves a different purpose going from std ecu to power fc

eg. Stock ecu - earth at 4500rpm

Power FC - open solenoid at x amount of boost

or something along those lines anyway.....

Cheers for the help :P

Anyone else know anymore?

I'm fairly happy that that is right but cause its the same thing that i was gathering from pauls FAQ and a few other posts

just wanted to make sure it was a different function on the power fc

• 2 weeks later...

Hey i was jsut wondering quickly..

Is there anyway that a Power FC is avaliable for the R32 RB20DE (NA) at all??

Or if they are avaliable? ( Because i have heard that they are Very rare to get :S)

Thanks!

SLi32

its covered in the FAQ

there is no N/A version for R32 - you would need to buy R32 RB20 PFC, which is ap engineering

it will need to tuned before it will start correctly, as it will assume GTST AFM, Injectors and engine maps

that being said, you could correct it manually on the hand controller to make it start and drive OK

then you could drive to the tuners if it was a long way away or you couldnt wait

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Paul,

Ok, so I got my R33 RB25DET back from the tuner with a new turbo installation with the following:

Garrett 3037 turbo

Top mount manifold

SARD 550cc Injectors

Bosch 023 Fuel Pump

FMIC

Profec B Spec II BC

PFC

and more supporting mods...

Although they done a good job with the turbo/piping installation, the tune im not too happy with and need some advice on.

My problem is, when my car is cold, the revs surge from around 1300 to 1800rpm (this goes away when the car warms up), the tuner said he had no idea why this is happening and mentioned that the PFC doesnt have a cold start tuning option (if this makes any sense)?

The other thing he said was at high revs it knocked too much, so he reduced the timing right down to around 15deg IGN timing and now its very sluggish. He said that getting a high flow cat might fix this problem?

Im not too cluey when it comes to tuning and ECUs, so if you could shed some light on this situation it would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Mick

PS. I just checked the Injector latencies on your PFC docs, and im not sure if the tuner set mine correctly, they read 70% and -1.30ms, souldnt they be 67% and +0.052 for SARD 550cc in RB25DET?

Edited by EVL-R33

• 2 weeks later...

very quick question

got mt PFC installed into my R34, ever since then my engine light wont go off the dash :) asked the tuner he said it's running fine etc and has no idea why it wont go away, he said the only time it goes away is when he loads a fresh map onto it but then comes back straight away ?