SAU Community

Mini-cruise out to AIR for the Nationals Saturday 26th Feb.

Nightcrawler

Hi, anyone interested in a meet-up to go out to the drags on Saturday either meet at my place (if you know me & where I live) at 9:30am, or near the new Hungry Jacks at Ingle Farm Shopping Centre at 9:45am. Racing is 'supposed' to start at 10am, but NEVER does - so if we leave Ingle Farm at 10am we should be there for the start of racing.

Who's interested? Any objections to the time?

Andrew

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep cnr Walkleys and Montague Rds

Does anyone know what time the drags finish? I am actually thinking if the finals go well into the night, then maybe we do want to go early afternoon - I don't really want to be there for 12 hours solid!

Does anyone know what time the drags finish? I am actually thinking if the finals go well into the night, then maybe we do want to go early afternoon - I don't really want to be there for 12 hours solid!

yeah went well into the night the last few years.

i would be there for 12hours, but am more than happy if guys want to hang around for me and mel to meet up before heading out.

I don't mind missing some of the earlier action if it means a bit more snooze time on Sat morn! :( But i dunno how packed it gets, when it gets packed out at Calder you have to walk a country mile and leave your car in what amounts to a paddock, is it worth getting there early for a decent car park?

Guest Miss_Nismo
yeah went well into the night the last few years.

i would be there for 12hours, but am more than happy if guys want to hang around for me and mel to meet up before heading out.

...and erica, we are going as a threesome, so if you can all meet up say at 2.30 pm then us three can join in. 9.30 am is way too early, i think last year it went until 9 pm??? Am i right?

Timmmayyy where did you get your express tickets from? I want in.

...and erica, we are going as a threesome, so if you can all meet up say at 2.30 pm then us three can join in.  9.30 am is way too early, i think last year it went until 9 pm???  Am i right?

Timmmayyy where did you get your express tickets from?  I want in.

We'll be good, promise, no drinking from me... i'll spare myself the public embarrassment. :Oops:

Im glad its not 40 degrees this year and that its not valentines day either. Should be good weather for racing..

I entered last year and recall being at the track by 10am, running my last pass after 10:30pm and driving home near midnight! In the mid/high 40'c heat it was a killer :( Lost 4kg.

I'm not going to run this year (as opposed to my earlier intention to do so) but I'm keen to head out for a look. I don't mind going early or late... the only thing with going late is that we "might" miss out on seeing some cars if they have terminal failures early on. After my efforts last year 12hrs of spectating will be a walk in the park ;)

EDIT: Just checked the weather on the BOM site... it's looking good!

Friday : Min 15 Max 26 Fine. Mostly sunny.

Saturday : Min 14 Max 28 Fine. Mostly sunny.

ok new plan:

Those that know me meet at my place whenever they like before 2:15pm (will do a bbq lunch if people are interested), others meet at Hungry Jacks Ingle Farm cnr Montague and Walkley Rds 2:30pm. If you don't know me and want to come to an improptu SAU lunch, PM me and I will assess you on an individual basis - bringing bikini-clad chicky's to jump in the spa earns you browny points ;)

Is everyone ok with THIS plan?