SAU Community

Race Circuit

kikaider

Hi, i've just recently move to Melbourne for my studies and will be planning to stay on here. I just found out that Albert Park circuit consists of public roads and therefore there will be no track days. I am just curious to know which other circuits are accesible in Melbourne/Victoria? And how far away. Thanks!

Back in Malaysia i go to Sepang kinda often but here in Melbourne I've yet to buy a car cause i'm still studying. I'll most proably be getting one next year when i start working. I was just curious to know if there were any circuits around. Now that I know, i feel much better know that there are a few circuits. Hehehe! I love track days!!!

Thats one thing Vic is good for:)

From the CBD you have

- Calder, approx 35mins away

- Sandown, Approx 35 mins away

- Phillip Island, 90 mins away

- Winton - 120mins away

bastards :cheers:

I'd love to give sepang a run, how is it? very high speed by the look of things?

I love Sepang!! The track is pretty wide, and the 2 straights are pretty high speed. I hit 190km/h with my EK running a B18CR engine on the "start" straight. If any of you have a chance, do go for a drive in Sepang. They have track days pretty often. As long as there isnt any event, every other Sunday is pretty much a track day. I would love to try a higher powered car in there.

So over here, track days have to be personally organized? Or is it organized by the track itself? Because Sepang organizes their track days.

Over here the track days are usually organised by car clubs. These car clubs must be affiliated with CAMS to do so. So to do a track day first you need to become a member of a car club (can I suggest Skylines Australia Victoria :) ) - then you need to get a CAMS license (thats easy - its just $85pa). The you can go to any of the track days held by clubs.

Those of us here at SAU are doing our track days this year with teh WRX Club. You don't have to be a member of the hosting club to participate in their track days (usually) - you just have to be a member of ANY car club.

As mentioned those of us from here are going to Phillip Island on Sat March 12th for our next event. Details are found in the Events sub-heading on this (Victoria) forum. You can also do a search in Victoria with the words - Sandown, PI, Winton, Calder and Wang and you will find plenty of reports / pics from past events we've had. Look out for some pics of a Silver R32 GTST - plates BRI58Y. Its a weapon.

:)