SAU Community

holden rulez lol

noise

A friend of mine has just got his VC Commie tuned and its pushing 480+HP at the wheels. He did an RB30 conversion and put that in and its twin turbo. It looks like an old commodore but it goes really nuts. I was thinking he might do high 10's once he has it all in line, that is one fast street car.

I will try get some pics for you guys or get him to post here.

480HP at the wheels in a Holden chasis, i couldnt see that getting anywhere in the 10s unless he puts some of the money to some serious suspension and drive train work.

but least he's realised what power you can get from nissan.

sounds like a beast and a nice sleeper :)

if its manual, 10s will be a big call without smashing unijoints, and bending diff arms on slicks (i had trouble with both on only 350rwhp in the vl)

i think auto would easily get 10s and sure does save that driveline :P

i gave up with the commodore cause i was told only way to upgrade uni joints was a ford 9' diff and then i need a tremec 6 speed which is about 8K so i gave that a miss :(

4wd is the go :D

but must admit ill be missing the crazy sideways action of the vl :aroused:

good luck to the owner and hope to see it on some cruises :)

cya guys

Brad

480HP at the wheels in a Holden chasis, i couldnt see that getting anywhere in the 10s unless he puts some of the money to some serious suspension and drive train work.

but least he's realised what power you can get from nissan.

Thats prolly the dumbest thing ive heard. It has a nine inch diff with a mini spool and a live rear end. What do u think all the super street cars run at the drags ? Let me give you a clue its not nissan IRS thats ripping out 1.5 1.6 60ft times.

mates lh torana, totally stock susp with decent shocks, 9", 400rwhp, consistent 10.5's 1.5/6 60ft's on 8" slicks at the western nat's. jxl you have no idea

there is also an lj running around with a 26-a top bloke, but this vc looks insane

there are trevs who think v8's are gods only way to go fast,

unfortunately,

there are also a newer breed of ppl who think imports are the only way to go, kinda like a trev, but with a japanese flavor, blame fast and furious for that.

there is more then one way to skin a cat, repsect it for what it is and watch out for it to rip out some awesome times.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• What does everyone think about PSR vs Garrett? I've got a genuine G30-770 but would probably get away with a G35-900 because I've got a sequential. Are the real ones worth more than double the price?
    • @Duncan That's good to know. The luck I've been having with the car lately, a part of me was thinking something has gone wrong which is why the voltage is lower now.
    • That makes sense @Kinkstaah Would that mean the car would run as it always has until I get the tune? I’m just asking because I’m trying to understand whether I should try and get injectors and tube done at the same time. (I’d still need to drive from one place to another)   But I don’t want the car to run rich or crap itself while it’s got higher capacity injectors without a tune. Hope that makes sense? 
    • Sorry I can't explain they why, but I've observed voltage is always higher at cold start. 
    • so, while bored at work this week was going through some build threads and saw CRSKmD's thread and saw the free cooling improvements in the front end just by trying to direct the air better and thought i wonder how my car looks. basically, it's terrible gaps from every single point and so with some time today decided to start and tackle that.  nice and easy one to start filling in the gap at the top between the body and radiator.   then while jacking the car up found this fun surprise, never thought i would have to move it as my car isn't exactly stance nation spec but anyway decided to fix that first. so trimmed it back abit applied some primer and used some old rubber hose around all the edges to ensure it wont rub through secured it all down and while putting the fender back on realised the headlight bolt to fender wasn't installed so chucked a new one and now the headlight actually lines up with the body so big win there.   sorry for the poor pictures but went for covering up the gap between the intercooler and radiator and it took me longer than i would like to admit.   the indicators have always been really saggy and had huge gaps between them so tried to improve that and then cover up the gaps still in place to try and stop the air getting in behind them.     some awesome trimming work has been done to fit the massive China intercooler that used to be on the car but ran out of time to fix that up today sadly so plenty more to do