SAU Community

is 100 000ks to much for r34

t8

I'm looking at buying an r34 gtt 4 door, I have found on an importers site a 2000 gtt auto 4door with 118 000 klms on it. The price they sold it for was about 23K on the road. Would anyone be wary of buying an import with that many ks on it, or would it not be a problem. The price seems very cheap for a car of that age to, would this be because of the high ks (for its age). Does anyone know what price they normally sell for? also has anyone seen many manual 4 doors around or are they rare? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to suss it out!

At least they are being honest for once. 95% of the cars that come from there are wound back so just check for wear on the gearstick, handbrake and seats and you should be right.

Manual 4 doors are a fair bit rarer than autos but they do exist.

As previously stated, don't worry about the km's, look at the car's general condition and for wear. That car has only done about 23000km per year which is the usual average in Australia, i don't beleive all people live in the city districts of Japan.

Price is damn good!

I bought my car with 28000 odd ks when I bought it 18 months ago.

It now has almost 70000.

Not a single problem with it.

At the end of the day, if you can get it cheap, you can spend any money saved if you need to on a big general service and replace everything.

Mine is 5 speed.

FMIC, PowerFC, EBC (11psi flat), Front pipe, Cat, big exhaust.

I haven't got that button. I'd say it wouldn't make that much of a difference.

There is still another muffler in the middle of the exhaust that would be restrictive.

Apparently the actuators in the Nismo Sports Muffler seizes all the time, and you need to squirt it with WD40 all the time.

Would be nice also to make it open at certain RPM or boost levels. See Autospeed for something like that.

Cheers

Pete

I'm on 150,000 in my one...100,000 N/A and 50,000 with the turbo bolted on...still going strong :P

My one had 45,000 on it when I got it in 2002...it was an early 1999 model..so had realistic Ks on it.

Good to here about the cars longevity Dan might be keeping mine as a family car for a few years. Hoping those front doors will be more practical in car parks etc those coupe doors can be a bitch. Pity they didnt make the rear seat fold down since they moved the battery back under the bonnet.

The sedan got the ski-port though didn't? The coupe has no access to the boot whatsoever from inside...but it does make for some good sounds from the sub as you don't get any high frequency rattles inside the cabin :P

mine had the service stickers from the mechanics inside the doors and the dates and kms matched good. I think they are pretty strick with km winding now as they often knock them back from the auction yard if they think they have been fiddled with

i duno

my thorts are its probly got to many km's on it for a 2000model from japan

and thers no proof to say their genuine either - it might have done more....

Personally i wouldn't buy a car over 100,000ks but some say that all the minor kinks in the car have been figured out by then.

i am also looking to buy a R34 1998 ive seen a few and mostly they have been around the 25-30,000 km range.. they have been the tiptronic models i haven't seen what the ks are for manuals..