SAU Community

Mini-cruise out to AIR for the Nationals Saturday 26th Feb.

Nightcrawler

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn Tim, you posted at 7:18am - wtf were you doing out of bed on a Saturday at that time?? Insane!!! But yes, the weather is going to be absolutely perfect for drags! Don't forget your sunscreen! We will have a group of small chairs to sit on, so anyone that doesn't know the group look out for some little chairs in a pack on the hill somewhere and you'll find us.

yeah thanks to those that came to the BBQ - was great to catch up! Great Ash could make it for the cruise - nice to have a new face (and car) about the place. The drags were cool as always - pity Keir's 32s didn't do side by side 9 second passes though :D

Will upload pics later tonight or tomorrow - got some very nice shots indeed :D

Sorry to hear about your car Danh - you'll be back soon better than ever I am sure!

i went out in friday to do a few testing runs, did a 11.8 first up short shifiting cause i couldnt see the tacho as i was driving looking into the sun, 2nd run felt good but had no timing system so who knows, and then on the third run smoked it in first and 2nd but by about 7k in 3rd i wasnt going much faster and shifted to 4th and didnt drop any revs, say goodnight clutch. Pulled the box out that night to try and fix it hopeing the clutch wasnt the problem, but it has many blue heat spots, and this was a os tripple, but thats whats happens with second hand stuff i suppose.

Was hoping for some good times on a prepped track, ran 130mph the week before.

On a bright side, the morpowa lancer run a 9.8 at 14x without the nos on its first pass giving it the street tyre HPI under 2lt 4wd record but didnt get another full pass due to gear selection problems

i went out in friday to do a few testing runs, did a 11.8 first up short shifiting cause i couldnt see the tacho as i was driving looking into the sun, 2nd run felt good but had no timing system so who knows, and then on the third run smoked it in first and 2nd but by about 7k in 3rd i wasnt going much faster and shifted to 4th and didnt drop any revs, say goodnight clutch. Pulled the box out that night to try and fix it hopeing the clutch wasnt the problem, but it has many blue heat spots, and this was a os tripple, but thats whats happens with second hand stuff i suppose.

On a bright side, the morpowa lancer run a 9.8 at 14x without the nos on its first pass giving it the street tyre HPI under 2lt 4wd record but didnt get another full pass due to gear selection problems

yeah thanks to those that came to the BBQ - was great to catch up! Great Ash could make it for the cruise - nice to have a new face (and car) about the place. The drags were cool as always - pity Keir's 32s didn't do side by side 9 second passes though :D

Will upload pics later tonight or tomorrow - got some very nice shots indeed :(

Sorry to hear about your car Danh - you'll be back soon better than ever I am sure!

yeah it was good day and was great to meet you all.. cheers for organising it.

Sorry guys for not turning up to the meeting as planned ages ago. I wasn't planning on entering the drag as I am inexperience and I knew that my diff will blow. However, Keir was keen for me to enter. He is so nice and has helped me so much with my car so I could not refused.

It sounds like you guys had so much fun again.....as always when Andrew organise it :cheers:

Thanks for the great photo's Tin. Nice to meet your missus finally.