SAU Community

street racer busted on sat night !!!

MFC05

Ive just recived this post on the NS...................

Just heard this, does any1 here know the guy or what type car it was??

A SERIAL hoon has lost his car for good following a wild police chase which reached speeds of 226km/h on the M1.

The 21-year-old tried to outrun officers but his expensive Nissan import wasn't up to the challenge, breaking down as the chase peaked late on Thursday night.

The car ground to a halt on a service road where police seized it and arrested the driver.

It was the man's third hooning offence and he is set to become only the second Queenslander to lose a car indefinitely under the state's new hooning legislation.

Police were tipped off by a member of the public caught in a rolling blockade heading south on the M1 at about 11.45pm.

The officers were forced to weave through the wall of cars to reach the three drag racers. The Nissan sped off as police approached, setting off the chase.

A man caught in the blockade said he couldn't believe how dangerous it was.

"At first I didn't realise what was happening," said the man, who did not want to be named.

"As soon as I figured it out I called the police straight away.

"They were there almost immediately. They seemed to come out of nowhere. I lost sight of them so quickly. I hope they get them all," he said.

A police spokesman said the racers were initially clocked at 160km/h but the chase quickly escalated once the drivers realised police were on their tail.

The Nissan driver's chase was over when his engine exploded in a wall of smoke.

Under the legislation, introduced in November 2002, drivers convicted of drag racing or performing burnouts lose their cars for 48 hours.

A second offence brings an impoundment of up to three months, while a third can see the car forfeited permanently.

The man has been charged with dangerous operation of a vehicle, racing, speeding and disobeying a police direction.

Her gf sign on NS to clear it up apparently it was a S13 silvia with a RB20det

and he didnt loose his car for sure but its in impounds for 48 hours..... and a heavfty bill !!!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell were cops doing trying to chase somebody going up to 200km/hr??

Cops should know when to pull off.. What happened if he had spun out and killed himself and others. Innocent bystanders, etc. Sure he shouldn't have been speeding, but it's a lesser of two evils I would have thought?

yeah I was of the understanding that if the speeds were to great the cops were ment to call off the chase.

Thats just ****en dumb going after the dude at that speed not only dose the guy running have a higher rate of stuffing up BIG & killing him self & may be some one else but so do the cops with other road users maken silly moves to get out of there way too

thats rediculous, the police are stupid for doing that. It just shows that they will go to any lengths to catch someone for this type of offence, sure he was doing something wrong but if he was willing to speed away to get off that, then im sure he was willing to do just about anything to get away. Surely they could have written down his number plate and just gone to his house later on. Or maybe the police in the car were just a little more excited with the thought of going more than 200km/h....shame to the QLD police, shame.

suprised it took the police that long to figure out wtf is going on there almost every saturday, im sure they knew, so why do they sit in bwcp defecting ppl for essentially just "posing" or talking when there are ppl street racing on the M1??

if your racing on the M1 you deserve to have your car impounded, and your license taken from you. There is a time and place for racing and it's at willowbank on wednesday and saturday night.

I say shame on the f***wit in the nissan. How dare he put so many lives at risk! What right does he have to run from the police. If you get done for breaking the law you should stand up and take it like a man (or woman). It is a privelidge to drive not a right.

I sincerly hope that his car is permanetly impounded and he looses his lisence taken from him.

The police have a job to do and that is to make our roads safe for everyone. Sure chasing a hoon along the freeway may not be the safest thing in the world but who says that the racers were not going to be doing those speeds anyway?

I could go on and on but its just not worth my while.

end rant :(

apparently it was a S13 silvia with a RB20det

yeah thats one expensive import!

not dissing the guys car,

he may have spent bucket loads but they are just trying to make it sound worse than it was again!

How dare he put so many lives at risk! What right does he have to run from the police. If you get done for breaking the law you should stand up and take it like a man (or woman).

100% agree, but the train of thought was probably that he was going to loose his car anyway... so why stop?

Lets face it, we all knew it was a matter of time before these laws started chases like this, I mean, If you had a car you put all your time/money into and all of a suddon you were in a situation where you were in a position to loose it forever... what would you do? Granted, most of us here would not put ourselves in that position, but think about the type of people that do.

A man caught in the blockade said he couldn't believe how dangerous it was.

"At first I didn't realise what was happening," said the man, who did not want to be named.

Now he knows how I feel on Beaudesert Road, hemmed in by elderly drivers and 'the slow'

My 2c

1st 1c: Excellent to hear it was not a rb25det that blew up, LOL. Pretty sure the rb20 and 25 would be bouncing off the rev limiter at 226kph!!!

2nd 1c: The coppers chased them because they can, I know a couple of highway cops and that is the sort of thing they hand out for, a chance to be in a +200kph chase, they are same as the people racing, they just to get to do it legally.

how long before it turns into something like this though?

Sydney hit by third night of riots

February 28, 2005 - 7:55AM

Four people have been arrested during a third night of rioting sparked by the deaths of two teenagers after a police car chase in Sydney.

The two teenagers died when the stolen car they were in hit a tree during a police chase at Macquarie Fields in Sydney's south-west on Friday night.

The driver of the stolen car, who police say is known to them, fled the scene and has not been found.

In the third successive night of clashes, 100 police officers were attacked overnight by 150 rioters who threw Molotov ****tails, rocks and bottles.

The officers were first confronted by 100 people while helping firefighters extinguish a car fire in Telopea Street one block from Friday night's accident scene.

A further 50 people, most disguised by makeshift head wraps, appeared in Rosewood Avenue, throwing rocks at police.

Three officers were injured - one suffered concussion, another was bitten by a police dog and a third fractured his hand.

Four people have been arrested, including a 21-year-old man who was charged with rioting and a 25-year-old man who was charged with rioting and carrying an unlawful assembled offensive instrument.

AdvertisementAdvertisement

The men, who were treated for dog bites, were refused bail and will appear in Campbelltown Local Court.

A 17-year-old local youth was charged with affray and was refused bail to appear in Reiby Childrens Court, while another youth was cautioned and released.

A 13-year-old boy was detained by police and released into the custody of his mother.

NSW police superintendent John Sweeney, from Macquarie Fields, said the situation was tense but police remained in control at all times.

"We did not engage this conflict," Supt Sweeney said.

"It started in response to a fire, however police were met by two groups within the community who took it upon themselves to hamper police in their work."

Dyllan Rayward, 17 and 19-year-old Matthew Robertson were killed when the stolen car they were travelling in ploughed into a tree during a police chase along Eucalyptus Drive on Friday night.

Police have defended their actions, saying the officers involved likely followed police pursuit protocol.

Emotions flared later that night and the following evening when mourners and other young people attacked police with stones.

Supt Sweeney said police understood that members of the local community were still grieving over the deaths.

"However, the police must be able to continue to investigate the circumstances of their deaths on behalf of the Coroner and also continue their inquiries," he said.

He urged the driver to come forward.

Most likely the police had already called off the chase but only caught up with the guy cos he blew up his engine. Quite a few of you have made assumptions about things you don't know about. Quite often the chased car crashes after the chase has been called off because they are still trying to get as far away as possible and as quickly as possible.

I feel no sympathy whatsoever for losers who get hurt or are killed during police chases while driving a car they have just stolen!! These idiots kill innocent people in their joyrides or inevitable police chases... how the parents can then justify their kids' actions is the most shocking part of the entire story.

But parenting like that does start to explain why their kids were stealing cars in the first place!

Am I reading that a cop got bitten by a police dog?

Three officers were injured - one suffered concussion, another was bitten by a police dog and a third fractured his hand.

I am glad the cops chase those idiots, cause if they didn't everyone would run, and everyone would get away except those that kill themselves or others. I think it's a shame the cops couldn't chase him down while there was no traffic and blow his tyres, when that hits the news it will make ppl think twice about running.

f**king idiot deserves all he gets.

I believe it is up to the officer at the time. at 12pm, the M1 isn't exactly packed with cars. The guy deserves everything he gets and then some.

The other thing. Everyone winges about them at BWCP. They wouldn't have been checking all vehicles if a Cop car wasn't vandalised the week before. It's the minority that destroy it for the majority.

Think about it this way. What if he sped off and the police stopped pursuit. Next time, after all the bragging to his friends, if he is involved in a high speed chase, he will do the exact same thing. It only takes one getaway and he'll think he's untouchable. People like that need to be taken down defore they do some real harm. And I'm sure the police don't have to do those kind of speeds, or even faster to catch up, to catch these people. A little more common sense on their part would not go astray. I friggin hate getting pulled over by f#$khead cops who think they know everything and treat me like I'm some criminal just because I drive that type of car.

On a separate note. I was pretty sure it was illegal for them to go over 160km/h in a chase. Well, I had a friend who was a highway patrol cop and all they do is call it in saying the offender was travelling at 160 when in actual fact they were doing 200. The police will do 210 or 220 to catch them but because HQ think the offenders are only doing 160 they authorise the pursuit. The police have to get authorisation before engaging a high speed chase and they take into account all variables before taking action, but they kinda bend the rules when they do it.

100% agree, but the train of thought was probably that he was going to loose his car anyway... so why stop?

Lets face it, we all knew it was a matter of time before these laws started chases like this, I mean, If you had a car you put all your time/money into and all of a suddon you were in a situation where you were in a position to loose it forever... what would you do?  Granted, most of us here would not put ourselves in that position, but think about the type of people that do.

Have to agree...wen it comes to that split second of whether ur going to lose your car which you've spent sh1tloads of $$ on sometimes what is the right thing to do just doesnt come into the equation...the guy decided to put his foot down and i dont think any of you (unless youve been in the same situation) can judge and say that u definately wouldnt do it if ur car was about to be confiscated...