SAU Community

GTS-T R33 Series I or II ??

AlphA

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I had one guy look at the photos of it " Not hyperdrive" and he told me a few things but the most troubling thing that he said is that its very possible that the car is a chop job.. That explains why about 90% of the parts are from different series skylines.. He has it advertised for $15'000 as a Nissan Skyline Series II GTS-T M-Spec 1996. It has a series one front end, series II rear end, no passenger side airbag and what looks like some re painted pannels. Im not 100% saying its a crap car its just not what he is advertising it for.

The front bumper is a series 1 Mspec bumper unpainted, it vibrates HEAPS at 80km per hour.. and looks like about $600 - $1000 to fix that...AT LEAST

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also the battery in the series 2 has been relocated to under the bonnet....that one is still in the boot..... aslo the radiator overflow tank on the series 2 is on the right hand side ( not the left as in this car.....).. am honestly not familiar with the series 1.5 but i have a series 2 soooo after much peekin under my bonnet i can see where stuf is..

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

All i can say is, anyone should jsut keep away from cars like this. Quite apparent from the word go that this car is dodgy (96 plates etc). There are plenty of great quality cheap skylines come up on the market if you are willing to wait (most of them are for sale to get out of debt haha what a suprise). I looked at a 32 last week the guy assured me it was fine. Had an racq check and it didn't turn up any good 200 down the drain. When buying any skyline or car for that matter it is 100% worth having a pre purchase inspection done espiecally with skylines as part often cost a fair bit. Thanks for starting this post Alpha big help for alot of people who might have bought this car.

sorry guys after all this fuss, the car has been sold, yes the car is a series 2 the vin showed 109900+ made, the brake lines and hoses all had corresponding dates too! yes seats and dash are series 2, steer wheel is series 1, what for no 1 knows, no evidence of a serious accident was found when put on a hoist and no evidence of being car alligned either. i agree the grill is different to most series 2's but some1 might have liked this grill better and put it in for whatever reason, and finally, as with most imports that you get from japan, do you really know the whole and entire story of the car you buy? can you honestly believe the k's are real? or even, as with this car, why would some 1 change small things without any evidence of greater things happening, you nor i have the answer, only the previous owner does

also guys, car was bought by an import dealer who has brought many cars in from japan, not all skyline but quite a few still, he gave the car the once over and gave it the all clear, except for a uni joint which he said cost about $100, and comparing it to both series 1 and 2 in his lot came up with this, "series 2, some series 1 parts, but definitely not a series 1"

Series 1.5 id say. How come you told me that you damaged the front end on your driveway, then you said in your post in the for sale section on this forum that you damaged it in a car park at a shop.

yeah well adam, i guess lessons learned eh? you know promises are what makes a bloke, and is his word is how he is always remembered. no hard feelings, just go away with a little more of yourself and i'll be alright, cheers mate, stets

:rofl: :bs!:

also guys, car was bought by an import dealer who has brought many cars in from japan, not all skyline but quite a few still, he gave the car the once over and gave it the all clear, except for a uni joint which he said cost about $100, and comparing it to both series 1 and 2 in his lot came up with this, "series 2, some series 1 parts, but definitely not a series 1"

hey man i dont spose u would like to mention the name of the import dealer that brought this car in????