SAU Community

injector pulse

just wanted to know if anyone herr on the forum has installed an aftermarket fuel rail with aftermarket fuel pressure regulator and heard a quite noticable pulse coming from the rear of the rail, i heard it the first time last night after installing my hks fuel rail and want to know if its normal and if anyone else has had the same things happen

Guest two.06l
but my 720cc injectors didnt make much or any noise in the standard rail, but after installing the hls one it makes quite a loud pulse, not sure if its casue of the anodised alluminium rail.

Yeah its also amplified because of the larger internal diameter of the rail too.

Guest two.06l
i just hope it wasnt piston slap or something gone wrong

youll be right, just make sure she's nice and warm b4 giving it curry.What piston and clearance are you running?

youll be right, just make sure she's nice and warm b4 giving it curry.What piston and clearance are you running?

no idea mate, i bought the car with no idea what engine work it had done, but ive been killing it for the last 18months, and seems to be holding, it has really loud piston slap when its cold but after i warms up it goes away, i was told thats a tell tale sign it has forgies, but im not sure, so ill race it till it dies, then rebuild from scratch.

Guest two.06l
no idea mate, i bought the car with no idea what engine work it had done, but ive been killing it for the last 18months, and seems to be holding, it has really loud piston slap when its cold but after i warms up it goes away, i was told thats a tell tale sign it has forgies, but im not sure, so ill race it till it dies, then rebuild from scratch.

i like your style!

Guest two.06l
its the only way to do it, why rebuild now when it still has potential to run low 10s without touching anything.

exactly...why spend money when you don't have to...Its like these idiots that upgrade their gtr intercooler before their ecu??? go figure!