SAU Community

Brisbane Mechanics

LiAm

The club is sponcered by various workshops which do excellent work:

Mercury Motorsport (Wilston)

Cosmos Mechanical (Ipswitch)

Automotive Technique (Labradore)

Tuff Toys (Cooparoo)

All of which you will gain discounts on if you are a club member :)

LiAm, it depends where you live and if you find the workshop and staff to be reliable. I take my baby to Allstar Tuning at Zillmere. Richard and Daniel are good people and have never let me down. Good advice is the best PR a workshop can offer and Richard knows his stuff. :wassup:

I go to my back yard....

Most trust worthy place round....

No offence to the workshops suggested, but i have been burnt badllyh with my last car at the 2 shops i took it too.... Non of the sponcer shops were involved. But i will be visiting Mercury in the near future as their close and their a sponcer. I was impressed with the workshop at the BBQ. A motorsport shop with Motul oils in the 20 litre drums. Now thats quality, also their dyno was very nice and the guys were frendlly. So i will be using them to tune the PFC as you need a dyno and i may as well use them. (Because their a sponcer mainlly, support your sponcers)

Yeah I towed my car back from the track with some unknown problem on Sunday afternoon, by monday afternoon they had installed a new fuel pump and dyno tuned my SAFC for a great price and yeah Trent is a really nice bloke, :).

Also have been to Automotive Technique and they are great too, went in to get my free service (as won in the charity auction) and they did that and trouble shooted a couple of things I was interested in. Also they are right next door to Brake Distributers of Australia, (another club sponcer) and they are great too, have several race cars setup for various forms of motorsport and was more than happy to have a chat and answer all the n00b questions I had.

yeh well my head in my RB20det is bent, due to my radiator it kept over heating !! now my head is bent so it needs to be pull out and machined !!

i got a qoute from ADD racing in kendron for aroun 1500 i think...

yeh well my head in my RB20det is bent, due to my radiator it kept over heating !! now my head is bent so it needs to be pull out and machined !!  

i got a qoute from ADD racing in kendron for aroun 1500 i think...

ADD...stay away from the boiler makers...

I too have heard a few dodgy things about ADD, like they are being sued by someone. I have had heaps of work done at Mercury Motorsport and I will continue to get all my work done there. The guys are great they know their stuff and they don't try and sell you bits you don't need. My 0.02 cents go to Mercury.

Cheers

Gary

any on the southside of Brisbane. Slacks creek areaish?

Yeah dude.

Go to DJ Sivyer Mechanical, hes just off compton road, in Timms Court, #10. PH# 3290 2967.

Some weeks he can be quite busy, so its best to ring and see when you can book it in. But lets just say he saved me a lot of money as I went to him not another work shop that said my water pump was leaking (this was last August, its still not leaking, and even after a good pressure test it never leaked, IE, my water pump was not leaking and did not need changning). Hes also extreamly thorough (sp) checks everything twice. (I've seen some other mechanics, they pull the car apart, and dont put it back, and or dont double check stuff).

Hes honist, and knows skylines and RBs pretty darn good. I can not recomend him highly enough.

Sorry for the ramble, but yeah, he really is quite good.