SAU Community

[INFO] Before & After GCG Turbo Hi-Flow

juicen

Hi kids,

I just wanted to post before and after pics of taking the GCG Turbo upgrade path for those that are interested. Can never have too much info!

I bought a second-hand RB20 turbo and shipped it down to be rebuilt & hi-flowed. Here are the pics:

before-comp.jpg

after-comp.jpg

before-rear.jpg

after-rear.jpg

I will post dyno comparison soon (hopefully) when I finally get it bolted on.

Cheers,

Jason

I bought a stock, 2nd-hand RB20 turbo for $250. The hi-flow cost me $1950 plus shipping to and from (about $20 each way from Gold Coast, QLD). It took around a week-and-a-half to get back.

Its rated at 450hp according to their website.

I'm looking forward to seeing the results.

So I guess they did the same thing they would have done to the RB25 turbo when hi-flowing to 450hp.

I wonder if it makes the difference which one they use?

i rang them before-hand and asked if there was any physical difference (because theres a decent price difference between buying a 2nd-hand RB20 turbo and an RB25 one!!!) and they said there was none - so thats why I went with the RB20 (cheaper) one

Can you measure the machined inlet diameter size of the compressor housing

I would like to compare it to my high flow on my RB25

I do not who built mine, it does not have a XTR badge on it and it is a Rb20 compressor housing, which has a smaller compressor oulet diameter than the stock RB25 turbo I took off.

Does anyine know if they use the same size compressor wheel in the Rb20 and Rb25 compressor housing?

Yeh that's pretty expensive, but comming from GCG they charge hard. I can supply T3/T4 Garrett Hybrid pretty much half that amount. If anyone interested pm me.

Need to pm admin to discuss promoting my online business on the forum. So can anyone help me.

I have just installed a high flow in my RB25DEt, and it was better value than a HKS 2530.

Its a direct fit, and boost comes on just as good as standard.

From what I can measure so far it improves flow (and kw) by about 20% at the same boost, but has the ability to boost much higher. At this stage I am only running 14psi and get 220rwkw vs my std turbo that got around 180rwkw

More to the point, when the hell did you get a laural!?

And what engine is in the laural?  RB20 Id guess.  Really interested to see how it goes hey.

haven't got it yet - still waiting for it to be fixed and registered - but yeh its an R32 RB20.

at the moment its only got the stuff in my signature - not sure what boost its running but it goes pretty average - hopefully the GCG turbo will make it a little more exciting with a bit more boost - and hopefully it spools OK.

i'm wondering if i'll have to get a new dump pipe or whether the existing one can be machined to match the rear housing??

oh and I don't mind spending 1950 as long as its brand-new-reliable, and I don't have to change any piping or oil lines etc!  been thru all that before too many times!!  pipes/lines/silicon/clamps - it all adds up in the end!!

Or did back in the twin turbo days, but you have now seen the light :thumbsup:

But hey, its about the same price as most of the other similar options. I hope it works. Might be worth it on mine.