SAU Community

Group Buy : Stealth/Boot wing for R33

ZigenGT

Hi.

Al (SAU Vic Vice Pres) will be inspecting the quality of the wing from the supplier in melbourne. If all goes well, we will be buying from that guy. I will also get quotes for all of you who are in other states.

Give us a bit more time, I will update this thread soon.

Cheers

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE

Al (VIC SAU Vice President) inspected the wing from the supplier (Allblitz) in Melbourne this evening. He is pleased with the quality and fitting, and thus we and a couple more people in Melbourne will be placing orders very soon. We are just waiting for anyone else who wants to join in this group buy.

The price is $200 per wing if we can get 3 or more buyers. I will speak to Allblitz to ask if we can get a better price if there is a big number of interested buyers.

I have also included 4 pictures which Allblitz sent me. Please PM me or Allblitz regarding this group buy. You can PM Allblitz to get shipping quotes if you're not from Melbourne.

I will be posting a list of Confirmed Interested Buyers tomorrow. Please contact me if you're seriously interested so I can add you to that list.

Cheers

As mentioned by ZigenGT, I will be supplying the Stealth wings for $200 (Melbourne and Sydney Only). For those who would want to purchase in other states, I would need to see what costs are to that particular location.

I am going to try and get a further discount from the supplier if I can organise a group buy of 10+ wings.

Regards,

Husnu (Hus).

www.allblitz.com.au

Sorry guys, the only place i can organise freight to is Melbourne and Sydney at no extra cost, and Qld C.B.D ($16).

Any other destination, the buyer will have to organise freight. You have the choice of organising freight from Melbourne or Sydney.

Regards,

Husnu.

www.allblitz.com.au

As ZigenGT has mentioned I have personally seen this wing.

At first I was concerned about the fit, as the pictures taken do not have the wing sitting properly. When the wing is flush with the rear end of the boot, the wing fits nicely. The width is just a little short (2 - 3 mm) so the gap between the wing and rear quarters is about 1 - 1.5 mm wider, on each side. When compared to the std wing this is not so bad. I was swapping wings constantly (between std and stealth) and comparing all aspects; how the wing sits, how it lines up along the quarters (from the side, top and rear), etc. By the end of the night I was happy with the quality and fit. If you are concerned about the extra gap it can be compensated for by the panel shop. The wing needs to be fixed to the boot lid with Auto grade glue, as there are no bolts. The wing in the photos has a very slight bow on the L.H.S. This can not be helped as not all moulds, no matter how good they are, come out perfect. This bow was easily corrected with the slightest of pressure on that corner, so when the wing is attached with the glue it will have no trouble sitting flat. I have informed you about all my observations, so that you can all make a clear decision on purchasing this wing. I am confident that these wings are of the same quality that is offered from JMS and Unique Autosports, the only difference is the price. This is probably why the pics on these sites do not show close-ups of the wings on the cars (in regard to the gapping between the wing and the guards).

Hus (Allblitz) has requested a deposit from each supplier be taken b4 the order is put through. I have decided that a non-refundable $50 deposit is adequate and will ensure that potential buyers are serious and will not pull out. Due to my presence on this forum I will be collecting the money on behalf of ZigenGT and Allblitz (Hus), once I have enough buyers I will then give the money and order to Hus. When the wings are made and ready for pick-up the remaining balance can be sorted with Hus (on pick-up from Melb/Syd) or transferred into my account and the goods delivered.

ALL INTERESTED BUYERS PLEASE PM ME AND I WILL PM YOU MY ACCOUNT DETAILS. If you have any questions I will be more than happy to answer them.

Alan

SAU Vic. - Vice President

As there has been quite a number of inquires for shipping to WA, I will be asking Allblizt to see if he can arrange another shipping company or something. I have personally used Bus Freight before twice and they were very efficient. Perhaps they can be shipped to WA this way, but I have to ask Allblitz first.

Also Al has taken the trouble to view the wing & share his thoughts about the wing here, so please let him know if you're interested in the group buy.

Thanks!