SAU Community

Faq: Apexi Powerfc - Frequently Asked Questions

paulr33

haha no problems

Hello Paul,

i have a question about rescale the map sensor. So i have the Power FC in the Nissan GTI-R and it runs with the maf but now i have fit the AEM 3.5 bar map sensor too, but i don´t can rescale them. Can you help me? Is it possible to change any that it works?, What is with the 11776 Setting Boost max in the Fc Edit?

Best regards from Germany

Sascha

so this question has probably been asked a million times before, and the answere prolly lies somewhere in this thread but 30pages is alot of reading. can anyone tell me what is needed to connect a rb26 pfc to an rb20? is it a simple change the wire sort of thing, or is it more complicated? cheers.

Hello Paul,

i have a question about rescale the map sensor. So i have the Power FC in the Nissan GTI-R and it runs with the maf but now i have fit the AEM 3.5 bar map sensor too, but i don´t can rescale them. Can you help me? Is it possible to change any that it works?, What is with the 11776 Setting Boost max in the Fc Edit?

Best regards from Germany

Sascha

hi

this wont work, you cant just go from ljetro (AFM) to djetro (MAP) and expect it to work

you will need to find a djetro PFC to suit RNN14 if such a PFC exists

if not, you are stuck with AFM - unless you can find an AFM to MAP converter and use it (HKS Vein Pressure Converter)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Paul,

I'm new to this forum and I have read all the pages. As I read thru the pages only 1 member asked you

a question that its close to my question. I have a GTR R32 use to run a F-con V pro stand alone unit, but i deceided to go to PFC D-Jetro. I have installed the PFC already and I was about to start up the vehicle, but i notice that the my car didn't both O2 Sensors when i was running the FCON.

Will the vehicle start with out the O2 for now or do i need the O2

This is the set up on my car.

T70 single buttom mounted

700cc sard injector

sard fuel rail

FMIC trust

split fire coils

Thanks

With your list of mods and lack of understanding of what D-jetro actually is i would advise you dont start your car take it to a tuner

Sorry if that sounds harsh but we all dont want to see a new topic from you saying my engine is making a funny knock

Thanks for the input Madaz ,but the vehicle was ruuning with out the O2 sensors with the fcon v pro before. So

now that I switch to Power FC d-jetro i just want to make sure if i can start it with out the O2 and if not then i would

get the O2 sensor.

Thanks

The f con is a totaly different ecu man, and with your question about running d jetro without o2 shows me 2 things, 1. you dont know what d jetro actualy means 2. You pfc wont be tuned for your engine

Thanks again ,but I didn't say to run the vehicle with out the O2 sensor, all I'm asking IF I can start the vehicle ONLY. So I can start the vehicle with out the O2,but need the O2 to tune it then I would purchase the sensors.I know the computer are different that why I'm ask for opinion.

Thanks.

No you dont need o2 sensors to start the car

I may have also thought you were asking about air flow meters hence my saying you dont know what d jetro is

O2 sensors only do about 5% corrections on leaning up and adding fuel

Hi Everyone

I am still learning using Datalogit to tune my 34GTT Neo. What would be a good timing for the lower load range (L1 to L10) if running bigger turbo like the Garrett T04e? From what i have tried is to lower timing than the default PFC map espescially around the 1600rpm to 3200rpm, i get better response plus using higher gear to cruise. Been trying to find comparison map especially those who has already upgraded their turbos (laggier type).

Using wideband for on the road tuning and my knock level is very low around 1 to 5 max. Anyone willing to share their map as a guide.

this is covered in the FAQ but you typically follow the rule of thumb, keep adding more timing until it kncoks, then take out 2 deg

using datalogit you can achieve this quiet easily by using the temp correction on the hand controller to shift the entier tune up say 5deg

plod around and see how much kncok you get, if its ok, then set that +5 onto the whole map and save the tune

then drive around with knock map watch and back out any cells manually that kncok around 20-30

your typical knock levels should hover around 10ish

this meanst there is enoguh timing in it to make it work hard enough and knock a touch

but take in mind if your tuning it aggressively now, when summer hits, it may knock more, so keep that it in mind

this is covered in the FAQ but you typically follow the rule of thumb, keep adding more timing until it kncoks, then take out 2 deg

using datalogit you can achieve this quiet easily by using the temp correction on the hand controller to shift the entier tune up say 5deg

plod around and see how much kncok you get, if its ok, then set that +5 onto the whole map and save the tune

then drive around with knock map watch and back out any cells manually that kncok around 20-30

your typical knock levels should hover around 10ish

this meanst there is enoguh timing in it to make it work hard enough and knock a touch

but take in mind if your tuning it aggressively now, when summer hits, it may knock more, so keep that it in mind

Thanks Paul for ur prompt feedback, u have been very helpful.

Recently in Malaysia the local fuel station start offering RON95 (downgraded from RON97) which i have not tried using until i know how much timing reduction i need to bring it down. The stations still offer RON97 but just want to have an additional tuned RON95 map.

What's the difference between Advanced Knock and Basic Knock?

Edited by driftmeister

• 2 weeks later...

Ive tried to search in the FAQs but no answer to this question.

sorry if it was already asked

is there any featuers/settings that cant be accessed without the hand controller?

another word can we make 100% use of powerfc without the hand controller?

am deciding to get a powerfc without the commander

thanks

Yes - BUT you would need to purchase the Datalogit software and cable to plug into your laptop and PFC or every time you want to look @ you FC go to a tuner or ask around the forums if someone has the time to look @ your fc for what you want to change

Yes - BUT you would need to purchase the Datalogit software and cable to plug into your laptop and PFC or every time you want to look @ you FC go to a tuner or ask around the forums if someone has the time to look @ your fc for what you want to change

thanks for the answer

so how much is datalogit and cable are they more expensive than a handcontroller?

do most tuners have the software to tune the powerfc? (which means I dont have to buy the kit to get it tuned)

Edited by eskaR

thanks for the answer

so how much is datalogit and cable are they more expensive than a handcontroller?

there is one on here atm for $470 i think, with the data logit you also need a laptop to monitor anything, if your not going to tune it your self then you would be better off getting the hand contoller, will tell you what you need to know with out needing a lap top.