SAU Community

Got Defected

Eav00l

Hi all.

Was cruzin in the city on friday night to pickup a mate and i got pulled over by some D's , they said " we have pulled you over as the legality of the modifictaion done to your car" then i have to got to the rocks where they were all waiting.

This is the 1st time ive been pulled over in this car.

And 4 those of you that have seen my car you wioll fiund it funny that this is all they got me 4.

1. 19" wheels when tyre placard says 16" - Fine $120

2, Chasis has been modified for the intercooler piping - Fine $60

then the minors

1. Tints to dark

2. boost guage in a pillar above steering wheel

3. www.skylinesaustralia.com sticker on wind sheild (yes thats right a sticker can not block the wipers)

thats it.

Lucky i know a few people in the buisness ( if you know what i mean)

Cant they just leave us alone?

i doubt the p-plates would have much to do with it, i would have thought the imported skyline models would be enough for the police to pull over and check when defect stations are around

but considering all the recent events involving p-platers and all related stories i suppose you could be right

hey dude, yeah i got done in the same area - down at the docks in the rocks (had my whinge sesh in the general forum :) )

luckily mines only fairly stock and they got me for pod filter (frantically trying to find an airbox to fit the r33)

some of the cops were real pricks acting talking like i'd killed someone, but luckily the chick that was looking after me wasn't too bad.

Anyway bad luck man, hope u get it all done in time,

Catch ya

I drive around in a '97 series II with a standard Type-M kit, 18's with a GTR wing on the ass, I have not been picked up in it once yet, Its the huge GReddy stickers, 20 inch 'Bling bling stand-out-like-dogs-balls' chromes and ya 6inch exhaust tips that gets you pulled up. Cops are pricks, we all know that, why make yourself stand out to them, you dont need their attention cause it's bad news when you get it.

Getting defected is no big deal, it's not even about the fines, it's just the hassles of having to go back to get them cleared and shit.

Wheel Track

As a general rule, it is recommended you only fit wheels and tyres that are listed on the tyre placard or in the

owner’s handbook. These have been tested and proved for your car.

Sometimes the range of wheels listed by the manufacturer may appear to be limited. While it is recommended

that you only fit these wheels, the RTA does not oppose the fitting of wheels outside the range providing they are

safe for the vehicle.

An important requirement for all replacement wheels is that the wheel track must not be increased by more than

25mm beyond the maximum specified by the vehicle manufacturer for that vehicle.

Wheel Width

Wheels up to 26mm wider than the largest optional wheel recommended by the vehicle manufacturer for the

vehicle can be fitted without the need to notify the RTA.

Wheel Diameter

The outside diameter of the wheel and tyre combination must be no more than 15mm over the largest diameter

wheel and tyre combination specified for the vehicle and not more than 15mm below the smallest diameter wheel

and tyre combination specified for the vehicle.

i was wrong in my previous post its 15mm not 10mm :P