SAU Community

Fresh from Japan pics

thanx for the positive comments guys. as im actually overseas atm, my broker is doing everything for me.( they probally washed it).

my broker owns a RAW workshop so i think he is gonna put on a stock exhaust for the compliance. thanx for that any way. if there is a problem, ill let u know. :D

really looking forward to cruising with some of u and meeting some other skyline owners. haha

Nice Blue dude.

Heres my Prince (im sorta against neo Nissan cos of the whole rivalry between Renault [owners of Nissan] and McLaren [i live n breath this F1 team], so i refer to them as Prince Skylines, Datsun Zeds etc.)

http://www.prestigemotorsport.com.au/au/st...sp?StockID=3640

Now that is Fresh Japan. So dusty u can carve it.

I was thinking about getting the bonnet cut n try n fix some sorta Grille (doesnt hafta be a GTR grille, as i kno the GTR dudes will pay me out). As u can see the dent doesnt look too good.

Also, the wheels n windows are gonna get as black as legally possible.

Hey Ron

Im actually still waiting for it. Just made the payment about 3 weeks ago.

It is more expensive than the last car i've imported (300zx @ 300,000 Yen came to $3k, the skyline @ 250,000 Yen came to $3.2k, but thats just exchange rates with 12 months different.)

I just gotta hope that the shipping price n tax etc. will be under $3k as well, to match up with Prestige Motorsports estimate. My last broker was off by about $300-400.

so we'll hafta see.

Hey Ron

Im actually still waiting for it. Just made the payment about 3 weeks ago.

It is more expensive than the last car i've imported (300zx @ 300,000 Yen came to $3k, the skyline @ 250,000 Yen came to $3.2k, but thats just exchange rates with 12 months different.)

I just gotta hope that the shipping price n tax etc. will be under $3k as well, to match up with Prestige Motorsports estimate. My last broker was off by about $300-400.

so we'll hafta see.

i though ur car has already landed. its a pretty good price. hope everything goes well.

when was the exchange rate 100 yen per AUD??12 months ago mate it was 80 yen per AUD. in fact in recents weeks the rate of 90 yen per AUD is the best it's been as far back as i can remember.

• 3 weeks later...
i bought some for around 86 per AUD when i had to pay for my car. would be pretty good if it was 100.

Yeah, I wish too. If I'd gotten my arse into gear back in December I'd have saved a few hundred.

Just blew my wad of yen at 85 to the $ on this old thing from Hokkaido. Supposed to have R33 N1 motor and R34 N1 snails.

post-12453-1137136286.jpg

The wait begins.

Edited by FurryBarry

i bought some for around 86 per AUD when i had to pay for my car. would be pretty good if it was 100.

If i can remember it was 90 per AUD for a few days last year towards end for the year i remembered cos i saw it on the news :P damn that would be cheaps with the rates should of bought a few cars !!

Edited by MFC05

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

89 model R32 got here via Kiwi and Toll car carriers yesterday and came through with only the boost guage nicked, which I'm happy with as they didn't touch the boost controller, turbo timer or the hand controller. They didn't nick the TE37's either and there are no new scratches or dings that I can see.

I'll post pics soon as this is what the thread is about I suppose.

Does anyone know how to get rid of the smilies menu from the post reply screen? They're giving me the shiites.