SAU Community

Which brake discs R32 GTSt?

Hi everyone,

I am in need of a new set of front discs for the pretty stock R32 Gtst, wondering what to get. I have fitted racebrakes rb74 pads and am looking to upgrade the discs aswell.

What would be better for my needs? (Slightly increased performance, not too expensive, must last for about as long as the standard ones)

DBA909 slotted - $190ea

DBA909 slotted and cross drilled - $210ea

DBA4909 Standard - $194ea

DBA4909 Slotted - $246ea

Are the 4000 series worth the extra money. or should i get slotted and cross drilled standard series for the same price as the standard 4000's?

Thanks,

Rhett

We run 4000 series front and rear... Way to go. I believe dba also cast discs for some leading top end names too so there is nothing wrong with the build.

If you have 17" wheels, put on a set of V Spec Brembo's and 5000 series on the front. We run this combo on the circuit and they stay well within temp limits.

Good braking

TT

Thanks Jarrod. Ill go with the DBA4909s then. Does anyone know anywhere that could do them for less than the $246ea Racebrakes quoted me? Although i think this is a pretty good price, since i tried supercheap, bursons, repco etc and got crazy quotes of ~$350ea

Jarrod are you coming to the GOR cruise next weekend?

Rhett

Hey man,

I have R33 brakes all round on my r32.

The fronts are slotted and drilled. Been like that for 2 years, i drive the car hard and there are no stress fratures or cracking on the front discs. If you drill all the way through the disc then you are at serious risk of cracking them.

With a decent pad combo, they are very impressive.

its another option to look at if price is an issue with the DBAs... but it sounds like the DBA discs are the go. With the praise in this thread, when i am up for new discs i will definitely go with the higher end DBA's

Thanks Jarrod.  Ill go with the DBA4909s then.  Does anyone know anywhere that could do them for less than the $246ea Racebrakes quoted me?  Although i think this is a pretty good price, since i tried supercheap, bursons, repco etc and got crazy quotes of ~$350ea

Jarrod are you coming to the GOR cruise next weekend?

Rhett

ABS quoted me $220 each.

Also look at RDA brakes I think it is. Apparently they are just as good as the DBAs just a hella lot cheaper. Worth while to at least get a quote.

Haveing said that tho I went the DBA4000s with what seems the recomended RB74 pads, seems to work a treat, just I make sure I warm the pads up going down my street every morning, otherwise sometimes they arent all that responsive at first (I have to drive thru 3 shcool zones before the car is warmed up properly, so I do it so I dont kill some little brat)

I have RDA rotors in my R32 GTS4 and they've seen five 5lap sessions at QLD raceway a couple of weeks ago, no fade on the day at all have had no probs at all, using the Bendix ultimates pads which only cost $90 for a front set.

RDA are a big manufacturer and are tied in with EBC brakes.

And they are reasonably priced not over the top like DBAs

I got mine for $77 each, slotted cost around $120, I wouldnt bother with the cross drilled.

http://www.rdabrakes.com.au/prodinfo.htm

Stephen

RDA doesnt have a performance based disc do they? I guess their slotted rotors would be similar to the DBA909s, but would come close to the 4000 series rotors?

so does supercheap auto... wonder whether they can get the performance stuff?

Yeah they quoted me for DBA4000's but the quote was ridiculous. They knew it was a crap price but just told me to got to autobahn or bursons and they would match their price - which was crap too.

ABS and racebrakes are by far the cheapest ive come across.