SAU Community

Semi slick question.

Great - I'll checkout the events and see if my car will be registered by then. I'm hoping to register it with someone elses tyres, then take my tyres and take them round the track a few times just to get every little last bit of use - hopefully (and i mean hopefully) see you there :(

Otherwise let us know how they go :)

:P

• 2 months later...

Looks like I forgot to report back.

First time out with the RE55's I blew my turbo on about lap 6 of Oran Park GP. Was kicking some arse before then though. All over a couple of those 300kw HSV's. These tyres are just a whole new world away from street tyres.

I've since been to Eastern Creek with them one and overtook a few R34 GTR's there. An R34 GTR with more power and AWD was no match for me with RE55's.

If you like driving fast on the track, get some.

Oh I should add, they are bloody noisy on the road. I drove for a couple of weeks with them on the street and they shat me to tears. Also they need smooth surfaces to work nicely. On the street you had to actively steer just to go in a straight line because they track on every little bump and groove in the road.

:werd:

Noisy (to dills like me adds to the appeal of driving a bucket of bolts wannabee race car:))

But in the wet they are quite good as long as you have good tread depth. In my car id say they are the equal of th average road tyre....Still pays to be careful though, in heavy rain i suspect they would be worse and their tendency to tramline makes them a bit of a handful in the wet...well thats my experience anyway....and i use mine as daily driver rubber:(

how many Km you got out of them so far Roy? I have a mate in Bridgestone so will be looking at the RE55's soon enough! just need to get my rims that have I have been waiting for 4 months and counting!!! GRRRRR

Depends on the individual...i dont o burnouts or drifve quickly on the street so my day to day kms are very easy on tyres. I suppose the current tyres have done about 6-8 events (some track days in the wet, also drags where they did cop some burnouts) and they have done about 5,000 to 6,000kms...so not all that bad really.

Things is either rotating the tyres or making sure your susp setup is correct otherwise you can kill them pretty quickly , especially on the front