SAU Community

can i run engine hard when it's still cold?

sky

I dunno about no >2500RPM for 10 mins, there's no way I'd spend that long that low with my RB20DET, i'd never get anywhere! :O

For me i just pay attention to how "hard" i drive it rather than keeping it below a set Revs amount, I'll rev up to 3500RPM odd but do it smoothly, no sharp acceleration or hard launches, until it gets warm! :D

I actually kept a closer eye on my revs when i headed home from work last night and I'll revise that figure and say i TEND to keep it under 3000RPM but as i mentioned i don't watch it like a hawk.

why do you want to run it hard just after you've started it? race some commodores on the way to work?

having issues reading are we tim? :P

sorry guy, what i was saying is that the engine is operating at normal oil temperature and the water tempearture is say 60degree instead of 80degree.  ie can i run hard when the engine water is alot cooler then stock due to better cooling system?

i have remove stock thermostate as i have installed the electric water pump and fan... i was wondering if i can run lower water temperature say 60deg or something (or what is the optimium water temp to run)... say on the drag strip can i run the eletric pump and fan at full speed so that the water temp to go down before my next run! thanks guys. :)