SAU Community

Is it farked

Restless 33

also something else to note....it only hapened after i started redlining the car...up until then it hadn't been past about 4500-5000...could this have something to do with it. reset the ecu (disconnected the battery yeah?) and took it for a drive...nothing different really i don't think (problem still there)

where in vic are you? probably easier to just meet somewhere and i can look at it if you like, i dont mind. im in tullamarine/gladstone park. let us know before 10:30pm and we can meet somewhere

i'm over near malvern and camberwell...but i don't mind taking it for a bit of a drive...i think it needs a general tune aswell as the discs machined o2 changed and the boost issue....so up 2 u if u think u can help...w/e are better though coz i'm doing yr 12

ok anyone know where i should take it to get the boost thing checked out. also gotta get the discs machined and 02 sensor changed. looking for somewhere who knows the stuff and wont cost an arm and a leg. Melbourne btw...cheers guys...unless anyone thinks they can help :(

i got my o2 sensor changed at ultratune, cost $60 as i didnt have the sensor removal tool so it was mega hard to get to, they wired it up correctly too. the other problem just sounds like the bleed valve (if you have one) is too high and the stock ecu is retarding the timing or doing a fuel cut. i can have a quick look and get u to take us for a drive in it if you like to try and diag it, i am no means an expert but i cant hurt. your call pm me if you want

yeah no probs. just let me know when you wanan do it. ultratune may be able to machine the discs. i know marlows can do it (they did my old vl) and most normal auto mechanics can do discs. theres nothing too specific about the skyline disc brakes so any auto place can do it

Hey mate i had the same problem, basically its wat had been just before by Paulr33.  Your car is retarding the timing and therefore you feel that flat power band during the rev range at around about 4,500 to about 5,800 than it pulls like a rocket again.  Well Basically its your shitty bleed valve this was the problem for me i had a turbo smart bleed valve and it would spike to 15psi no matter what the setting.  My car was making 217.5 rwkws at 11 psi but the power curve was to the shit house, and basically a r33 with say 170rwkws would have eatten me for breakkie.  I had the GCG hi flow  but all the same the problem your having is to do with the boost spiking.  And in my opinion get an electronic boost controller if you can afford it and maybe a dyno run just to make sure thats the problem.  Does you car pull really hard from like 6,000 to redline?

drewecrome, you pointed out my problem exactly! I have an R34 GTT tiptronic & it's got a Blitz 2 stage (adjustable) boost controller. If I run high boost, the thing flies off the line, then retards then goes, then retards and then around 150-160kms goes hard again. There's about 3 stages of torque increase & fade. I assumed it was the engine starving for fuel due to the fuel pump. Sounds like the stocker ECU is the problem.

What's the best way to overcome this? Do I changed the ECU, add a piggy back computer or get a rising rate fuel reg or another fuel pump?

I'm worried that if I get another ECU, no one will know how to map/tune it properly (ie with WOLF 3D system, I've heard people in Vic hate them, but the prob is that no one knows them well enough here in Vic to set them up).

Another qn...

As far as mods, my engine (I believe) is stock, but car has FMIC, boost controller, BOV, 3.5" exhaust, Nismo sports muffler (strangely with sport/silencing switch).

I have a couple of Defi A-Pillar recordable gauges, but the last owner ripped (yes ripped) the wire out & I hear it is a messy job to reconnect, so I don't know how much boost I am running as they are disconnected.

What's the next step to getting better performance? I don't want to go too far over the top as I don't wanna blow sh!t up.

Thanx in advance,

Mean_R34.

• 3 weeks later...

ok, I too have now all of a sudden developed this problem. I have a remapped ecu with a HKS FCon V piggy back ecu (map sensor model), its real weird, it use to fry the tyres now the power feels like its panning. I thought my timing belt might have jumped a tooth. Is this possible? Does anyone know if fcon v still run off the knock sensors? I think it might be time i went to a power FC, something someone can actually tune and i can see whats going on.