SAU Community

Undercar Nightclub!

MirKz

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

k_hole,

The answer is yes , I'd buy them in pink if they offered the best performance. And the funny thing is if they truely were the best then all the race teams in the world would have pink mags. Pink rims would very quickly become associated with the racing scene. Of course 'red' is the colour that makes your car go faster.

383chevvy,

To make your example easier, lets say it looks like a commodore but out performs my GTR in every way , has better ecconomy and is more reliable. Quite an easy choice for me then you might think. But, then again I own one of only 100 Australian delivered GTR's for group A racing in the early 90's. So I am driving a peice of history too. But lets say in this fictional world the commodore is a one of a kind too, and I happen to love it's history. Ok I have just bought a commodore. A rose by any other name would smell as sweet, call it GTR or call it commodore. Having said that my volvo wagon out performs most V8 commodores I have encountered. I have had worked V8 commo's in the family a couple of times and they aren't my all time favorite car. They have their merits.

My all time favorite car is the 69 plymouth barracuda BO29. Doesn't handle like the GTR but the drive of the big block 10second capable factory car is something my dreams are made of. Having never owned one I can only speculate as to whether it would live up to my expectations.

rev210 the intelligent comments in your posts are sadly contradicted by your sarcasm.

just because i happen to drive an NA skyline does not mean i do not enjoy driving my car or performance, on road or off. do not assume to know me.

i like neons, you'd like a plymouth barracuda, as i have said before, each to his own.

i do not understand the sheer anger and disgust from some people when viewing cars with modifications that they deem 'unworthy' or 'rice' etc.

you don't drive their car, nor do you have to stare at it all day every day so perhaps put this energy into a more productive form?

there are hundreds of fast skylines... perhaps some people are attempting to stand out in some way. perhaps we should just respect each others decisions made about their own vehicles... then of course, forums probably wouldn't be as 'interesting'.

ahaha i love that scanner movie, i recently saw it before it was posted on here :(

its BOMB :)

Personally, if i had the money etc to waste, id bomb the shit outta my NA (keep it with no turbo) and get it to be able to pull 12second quarter miles. But in a realistic world, i dont have the money, nor would it be a wise choice to do such a thing as you wouldnt get any of the money back when it was sold, so hey, im saving up and buying myself a turbo car.

then it will already be fast, and it wont cost AS much to get it to 12 second times (unless its something like an old ET pulsar or something LOL)

I love performance and love driving my friend's cars that have turbos etc, its an awesome rush. Even driving normally is more fun!

But i could only afford my NA when i bought it and its done me great and im proud to have it and drive it. So rather than do performance mods, i may aswell just do little mods to it to make it 'stand out' etc as its never gonna be fast enough without getting a turbo etc

Neons can be cool, if done tastefully (Not cabletied onto the front grill in full view).

I would have dont the neon thing ages ago, but I'm poor and would need someone to fit it for me (I am unlucky enough to not have a hoist, or car ramps designed for something so low. Last time I jacked up the whole side of my car it was with a sissor jack and car stands. Ended up cracking the windscreen >:(

Havent dont it again. Only enough to change a wheel.

The effort to do it well and tastefully are too much for me, cause I'm lazy :P

Rev210 what right do you have to tell people what they should and shouldnt do to their car. if he wants neons let him. no one is saying u have to go out and buy them. i have noticed you always jump into these threads and slam people for their choices. but unfortunatly for you speed isnt everything to all people. why does everything you have to do to your car have to be about performance.

you know what they say. if you dont have anything nice to say dont say it at all. there is no call for this flame shit at all.

why should he have to worry about performance anyway when he has an NA.

get a life

Mirks. its your life man. ignore other peple and just do what you want

Rev210 what right do you have to tell people what they should and shouldnt do to their car. if he wants neons let him. no one is saying u have to go out and buy them. i have noticed you always jump into these threads and slam people for their choices.

wait

what did i miss

where did rev do this?

wait

what did i miss

where did rev do this?

read the whole thread man. u have a habit of not doin that

MirKz,

Good on ya  mate. Since the lights are an external 'look at my car' feature. You don't see them yourself being inside the vehicle whilst you drive so the effect is hardly for yourself. Rather you have done it for what you hope it will do for others veiwing your car as it goes past.  

Perhaps you hope that they will veiw you and your vehilce more favorably. Or create more oppertunites to engage in meaningfull conversations with others as they remark on your distinctive style. This is all very good and I can only encourage you to pursue further your real desire to be respected by which ever subculturual group it is that likes a car with neons and lights underneath.  

thousands of people like the F'n'F movies, perhaps these are the people you want to reach out to?

If this is not accurate perhaps you like to pretend that your skyline is a space ship or something.People may laugh (we all need to laugh more) but, playing pretend is alot of fun afterall.

this is what i meant. this whole post is sarcastic and just plain nasty.