SAU Community

Faq: Apexi Powerfc - Frequently Asked Questions

paulr33

use the cranking adjustment screen to mark it start easier when water temp is up

part of it might be in the FAQ or check out the documentation

i can look into if you like, but will take some time

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. Did a search and cant find the answer.

Do you really need a Hand controller. Apart from the information it gives you, Any harm in ditching the controller after a safe tune. Or buying a PFC with out one in the first place

1. no trouble form cops.

2. no one breaking into your car to steal it.

Thanks guys.

Hey guys. Did a search and cant find the answer.

Do you really need a Hand controller. Apart from the information it gives you, Any harm in ditching the controller after a safe tune. Or buying a PFC with out one in the first place

1. no trouble form cops.

2. no one breaking into your car to steal it.

Thanks guys.

You dont need it, especially if you plan to get a reputable tuner to tune it, they will already have the right stuff to tune it via a laptop.

You dont need it, especially if you plan to get a reputable tuner to tune it, they will already have the right stuff to tune it via a laptop.

Thanks heaps mate. Exactly what i wanted to know

=D

i have had my PFC for about 5 years now and i also have datalogit

i have found the hand controller very useful for;

- checking peak boost to make sure my controller isn't spiking / being stupid

- checking levels of detonation

- checking water temp

- adjusting correction from time to time on water temp

- temp ign adjusts when excessive detonating occurs (shit fuel etc)

- checking ETC, SENSOR SW CHECK when engine check light comes on (my TPS is intermittent faulty)

- adjusting boost in summer, i had my duty set too high

and so on... without the hand controller i couldnt do any of that, nor could i actually see whats going on

without the hand controller, the PFC is basically the same as the stock ECU (minus the tune ability).

that is, everything is locked away, you have no visibility, and no control

even if you dont know what you are doing, the hand controller is such as a simple and powerful tool

you may find youll be wishing you brought the hand controller once you have it up and running

just be careful where you place and store it etc. you dont have to adjust stuff, but its great to be able to

and youll find it heaps easier to sell your PFC with a hand controller, instead of without one

fyi - ive left my hand controller on my dash, above the glovebox velcro'd there for about 5 years

have parked the car near train stations, shops, streets, in the city, carparks, work etc

this is with an RSM on the dash, VAFC on the dash and turbo timer and head unit and dvd player

not a single issue .... :D

hey paul just quick question, after reading ur FAQ i still want an answer from you!!! i have had a tune, n all is running ok, then i installed an EBC now i want to know what is a bad knock on the pfc? it dosn't knock much at all untill i come on boost then knocks constantly around 7 n sometimes a little higher...

hey paul just quick question, after reading ur FAQ i still want an answer from you!!! i have had a tune, n all is running ok, then i installed an EBC now i want to know what is a bad knock on the pfc? it dosn't knock much at all untill i come on boost then knocks constantly around 7 n sometimes a little higher...

LOL 7???? you have absolutely nothing to worry about, my tuner told me that if it constantly goes over 45 then i should get it checked, note the word constantly, the factory knock sensors have a habbit of picking up other noises and reading it as knock, so unless it is constantly high there is nothing to worry about, i have seen it as high as 111 once.

Also another take on this topic is that your engine could have a really safe tune, due to the fact that it reads a lot of other noises as knock a 7 could mean that your engine is no where near its potential and is in fact under tuned.

as said above, 7 doesn't sound too high, but its a basic microphone in the engine so it will pick up other noises

ive seen a knock level of 200 on my hand controller before, obviously thats bad of course.

60 will turn on the engine check light, so apexi decided that a knock of 60 or higher is bad enough to throw the engine check light on

its also possible there isnt enough knock, ie knocking is too low, which means the engine isn't tuned hard enough

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys quick question, just trying to put some sard 800cc injectors into my R34 and trying to tune it. But it is having a few problems. It wont turn over and the injectors are not pulsing. could this be caused by the 1.60msec delay the injectors have as the PFC will only let us go 1msec delay max

you are viewing a BRAND NEW set of 6 Sard 800cc fuel injectors for use on the R34 body style Skyline GT-T equipped with the NEO RB25DET engine.

The injectors are top-feed, high impedance and an excellent upgrade for those going with a larger turbine setup.

The set comes with bolts and spacers designed to use with the OEM fuel rails.

Everything is BRAND NEW and in obvious perfect working order.

You will not need to worry about getting the items flow tested as the items are NEW!

LAG TIME 1.60msec

any help greatly appreciated

Edited by ian_and1

• 1 month later...

Ok I've been doing a bit of reading regarding the Power FC Pro in the last hour as I possibly can get my hands on a second hand one (including controller)... It's for the 98.6~ RPS13 (180sx Type X).

Now there's a bit of concern going around as to whether ones people have received are legit Pro or not... Only way to tell is to turn on the PFC and check the start up to see if the text reads PRO (e.g. SR20DET1PRO or similar), or open the ecu and see if there's a sticker on the NEC chip with the word PRO on it...

As the guy is from Sydney and I'm in Melb, I can't do those things...

I'm hoping to clear a few queries I have:

1. Is there certain serial numbers for the PRO to tell them apart from other PFC versions? (for both ecu and hand controller)

2. Does the hand controller have to be a Pro version to suit the Pro ecu or all hand controllers can be used with all versions of the ecu as long as they are in the same generation?

3. Do the boxes and manual of the Pro differ to the standard Ljetro version (normal version)? I ask cos I have the standard PFC and would like to keep the boxes and manual for referencing the Pro, but if they do differ I'll include them in the sale of the normal when I sell it to get the Pro :)

Thanks in advance!!!

Cheers,

Andy

Edited by AnDyStYLe

sometimes there is a little sticker on the side of the but i dont think mine came with it and its only hand written

as for HC you need a 415-N001 model not the X001

if he has the original packaging it should look something like this

this is the FC packaging sticker

post-13315-1248009120_thumb.jpg

I'm helping a mate put an R32 RB26 in his R34 GTS. He already went out and bought an R34 PowerFC. I know that the R32/R33 & R34 have different part numbers.

Will the R34 PFC work with the R32 motor? What is the difference between the two?

Ok I've been doing a bit of reading regarding the Power FC Pro in the last hour as I possibly can get my hands on a second hand one (including controller)... It's for the 98.6~ RPS13 (180sx Type X).

Now there's a bit of concern going around as to whether ones people have received are legit Pro or not... Only way to tell is to turn on the PFC and check the start up to see if the text reads PRO (e.g. SR20DET1PRO or similar), or open the ecu and see if there's a sticker on the NEC chip with the word PRO on it...

As the guy is from Sydney and I'm in Melb, I can't do those things...

I'm hoping to clear a few queries I have:

1. Is there certain serial numbers for the PRO to tell them apart from other PFC versions? (for both ecu and hand controller)

2. Does the hand controller have to be a Pro version to suit the Pro ecu or all hand controllers can be used with all versions of the ecu as long as they are in the same generation?

3. Do the boxes and manual of the Pro differ to the standard Ljetro version (normal version)? I ask cos I have the standard PFC and would like to keep the boxes and manual for referencing the Pro, but if they do differ I'll include them in the sale of the normal when I sell it to get the Pro ;)

Thanks in advance!!!

Cheers,

Andy

this is covered in the FAQ and was recently updated, you should check it

if the PFC case has a silver shiny FC Pro~~~ sticker on the side of the ECU case, this does NOT mean its an FC Pro unit, its just the software designation

so the only legit was is to check via what the hand controller displays, or as Madaz said, check the box packaging

Hi, just want to clarify... Should the power fc turn on when you turn your key to acc, or when you turn your key to on? I found three black dots in the censor check: ign, eccs and wrn. But everything still seems to work fine on idle, haven't driven it yet. I even tried to change some values in the injector chart, turned the power off and on again and the values remained changed so it saves the changes.

Anyway, my fc turns on when I turn the key to on, and I'm going to check the ignition and eccs relays and the pins 10,16,20,49,59,109 in the power fc that comes from these relays over the weekend. Any other ideas?

the FC wont turn on when you turn key to ACC, but it will when you turn it to ON

having IGN, ECCS and WRN in a state of ON (black dot) at ON is normal - there is nothing wrong

the black dot means the relay/switch is on, ie your IGNItion is on (yep youd expect that), ECCS is on (yep youd expect that, the ECU has power) and WRN is part of the warning check loop which means the engine check light is on - have you turned off the std boost kit? its covered in the PFC FAQ, turn the boost kit off and engine check light will go out away

as said above, 7 doesn't sound too high, but its a basic microphone in the engine so it will pick up other noises

ive seen a knock level of 200 on my hand controller before, obviously thats bad of course.

60 will turn on the engine check light, so apexi decided that a knock of 60 or higher is bad enough to throw the engine check light on

its also possible there isnt enough knock, ie knocking is too low, which means the engine isn't tuned hard enough

Doesnt the Apexi boost controller kit for PFC gets controller via the handcontroller? Also I'm looking at getting a PFC Pro for the 33gtr but it doesnt have a handcontroller. My question would is, is the handcontroller for a normal PFC compatible with the PRO?

Handcontroller

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Ap...87#entry4742587

PFC Pro

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/St...ar-t281327.html

Thanks!

lol yeah you cant tell shit with that serial number at least i cant

the serial on my PFC pro hc is FCC2NT 020-02598

but its model number is 415-N001 which is the old style controller there is a new style which is z x001 this is incompatible

yes the Apexi boost controller kit can be adjusted from within the HC