SAU Community

Mines ECU - $350

SOLD

I've recently upgraded to a Power FC and therefore have no need to keep my Mines ECU any longer.

It's in perfect condition, has official Mines guarentee plaque and the Mines tamper proof seals are still in place. It's a straight "plug and play" swap for the stock ECU and was running well in the car up till the day I replaced it with the PFC. It's a nice, cheaper ECU upgrade than going for a PFC.

Only asking for $350 - can also arrange postage at buyers expense if not in Sydney.

Please post here or PM me if you're interested (can send photos if anyones interested).

Forgot to add in my initial post that the ECU is from an R33 GTS25t

MXT Imports,

I'm really not sure if the ECU will fit directly into a 1JZ-GTE Soarer to be honest, although I'm a little doubtful unfortunately. As for benefits, the Mines ECU removes the factory speed limiter and boost cut and has a far more aggressive tune that the standard ECU. Unfortunately, the ECU isn't programable (as far as I know), so it would be difficult to modify the current tune of the ECU. I've read about a few cars on here using them that are pushing out decent power figures, but I would only recommend this ECU if you're only looking at modest upgrades to your car as the ECU will most likely be a limiting factor in your upgrades further down the track (due to the fact that it isn't easily tunable) if you're looking to push out big power i.e +200rwkw. But for the price, it's definately a good little upgrade if you're not in the position to buy a Power FC.

I'll post up some pics tonight mate :)

Hey, do you know if this ECU will fit into other Jap cars, i.e. 1JZ-GTE TT Soarer. Also, what benefits does this ECU offer, fuel cut? boost cut? And finally, how easy are they to get tuned and are there many places who can tune them? Definitely interested, so please let me know.

Cheers

I think you're confusing this with a full ECU replacement (i.e PowerFC), this "Mines ECU" is a re-map of the stock R33 computer, there's no way in hell it'll work on a 1JZ. You'd struggle to make it work on any other RB series engine (i'm sure it's possible but hardly cost effective).

I'm interested. Any change of a getting a test drive with the ECU in place on my line?
It could be arranged provided that you're genuinely interested in purchasing the ECU. PM me if you'd like to discuss further.
what sort of power can you get from the ECU? i've got full 3' exhaust, exh cam, filter, FMIC, nismo fuel pump & reg, evc boost controller.
All depends on what boost you're running. Assuming you're running around 12psi, I'd estimate that you should have around 200-215rwkw (if not more). I'm not sure how much 'extra' power you'd get with the Mine's ECU, but it does compensate for some of the inherent inadequacies of the standard ECU when you start making minor mods to the car.
is the ecu for a manual
Yes - I had it in my manual R33. It may also be suitable for an auto, although I'm not sure on that...maybe someone else can clarify.

Apologies for not being able to post up pics as yet. My home PC is playing up and I couldn't get them up last night. I'll attempt to do so some time over the weekend.

have u got details on it  ? doubt it will suit rb20 so no good
Don't think it would be any good for an RB20 unfortunately - the ECU came out of my R33 GTS25T
what mods is it tuned for. i know these have nice aggressive ignition timing, but then the fuel maps are usually tuned for jap fule so its a good idea to retard the base timing a couple.

What kind of power did you get out of it??

I'm not too sure what mods it's tuned for exactly - the ECU came with the car when I bought it and all the research I've done on it since then hasn't really clarified the issue for me either. I personally never had the car on the dyno with that ECU (as I've since replaced it with a PFC), but the previous owner gave me a few pics of the car at a dyno day where it made ~160rwkw (apparantly running 9psi) with the Mines ECU and no other mods, which I thought was pretty good (probably a little too good to be honest). The car did run well when I had it in though - ran a 13.9 at WSID a few weeks ago (before getting the PFC) with minimal mods and a pathetic 60' time of 2.3 (my fault lol), so I would say that the Mines ECU does give a decent improvement over the Standard ECU

$250?  

Sorry dont wanna be a prick but i'm on a tight budget.

Does this also remove the 180 speed limiter that the standard ecu has? I presume it does but please let me know.

Hey Mate,

Yep, you're right - it does remove the speed limiter from the Standard ECU.

As for price, whilst I feel like you're robbing me blind (as I've seen them sell for over $500 on here), you've got a deal provided you pay for postage (if necessary). I'm only selling it this cheap as I have no need for it any more - the unit is in otherwise perfect condition.

Let me know if you're keen to proceed and we can work out the details then.

Cheers,

Brenden