SAU Community

r32 service parts

Jaystar

hey all

have made a search and couldnt really find anything so some help would be appreciated...

Now my car is in need of a service so am wondering where most of you guys with rb20det's get your parts from...as last time when i needed brake pads i spoke to repco enoggera and they said there system didn't list and rb20det as an option for the skyline just rb25de, rb25det and rb26dett from memory.

Last time someone on here gave me part number for the pads and i just told them that and all was good.

But now this time i am in need of :

Oil Filter

Fuel Filter

Spark Plugs

Tappet Cover Gasket (will probs get this from nissan)

Currently have hks honeycomb airfilter and need a new one and am wondering if u can get new inserts or where u can get new filters over here as this one came on the car?

So if anyone knows what parts i need and if even know part numbers would be awesome...

just seeking some assistane

sorry about size of post

thanx

Jason

Oil filter, fuel filter is all same as R33.. spark plugs also. So just look these up in the maintenance section and you should be fine ;)

for ref, its DB1170 for fronts R32 GTS-T (exact same as R33).. and for rears I have DB1144 (although I only have single pot rear so I think this is same as non-turbo R32 rears).

Another amen for copper sparkplugs - change them every 10,000k (every second service) and you'll have consistantly good sparkplugs. Cheaper than platinums too, even assuming you make the platinums last the full 100,000k they claim to manage.

Also just a note... BCPR6ES is the same plug used on RB30s, and Z145A is the same oil filter. Even the air filter is the same. "If it aint broke, dont fix it" I guess aye Nissan? :)

Another amen for copper sparkplugs - change them every 10,000k (every second service) and you'll have consistantly good sparkplugs. Cheaper than platinums too, even assuming you make the platinums last the full 100,000k they claim to manage.

Also just a note... BCPR6ES is the same plug used on RB30s, and Z145A is the same oil filter. Even the air filter is the same. "If it aint broke, dont fix it" I guess aye Nissan? :)

I belive its called cost cutting... :)

Anyway, I went for the fancy pants spark plugs as Im a lazy barstard and I hate having to try to take off that crossover pipe, and all the coils, and as my coils are getting on, the less they get touched the better. My oppionion on that anyway.

Currently have hks honeycomb airfilter and need a new one and am wondering if u can get new inserts or where u can get new filters over here as this one came on the car?

you can get these from autobarn I'm sure. or try Troy at Zoom Auto Imports. 07-33486939. he had some last time i was there.

hey all

thanx heaps for all your help...much appreciated

shall order those things first thing tomorrow

got my tappet cover gaskets today

$30 each at my price

gotta love that

anywayz it not obvious what my saturday morning is going to involve lol

thanx again

Jason

Well dont I feel stupid. I just read that and went "WTF does he need two tapet cover gaskets for?" ... Damn this life of single over head cam, its ruining my brain.

Dont suppose you get discounts on speeding fines do you? $150 retail, I wouldnt mind a reduction in that price :(