SAU Community

Skyline Number plate size problem.

RedDrifter

You should all buy cefiros! Mine fit perfectly.

Oh wait, 15year rule is gone. But for lets say $50k you can have my cefiro :) Muwahahhahaha!!!

Mine was an 88 model, your value just sunk :wassup:

What about if you were rear-ended by someone, and you bent the plate back nice and straight (albiet with a little kink or two, cant get a perfect job if your not a metalworking pro) is THAT still illegal? ie, natural biffs and bings to the plate. They cant expect it to stay pristine for its whole life afterall...

i got done in a vehicle inspection, luckily i was on my way home from a law exam and the cop saw me comin out of uni so he was rather easy on me after i told him what exam it was (just happened to be police powers!). He didnt fine me and said that if another officer ever tries to fine me ask them to do the 45 degree test and when it passes that tell them that only a department of transport officer can fine you.

By the way, this is for having ure plates cut slightly, not bent. But mine are cut in such a way that u can still just see the outlines of the red border

Thats exactly how mine are too.

Mate of mine just had a look at the legislation on the gov web page and he tells me there is no rule actually written regarding cut number plates.

I will have a look tonight and see if this is so.

I would say he's missed something.

Will keep you guys posted onm how I go in the end.

This is a problem that I might aswell try and fix so this revenue raising loop hole stops. GRRRRRRR ;)