SAU Community

Manual conversion checklist

PranK

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D Hey guys, thought i'd add some photos and info on a couple of stageas i've done. The first was when i lived in Japan and was purchased from the auctions as a twin sunroof/factory body kit non turbo stagea. I wanted non turbo becuase they were a lot cheaper and i was planing a full manual and RB26 conversion. I've attached various photos and will add more.

post-21107-1124968474.jpg

post-21107-1124968569.jpg

post-21107-1124968720.jpg

post-21107-1124968804.jpg

post-21107-1124968888.jpg

post-21107-1124968973.jpg

post-21107-1124969051.jpg

post-21107-1124969149.jpg

post-21107-1124969471.jpg

post-21107-1124969620.jpg

post-21107-1124969754.jpg

post-21107-1124969922.jpg

:D Other photos; Power fc modified to take original ecu brackets for secure and vibration free fitmant. The console used in this conversion is from a series 2 260RS (8/98~) The centre cup holder is missing in the photo but was fitted at a later date. The "G-Sensor" under the console must be slightly relocated to enable the fitmant of the center cup holder. I fitted an extension cable to the power fc commander port and ran it to the ashtray, so the fc commander could be plugged in or removed with ease. This was inspected by the Kyoto (i lived and worked in Kyoto as a mechanic) Japanese motor registery. Standard brakes no problem, but you have to fit GTR front and rear propellor shafts (thicker walled). Total weight was 1680kg with front 910kg and rear 770kg. One of stageas drawbacks is weight!! Especially twin sunroof lot of weight in those twin roofs. Any questions just ask. I don't get on the forums everyday. I'll post more info later and photos of a manual conversion on a RB25DET RS4.

Alan.

post-21107-1124970138.jpg

post-21107-1124970225.jpg

post-21107-1124970720.jpg

post-21107-1124970885.jpg

post-21107-1124970976.jpg

post-21107-1124971078.jpg

post-21107-1124971161.jpg

post-21107-1124971289.jpg

The 26 conversion was done in 2003 and took me 6 months in my spare time! A late 33 GTR engine harness was used. The ABS section was removed and the original stagea ABS section was fitted into the GTR harness. Pull type Late,late 33 GTR box was used. :D

Edited by Argo

Thats awesome man,

Could you by any chance give us a parts list?

Also, any more details on that PFC?

Id be doing the conversion on an RB25DET...rb26 too$$ for me :)

**EDIT, where do you live now?? Still in japan by any chance?**

Edited by AlexCim

I live on the central coast in Sydney now, still in Japan? why do you ask? if chaseing parts no problem. I will post a list later next week. What do you need to know about pfc? That was for a RB26 conversion (which is same as 32/33 GTR pfc) and want work on an RB25. There is NO pfc that will plug straight into a RB25 stagea that had an auto. There has been talk of a 34 gtt pfc fitting......... This is not true, the plug would not even go in if you tried it. Plus a 34 gtt pfc would not run a 33 style RB25 (early stagea) as it is very different to a neo style RB25 engine.

I will post some picks of a rb25 manual coversion i did last month soon.

I live on the central coast in Sydney now, still in Japan? why do you ask? if chaseing parts no problem. I will post a list later next week. What do you need to know about pfc? That was for a RB26 conversion (which is same as 32/33 GTR pfc) and want work on an RB25. There is NO pfc that will plug straight into a RB25 stagea that had an auto. There has been talk of a 34 gtt pfc fitting......... This is not true, the plug would not even go in if you tried it. Plus a 34 gtt pfc would not run a 33 style RB25 (early stagea) as it is very different to a neo style RB25 engine.

I will post some picks of a rb25 manual coversion i did last month soon.

Hey dude, I have a RB25 Stagea and am looking at getting this conversion done. Could you give me an appox price? :huh:

I have a Stagea whit an RB25DET and it used to be auto and it has a powerfc in it. I didnt do the conversion, Mercury Motorsports in Brisbane did it and tuned it all before I purchased it.

So if you want a powerfc in a RB25DET (auto to manual conversion) give Mercury a ring and they should be able to help you out.

Hey dude, I have a RB25 Stagea and am looking at getting this conversion done. Could you give me an appox price? :P

Labour inc oils (g/box,transfer and 4wd) and shifter surround colour match $1200 You must supply all other parts. I will post a list soon.

Also with ska's car they more than likely put in a 33 skyline engine harness in, gts-4 would best as they all have ABS or a gts-t that had ABS. Must have same engine as your stagea ie; series 1 or 2. There is No PFC that will plug straight into that ecu connector without some sort of MODIFICATION. If you talk to mercury :) let us all know what they did.

Maybe with your help Argo, we can organize some type of group buy of parts from japan for conversions, or organize "parts bundles" for people. Im just saying this given that you say you would have no problems getting the parts from japan, would be good for people to buy just a "pack" of parts.

Naturally, i would be willing to pay you for your work in sourcing the parts etc, i could organize the freight myself as i regularly import good from china and have a freight forwarder and customs agent.

Labour inc oils (g/box,transfer and 4wd) and shifter surround colour match $1200 You must supply all other parts. I will post a list soon.

Also with ska's car they more than likely put in a 33 skyline engine harness in, gts-4 would best as they all have ABS or a gts-t that had ABS. Must have same engine as your stagea ie; series 1 or 2. There is No PFC that will plug straight into that ecu connector without some sort of MODIFICATION. If you talk to mercury :)  let us all know what they did.

Cheers Argo :ph34r:

:( Has any one priced all the Manual console (260 RS) parts from Nissan Australia? I just got a reply from (took 2 weeks) nissan, who say that neither late or early consoles and related parts have never been sold in Australia by nissan Australia. No part numbers or prices on file. Anyway they checked it out for me and you can buy them freight free......wow, but get ready for the prices;

Console main body $982.00

Shifter boot and surround $65.00

Console lid $340.00

Handbrake boot and surround/coinbox $595.00

Console inner box $80.00

These prices are for the early type (97~8/98 same as SKA's) and are list price (i'm in a workshop), which is close to trade. Retail is +10%

Rear ashtray is same as auto console

$2,291.00 :) Retail for console????????? What a rip off !! Has anyone else priced these parts??would like to know.

Direct from nissan Japan is less than half this price !

In the end, i am sure that Stagea owners are smart enough that if we REALLY want we could find someone here in Australia to make us all surrounds.

If we were to purchase a surround as a group, there MUST be somewhere local that could just replicate them for us.

The only issue I see with these is that there would be some problems with the finish on the surround being the same as the stereo etc, but in the end, if i was to do a conversion and the only thing left was the surround, i would just drive around with no surround on (i am not THAT fussed)

As for handbrake boot and gear boot, i know people to make these things.

Ian here in melbourne has a manual stagea, he may be kind enough to lend it for a day to get moulded?

On a final note, my nissan dealer seems to be relativly cheap, give me part numbers and ill try and get prices for us all...How about we ask gary himself? Or mercury?

Edited by AlexCim

Wow that is a lot aint it! Lucky I bought mine like that :P

I'll see if I can contact the previous owner to see where he got it all from and costings to see if they are better then those posted above.

Just spoke to my workshop, labour rate for a conversion is $700

I beleive parts will set me back probably another 3-4k as i want good quality parts (spend $$ on a clutch etc)

At this rate, conversion time is in about 2 months, i personally dont care about driving with no console for a few months, odds are id get something custom made to suit the current console lid (aka, just replace that + handbrake hole)