SAU Community

GT4 Countdown

igor

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EB price matched (refunded) the BigW price on my pre-ordered copy.

thanks ferni. I would be pissed off otherwise, because as the EB staff member so tactfully reminded me they've had my money for 2 years. it'd seem a bit unfair to penalise me for giving them money in advance....

I just got the PS2+GT4 combo from K-Mart at lunch...

Also slipped in a 8MB memory card and S-Video cable, I had the 900º steering wheel on the counter but then thought better of it :P

It is going to be a loooong night :P

I love it, but I think maybe it's a bit easy?? With the 100k credits transferred over from GT3 my first car was a 95 GT-R N1, with quite a lot of mods. After winning the first race series I entered I won a Nismo 400R, then a 350Z LM Race Car and after that it was just toooo easy :P I'm at the point where I'm considering handycapping myself to production cars with no turbo upgrades

Ive been using two setups for GT3. One involves a custom built (for something else) box. It's about two foot high. For seats I used two bean bags. Another setup is for Driving Force which has a knee holder thing, I just sat on the couch with that one. Both are quite comfortable. I must say though that I haven't tried DFP with the knee clamp, i doubt it will work too well, because of the 900 degrees and stronger feedback.

ENded up getting an adjustable plastic table from Kmart that works out to be the perfect height but the edges are metal which means the DFP just slips off them (doesn't clamp) so I have it secured by, ahem, about 20 metres of packing tape.

ENded up getting an adjustable plastic table from Kmart that works out to be the perfect height but the edges are metal which means the DFP just slips off them (doesn't clamp) so I have it secured by, ahem, about 20 metres of packing tape.

Noice one. Well, I only had about an hour to play with it yesterday - on a smallest telly, with basically no sound. Can't really comment on anything, for some stupid reason I did the Sunday Cup with R32 GTST..... Too easy, just about the only way I would drive worse on those was to go backwards and I still won by half lap in each race. So far but:

- A lot more optioned than GT3.

- Weight transfer on braking is really visible.

- Graphics is on par with GT3. It annoys the crap out of me when you bump the car and the screen smudges. Is there an option to turn it off?

Can't wait to get stuck into licenses. :P

I think the 100k and license transfer from GT3 and prologue is a good idea but if you actually use it, it ruins the game. If you start with 100k the first cars you can get are exceptional and it makes it so easy. I chose not to transfer the money or licenses to make it more interesting. Still going through the first two licenses.

Btw a few undocumented things:

1. Tap R3 during the license tests to bring up the accelerate/brake markers from GT3 (the blue red dotted lines).

2. You can hold R2 to rev out the engine a little further in AT. This can actually give you a bit more acceleration if you time it right. Time it wrong and you'll hit the limiter and slow down.

as an employee of EB i can understand your arguments about price matchng and we price match anything even if youve just bought a game and then see it somewhere cheaper we will refund your money, yesterday was pretty busy for a thursday i must say, some customers asked how they could get there hands on one of our gt4 t shirts lol but yes it was busy and im quite happy with the whole white casing of the game, very shmick

I think the 100k and license transfer from GT3 and prologue is a good idea but if you actually use it, it ruins the game. If you start with 100k the first cars you can get are exceptional and it makes it so easy. I chose not to transfer the money or licenses to make it more interesting. Still going through the first two licenses.

Btw a few undocumented things:

1. Tap R3 during the license tests to bring up the accelerate/brake markers from GT3 (the blue red dotted lines).

2. You can hold R2 to rev out the engine a little further in AT. This can actually give you a bit more acceleration if you time it right. Time it wrong and you'll hit the limiter and slow down.

I'm gonna start over without the 100k, more fun that way, otherwise after you get a race car 90% of the cars in the game are kinda obsolete

nope it wasnt us, someone broke the street date if they sold on wednesday and id hate to be them BAHAHAHA! because the penaltie for breaking a street release date for a game means being sued by Sony and GT4 creators etc... and its not to the company you work for its to you personally, for someone to get it on wednesday maybe it was pirated? unless someone did break street date but we wouldve gotten a call to sell it, but meh i dunno. lol it wasnt me ;)