SAU Community

Driving with ignition coil failure

Hi Guys,

I have a r34 25 GT non turbo, ever since my car has been diagnosed with coil failure, i did not drive it anymore. I think i only have one coil failure, cause very very little lose in performance is felt and the idle that is supposedly to be rough is like small hiccups not rough. But cause i need to go to the airport and it is about a forty minute drive there and back so total of about two hours with stops. Can anyone advise me whether should i drive or anything to salvage the car temporarily as i am waiting for my coils to come in. Thanks a lot for any advise

Take the coil out, wrap it in 3 layers of electrical tape.

I drove my car for about 6mths with slight coil damage, just dont boost it off its chops and drive like a regular human being.

:(

Cant imagine an NA being boosted off its chops anyway :(

I'd drive it with rooted coil packs, if it still accelerates smoothly at less than full throttle and you can move through the gears to keep up with traffic without hitting the RPM they fail at, I'd drive it.

Hi Guys,

I have a r34 25 GT non turbo, ever since my car has been diagnosed with coil failure, i did not drive it anymore. I think i only have one coil failure, cause very very little lose in performance is felt and the idle that is supposedly to be rough is like small hiccups not rough. But cause i need to go to the airport and it is about a forty minute drive there and back so total of about two hours with stops. Can anyone advise me whether should i drive or anything to salvage the car temporarily as i am waiting for my coils to come in. Thanks a lot for any advise

I have a r34GT as well, that i use as a daily driver. About a year ago i had a coil failure but still drove around about 2 months b4 it got too bad and had to be replaced.